Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

2014 Demonland Dream Team Comp

DeeVoted

Love your work DV, please include Roys Boys again

Thanks for the compliment, 1st and only. Good to see you back for another season.

Any preference on AFL Fanasty ot VS Dream Team? vote now if you have.

I forgot to mention. Of the 18 coaches listed in the Legends League (1st thread) only 5 coaches have yet to confirm for the Legends League. I wont name and shame, they will if they are interested. But its going to be tough and hard fought in that league is my guess.

There are still plenty that havent confirmed for the Tridents League as yet. We still have another League "Redlegs" IF required.

Anyone interested to join a league post your intentions and I'll add you to the list, waiting to be allocated.

Edited by DeeVoted

The voting to play the Demonland comp on either AFL Fantasy or Virtual Sports expires this Saturday. AFL Fantasy is the most favoured atm.

Apart from having a spanner thrown in the works when VS Sports and the AFL decided to go their own seperate ways,everything else has been going relatively smoothly. My job has been made easier with everyone getting their confirmations in early. For those not aware, we had over 50 players in 3 leagues last year,some unidentified, so I had no idea who some were that played in 3 leagues. I knew some were not registered on Demonland, and I expect some of the same when I post a code for a league in the coming weeks. Every Demon supporter will be able to join one of our leagues and play if they wish too.

Although not a enforced requirement, I would urge anyone that only reads these threads and want to compete in a league to sign up to Demonland (even if it is just to express an interest just to play DT) and then be allocated to a league suited to their DT ability, everyone in theory in a league of equal footing.

Towards the end of the 2013 season I requested confirmations for 2014 to gauge an idea if it was going to be worth my while sorting through all the coaches and then sort everyone into a league. We had enough to fill almost 2 leagues, then my job began. The idea for an tiered DLand DT / SC comp began in 2011.

I then began to save the names of the coaches in our very 1st league, the name of that league in 2011 was DT Demons Legends League. I suspect some of these players as still with us today, under the guise of a different DT team name or a different DLand Username or both. ( I may post this data, some interesting names back then) some may recognise themselves, from back then. Our 1st Premiership winner back then was Muppets 1st XVIII, I'm not sure if that is related to the Muppets 1st XVIII today. The next GF winner was Mega_Watts in 2012. Then last year we had 3 leagues, Toumpas' Souvalaki, Cellar Dwellers and Z's r coming, all winning a GF in their respective leagues. The "Rookie" league had 7 players qualify into the 'Legends League", more than any of the 3 leagues.

Last year we had the qualifying leagues for the 1st time, and this year will be the 1st year that the idea from 2011 begins. Having said all that,along with some background history, the Leagues are only as good as the players involved, its YOUR comp to enjoy and how successful it remains relies on retaining the numbers , I just do a bit of organising.Getting confirmations in as early as possible really helps organise the comp. So thanks to everyone for making my task a bit easlier, now I hope the "Legends League" kicks some butt in the overall standings in Dream Team. The Legends are the best we have on DL, I'm expecting some competive games amongst them. Good luck to those 18 players.

There are 5 vacant spots still reserved for the Legends League, I hope at least 2 more confirm before the cut off.Should these 5 players not return next in line to be promoted are in order of...

1: Darkhorse

2: Kervo's Kaos

3: Roo's Boys

4: Marvel Mavericks

5: Muppets 1st XVIII

Next week I will PM out the code for the Legends League, so those that are playing in this league, keep an eye on your PM notices.

There is will be a short delay then the invites will be sent to those qualified for the Tridents League. (including the new players for 2014)

Then a code will be made public and posted in this thread for the Tridents league allowing non DL users to fill this league, and if needed another code if another league is required. Any Demon supporter and DT player shouldnt miss out on joining a league.

Edited by DeeVoted
  • Like 2

While we wait for the deadline for voting to end we can begin to get people into the "Group" league.

Select one or both links if you playing both versions. Keep in mind the comp looks to be heading to AFL Fanasty.

You do need to be logged in before using the links below.

1: VS Sports DT http://afldreamteam.virtualsports.com.au/?p=group&type=corporate&group_code=722488

2: AFL Fantasy https://fantasy.afl.com.au/classic/index.html#/league/10871/about?code=32ECDP3H

I tested the links both worked for me. If you have problems joining, try opening the "Your Leagues" option and select create / join a league.

Enter the code and you should join the Group.

Virtual Sport Code = 722488

AFL Fantasy Code = 32ECDP3H

Failing that, scan through Leagues to join find

Demonland - Private Group (for Virtual Sports web site)

AFL Fantasy Group Name is Demons Supporter Group

Anyone can join the Group League. But you do need to be registered on either Web Sites.

Edited by DeeVoted

Thanks for the compliment, 1st and only. Good to see you back for another season.

Any preference on AFL Fanasty ot VS Dream Team? vote now if you have.

I forgot to mention. Of the 18 coaches listed in the Legends League (1st thread) only 5 coaches have yet to confirm for the Legends League. I wont name and shame, they will if they are interested. But its going to be tough and hard fought in that league is my guess.

There are still plenty that havent confirmed for the Tridents League as yet. We still have another League "Redlegs" IF required.

Anyone interested to join a league post your intentions and I'll add you to the list, waiting to be allocated.

Small hiccup DV my team name in AFL Fantasy this year will be Roos Boys, some SOB has taken my old name

Small hiccup DV my team name in AFL Fantasy this year will be Roos Boys, some SOB has taken my old name

Karma will catch up with whoever knicked it. Someone might remember but I'm sure in the past, multiple teams with the same name could be used.

Roo's Boys is a VG alternative.

I take it your post as posting a confirmation on behave of someone without a Demonland username? If so, thats not a problem until I need to verfiy or contact this person.I dont have a Howezat on my database from 2013. PM an email addy if you can. In the meantime I'll stick him/her on the 2b added list.

There looks to be a few coaches without a demonland account, it makes it a lot easlier to organise if they do have one. If I post the codes publically we could have anyone joining the wrong league. Then I have to kick them out and get them in another league.It then gets messy.

If anyone knows someone that is in the Legends league or have qualified for another league, and dont have a Dland account, If they can Pm me their email address I'll contact them. There will be a public DT league (Reglegs?) that everyone will be able to join up and play. I'll post this code in this thread. I'll have a better idea once more confirmations come in and crunch the numbers.

Deevoted,

I can't remember my D'Land comp name. But I operate under Howezat in DT

The owner of the toumpas' souvalaki is back this year with his new team Watts hogan on? to defend his crown. Best of luck fighting for second place boys!

Not so fast you havent seen my elite team for 2014. Its been posted in the DT general discussion thread. What was that saying.... "A team of champions...."

Deevoted,

I can't remember my D'Land comp name. But I operate under Howezat in DT

If you were in one of the 3 D'land leagues last year, you should see your team name listed. The lists for all 3 leagues are posted in the 1st page of this thread.

If you somehow have been overlooked let me know I;ll adjust the database.

I have you and a number of others in the Tridents League. The invites for the Tridents will be send out late this week or early next week. The legends have just been notified and waiting a bit longer for them to respond. Then the Tridents are next to be sent out their PMs, when they have responded then the code will posted in here to fill that league.

We are waiting for 3 teams to join the Legends league, and have 1 team yet to confirm. 2 teams from the Tridents league have already been promoted.

Next in line should they be required to make up the 18 in the Legends league are

1. Roo's Boys
2. Marvel Mavericks
3. Blease's Wheezes
4. Muppets 1st XVIII

The above are in limbo in case they are needed to fill the vacant spots. The remainder of the Tridents League have been sent their PMs.

Edited by DeeVoted

I have successfully joined the TRIDENTS league. I have the highly original team name of " Al's Demons". Hoping not to trade out before finals as I do in SC.

Big thanks to DeeVoted for setting this up.

NP Al, I hope you enjoy the comp.

There is a glitch with the Supporter Group League that I am trying to sort out. The player limit is 18 its supposed to be unlimited. Anyone trying to join will probably see league is full. I hope to fix this without having to delete the Group league and start from scratch.

• Like 1

Seriously excited gents.

Hope you're all ready to be beaten by Ricky's favourite chicks!

I refuse to let a bunch of chicks beat me. I may lay down for a few, but losing isnt why I play :)

Besides bump up the age bracket x min 10, I may relent. ..... U16s?? As Greg Champions sang.. "you could get arrested for that"

Jiagars and Lord Travis are holding up the next phase. I'm waiting on them joining their league. I'll give them a bit longer before seriously thinking about promoting 2 teams from the Tridents league.

When that is settled, the Tridents league code will go public, for non DLanders to fill the vacant places left.

NB: If anyone hasnt joined the Demonland Melbourne Supporter Group, could they try joining, and let me know if it there is still a problem joining.

https://fantasy.afl.com.au/classic/index.html#/league/10871/about?code=32ECDP3H

Edited by DeeVoted

I refuse to let a bunch of chicks beat me. I may lay down for a few, but losing isnt why I play :)

Besides bump up the age bracket x min 10, I may relent. ..... U16s?? As Greg Champions sang.. "you could get arrested for that"

Haha its now at U18's. U16's was a bit tasteless but mind you so is Nixon!

AFL Fantasy all the way.

It's got an open league too, and the design of the site is far superior.

I usually play the AFL site version (previously DT now AFL Fantasy) but have moved to VS Dream Team this year. Trades every week and not having to lock your team until round 2 in AFL Fantasy takes almost all skill out of it and everyone ending up having close to identical sides by the half way mark.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine