GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

it took a moment to realise, but now I know why the Geelong article really bugged me.

Talking about how Mitch would be a great fit at Geelong, providing forward support for Hawkins.

Same thing said about why Collingwood are so interested in him.

But in all that. There is no club, no club at all, in more need of a key forward than the Melbourne Demons.

It is why we paid so much to secure him, it is why he was so important.

Mitch Clark was Melbourne's most important player, structurally even more vital than our captain.

Now we're talking about him walking off in a straight swap for an inconsistent half-back flanker or a mid/late second round pick.

Stinks.

if Clark goes to the club of his choice because it is 'better' for his chance at rehabilitation, I for one will remain cynical.

And I think it will kill footy contract 'goodwill' for good if someone, for whatever reason, can walk away and go to the club of their choice. No more 'special circumstances' etc. The AFL need to step very carefully around tis because weaker clubs are going to be decimated.

Anyone who thinks MC and Frawley aren't in the top 5 most impost players at our club is kidding themselves. We lose both after a season where we finished 17th. This is bad. Those guys impact games and kids don't for a few years.

Roos will have to have a blinder to improve our list with trades compared to the loss of those guys.

It hurts so bad that Mitch doesn't want to come back. Him back and firing is exactly what we need. I feel like the universe conspires to create just one or two crappy events each year to keep us down. This appears to be one of those.

I would class Jones, Tyson, McDonald, Salem and Gawn as more important to us going forward than Frawley or Clark.

It isn't ideal having them leave, but it certainly isn't the end of the world.

whats the hold up, both teams seasons ended in round 23

If h was coming we would know about it by now

a little thing called "official trade period "

To be honest, when Frawley won his AA, I thought he was a very flawed footballer. Like Luke Breust, Shannon Byrnes, Matt Spangher etc... they can hide with elite around them.

A bit unfair on Luke Breust. Consistent over the past four years. Premiership player. Averages two goals a game as the 3rd or 4th forward. One of the best kicks for goal in the game. And over 50 goals this season so far. Your standards are way off the mark. Not hiding, delivering the goods instead.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

wrong thread lol

was meant for the Danger thread

but point taken

a little rusty there HH :)

To be honest, when Frawley won his AA, I thought he was a very flawed footballer. Like Luke Breust, Shannon Byrnes, Matt Spangher etc... they can hide with elite around them.

I know where you are coming from TGR, but I must have missed the 'elite' who surrounded Frawley in his AA year.

• Like 1

I know where you are coming from TGR, but I must have missed the 'elite' who surrounded Frawley in his AA year.

The "elite" were usually his oponents that he mostly beat up on

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 2

Clark hasn't impacted a game for 3 years.

3 years is a long time. I cannot see his body holing up. I can see alot of plugger Lockett scenario here. Absolutely spud it up when he comes out of retirement.

I will bet my testicles Clark will never make the impact he did back in 2012.

It's 2 years and if you give up your cojones then you ain't got much left.

Geelong are fading correct, but you add Clark and Frawley to that side and all of the sudden they stay a top 4 team for the next 3 years and have a chance to pinch another flag. Unfortunate for us we just happen to be at the bottom end of the ladder for free agency, the way it is working at the moment the top teams are getting players to top up their list.

Frawley will go to Hawthorn. They are a better side and they have the money to splash around with the loss of Buddy. If Jones leaves I expect he'll go to Hawthorn as well. The AFL will change the rules if that happens as we will be in serious trouble if Jones leaves.

Frawley will go to Hawthorn. They are a better side and they have the money to splash around with the loss of Buddy. If Jones leaves I expect he'll go to Hawthorn as well. The AFL will change the rules if that happens as we will be in serious trouble if Jones leaves.

Jones is in contract talks with Dees currently

Jones is in contract talks with Dees currently

I don't think that means much. If we have another poor season I can't think of a reason why he would stay, he wants success.

I don't think that means much.

It doesn't mean it is signed sealed delivered but to my thinking - in contract talks is in direct contrast to "I'm putting off contract talks to the end of the contract so I can just concentrate on my footy". (decoded that means " I'm off outta here to the highest bidder")

Edited by nutbean
  • Like 4

I don't think that means much. If we have another poor season I can't think of a reason why he would stay, he wants success.

Jones probably believes things WILL start getting better. He may well be privy to things we arent !!...and perhaps hes not a ....... like some !!

Jones isn't going anywhere.

He already has 3 b&f's under his belt and he bleeds red and blue.

NJ is in the rare position where he can really niche out a lasting legacy at Melbourne.

Plus I think Jones would be buoyed by Dom Tyson coming in and having a great year.

Jonesy has already done the hard yards, makes no sense to jump ship now.

Edited by KingDingAling
  • Like 5