The official I love Dom Tyson thread

He's got a cute bumm.

I'm glad you are enjoying the new look backline.

• Like 2

Gee our midfield is looking ok long term. Would love to nab one more GWS kid

provided his name doesn't start with $. :-)
  • Like 1

In all the excitement Jack Viney is slipping under the Radar, along with Nathan Jones.

Geez it's going to be scary when we start seeing 100 games next to

Viney

Toumpas

Salem

Tyson

Kent

Kennedy-harris

• Like 3

I wrote to that moron Edmund on Twitter two weeks ago, you can see his reply below. He also mentioned my tweet in a podcast and said "Don't shoot the messenger"...you can listen further to his dumb explanation at about 30 mins in this weeks Herald Sun podcast. Typical journo taking no responsibility for a ridiculous story. The key to it is that, as Roos said, GWS will do ok out of it too but these journos don't seem to understand that. Plenty of trades that are win/win.

.@SammyHeraldSun clearly the nameless recruiters you used for your article on the @DomTyson29 trade know their stuff #wenttooearly #noidea

11:17 PM - 17 May 2014
Tweet text
  1. @LukeyBuzz I wonder if you say they went too early, what makes you think you're not?

2. @SammyHeraldSun where did I say that the Dees won the trade? Speak to your sources now and see if they still think 'it's going to be nasty'

• Like 1

I wrote to that moron Edmund on Twitter two weeks ago, you can see his reply below. He also mentioned my tweet in a podcast and said "Don't shoot the messenger"...you can listen further to his dumb explanation at about 30 mins in this weeks Herald Sun podcast. Typical journo taking no responsibility for a ridiculous story. The key to it is that, as Roos said, GWS will do ok out of it too but these journos don't seem to understand that. Plenty of trades that are win/win.

960dec92-d536-473a-aa97-b0dd982f26b5_big

.@SammyHeraldSun clearly the nameless recruiters you used for your article on the @DomTyson29 trade know their stuff #wenttooearly #noidea

11:17 PM - 17 May 2014
Tweet text
  1. @LukeyBuzz I wonder if you say they went too early, what makes you think you're not?

2. @SammyHeraldSun where did I say that the Dees won the trade? Speak to your sources now and see if they still think 'it's going to be nasty'

What a toss.

You're a legend haha

Take the GWS Dom Tyson, add a new environment; an injury free run; Paul Roos, George Stone and a touch of Mark Jamar and you have what we see today ie. a budding star with a heap of upside. I love what Dom has achieved to date, but it's the footballer that he might become that has me salivating.

• Like 1

I think Roos is being tempered and even downplaying the value we've got from the Tyson/Salem for Kelly deal (plus other bits), so as to enable us to negotiate another deal at the end of this year.

If GWS reckon they were stiffed they will resist dealing with us again... so best be quiet about it.

• Like 3

I think he is a kid and the season will catch up with him soon.

But the promise is so grand if he can continue on his current path.

I don't think Tyson or Polec will stop this season.

Both players have blown the season apart, many traded them out of supercoach thinking they'd reached their limit - but they are getting better.

I think Dom Tyson will just keep going now.

One thing that bugs me is the hype around Kelly, watching him I never felt he was that exciting, he wasn't clearly better than Salem or Freemans best,

I still feel Scharenberg or KoloJashni were better prospects as well

liked the look of Aish but felt he was too much like Toumpas

One thing that bugs me is the hype around Kelly, watching him I never felt he was that exciting, he wasn't clearly better than Salem or Freemans best,

I still feel Scharenberg or KoloJashni were better prospects as well

liked the look of Aish but felt he was too much like Toumpas

Freeman in my opinion has a ridiculous amount of upside. I feel as if he plays like Dangerfield, being explosive and a tough player.

I do agree though that Kolodjashni is a better prospect than Kelly.

But Salem is majestic, he is like Yze, just all class

Freeman in my opinion has a ridiculous amount of upside. I feel as if he plays like Dangerfield, being explosive and a tough player.

I do agree though that Kolodjashni is a better prospect than Kelly.

But Salem is majestic, he is like Yze, just all class

the big knock on freeman is he can have one great game and 4 bad ones after that, he's so up and down, Salem is going to get you 25 really good touches week in week out

Kelly has great running ability and abit of class and good footy genes, but he isn't that special, he certainly isn't in the class of Jaeger, Viney or Wines imo

and I consider Doms current form better than any of those three by a distance.

• Like 1

That's gold GM. Two weeks ago, great get. You should follow up now with a tweet to him with Roosy's quotes (which by the by they replayed on FC last night).

I still reckon Edmund simply made the quotes up because seriously what recruiter would make such a big a call so early?

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

I think Roos is being tempered and even downplaying the value we've got from the Tyson/Salem for Kelly deal (plus other bits), so as to enable us to negotiate another deal at the end of this year.

If GWS reckon they were stiffed they will resist dealing with us again... so best be quiet about it.

I don't think this is an issue. If they lost out on the deal they may think they will win the next one. We did not force them to trade , they wanted to. I think both clubs are willing to trade with each other, that is good, they would appear to have plenty of players wanting to move back home. What sensible person would choose to live in Western Sydney. (Scully - I rest my case)

• Like 1