Training - Thursday 24th April, 2014

Alcho Dee

Hey, if you really think that way, then why not turn up yourself and tell him straight to his face?

Agreed, but then again we don't have many "supporters" who are 'brave' enough to do that, prefer to sit in the stands beer and pie in hand and hurl abuse.

I am still waiting for some to tell Cam Pedersen he is fat to his face

If the weather is fine, nearly died last Friday, will probably take the morning off from my wonderfully united workplace

• Like 1

Agreed, but then again we don't have many "supporters" who are 'brave' enough to do that, prefer to sit in the stands beer and pie in hand and hurl abuse.

If the weather is fine, nearly died last Friday, will probably take the morning off from my wonderfully united workplace

Hey, Satyr, as much as I enjoy your training reports, I'm starting to get even more interested in your workplace. Can you tell us more?

Hey, Satyr, as much as I enjoy your training reports, I'm starting to get even more interested in your workplace. Can you tell us more?

Nothing much, just going through a reorganisation, downsizing, and involuntary redundancies, they made the wonderful decision to refer to staff such as myself who are not staying to be labelled as "leavers', went down a treat

Nothing much, just going through a reorganisation, downsizing, and involuntary redundancies, they made the wonderful decision to refer to staff such as myself who are not staying to be labelled as "leavers', went down a treat

I'm sure "soon-to-be-departed" would go down much better...

Honestly, would there be any deemed acceptable term to use to describe those in that position?

I imagine simply what it refers to is what is found offensive.

Well, whatever your reason for being a 'leaver', I hope that you end up doing what you want to do, wherever that may be (but for whomever it is - please make sure they understand your need to attend Demon's training for the benefit of the rest of us).

Would like to know if they train well so that if they lose this week at least they'll be one positive.

That's what frustrates me the most, apart from the one or two 'light' sessions I have attended, the training has been top notch since day one, particularly the lenght of field drills, running in waves, multiple options, excellent kicking and really good decisions, I think that is what Roos sees, and he and we just need 22 to put it together in a game

I'm sure "soon-to-be-departed" would go down much better...

Honestly, would there be any deemed acceptable term to use to describe those in that position?

I imagine simply what it refers to is what is found offensive.

Going slightly off topic, I think the angst/anger/disgust/offence was due to most people not making the decision to 'leave'

That's what frustrates me the most, apart from the one or two 'light' sessions I have attended, the training has been top notch since day one, particularly the lenght of field drills, running in waves, multiple options, excellent kicking and really good decisions, I think that is what Roos sees, and he and we just need 22 to put it together in a game

Yes I have noticed the same when I have attended and have asked before whether there should be more match simulation at training. You do need to spend time practicing skills, kicking, marking and running to the right areas etc but this is done against minimal pressure and generally the guys look good. Come match day and the skills evaporate under pressure where there is minimal time and space to react. Would it help to do regular match simulation training in a confined space where two teams have to compete and practice making quick decisions and they can practice their tackling as well?

• Like 1

apparently salem might be up for selection. good performance for casey, 30 odd possessions.
Chomps harmes also racked up a load of possessions, although i think he may have been a little wasteful or something, the summary of his performance wasn't all that encouraging despite his possession count.

It was his first game back at casey after a stint in development.

If he keeps that effort up i would imagine he would also be pushing for selection down the track.

Yes I have noticed the same when I have attended and have asked before whether there should be more match simulation at training. You do need to spend time practicing skills, kicking, marking and running to the right areas etc but this is done against minimal pressure and generally the guys look good. Come match day and the skills evaporate under pressure where there is minimal time and space to react. Would it help to do regular match simulation training in a confined space where two teams have to compete and practice making quick decisions and they can practice their tackling as well?

I think there's an argument that you need to build the skills before you can try to maintain them under pressure.

I suspect Roos and the panel reckon the skills just are not good enough, so let's get them up to scratch and really ingrained...then you might try more match day pressure simulation to try to build the ability to retain them under pressure.

FWIW I think the second half of the year should start to yield greater improvement.

I lifted these Roos' comments from demonland which I think underline my main point that we are trying to get our skills (and game style) right first:

“Most of what we’re trying to do now is get ourselves right. When I was coaching the Swans, we spent a lot more time on the opposition, because we felt we had things right there through the mid 2000s. So you spend a lot of time on the opposition, trying to work out what they’re doing,” he said.

“What we’re trying to focus on at the moment is getting those simple things right and trying to put some things in place that we think eventually are going to make us a good team.

“So we haven’t spent as much time on oppositions, as I probably did at Sydney, when I was coaching Sydney, and that’s been a real focus for us – just trying to get ourselves right."

Edited by pitmaster

In a way you don't need 'match simulation'. With where we are at, as a non-finals contender, every game is an opportunity to learn how to execute under pressure. Each match as the players execute whatever they are being told to do at training they should be getting better at doing it under pressure. Those that don't get better will find themselves falling behind and eventually dropping to Casey and eventually off the list altogether.

Guys,

I just thought I'd let you know.

If you work or live in the CBD.

I and a few old mates will be selling Anzac badges in the foyer or outside the Optus Building

357 Collins Street. Tomorrow (Thurs) You could come in after you have taken the morning off from work to watch training

Come in make yourself known and part with some hard earned $$

I am the only Melbourne supporter and will be wearing a Red & Blue tie.

• Like 6

Guys,

I just thought I'd let you know.

If you work or live in the CBD.

I and a few old mates will be selling Anzac badges in the foyer or outside the Optus Building

357 Collins Street. Tomorrow (Thurs) You could come in after you have taken the morning off from work to watch training

Come in make yourself known and part with some hard earned $$

I am the only Melbourne supporter and will be wearing a Red & Blue tie.

That sounds familiar Chippy.

Purchased today from a Viet veteran I think he thought I was one also, right vintage but my number did not come out.

I was looking at him and thought " god you look old " a few minutes later I looked in my rear vision mirror.

This nice young guy sold me a ......

• Like 3

I'll tell you what. He's a good bloke Cam. When I went to training at Casey in January, he was quite happy to have a brief chat although I don't think we traded platitudes about our weight. He didn't look overweight so I doubt that I would ask that question anyway.

I'll tell you what. He's a good bloke Cam. When I went to training at Casey in January, he was quite happy to have a brief chat although I don't think we traded platitudes about our weight. He didn't look overweight so I doubt that I would ask that question anyway.

Pity he cannot play as well as being "good " WJ

Having said that I think he has performed a lot better this year than I thought he was capable of showing.

There are worse in our side at present.

That sounds familiar Chippy.

Purchased today from a Viet veteran I think he thought I was one also, right vintage but my number did not come out.

I was looking at him and thought " god you look old " a few minutes later I looked in my rear vision mirror.

This nice young guy sold me a ......

To be totally honest, when it comes to selling an Anzac badge or a Poppy.

We are totally full of shite.

I am happy you bought a badge OD, it does go to a very worthwhile cause.

All of our proceeds go to the welfare of not only our poor unfortunate members, but we contribute a lot to the

Heidelberg Repat. Hospital rehabilitation Centre to purchase up to date Gym Equipment to keep the old bodies mobile.

To be totally honest, when it comes to selling an Anzac badge or a Poppy.We are totally full of shite.I am happy you bought a badge OD, it does go to a very worthwhile cause.All of our proceeds go to the welfare of not only our poor unfortunate members, but we contribute a lot to theHeidelberg Repat. Hospital rehabilitation Centre to purchase up to date Gym Equipment to keep the old bodies mobile.

My dad was WW2 Chippy on the Kokoda.

On top of that a number of friends went to Vietnam.

A couple have never been the same since.

Small thing on my part.

Anyone meditating the house down?

• Like 6

Not sure about this meditation caper... I was just checking mantras and it appears one of Neeld's very distant ancestors may have had some input:

1. “I am that I am” – This is one of the Hebrew Torah’s most famous lines, and it was God’s answer to Moses when Moses asked for his name.
  2. “Ham-Sah” – The Hindu variant, meaning I am THAT.
Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

Not sure about this meditation caper... I was just checking mantras and it appears one of Neeld's very distant ancestors may have had some input:

1. “I am that I am” – This is one of the Hebrew Torah’s most famous lines, and it was God’s answer to Moses when Moses asked for his name.
  2. “Ham-Sah” – The Hindu variant, meaning I am THAT.

Dont forget to...

tumblr_msvmqpQtqn1qkh4g0o1_500.jpg