I NEVER bet, but.....

Dees2014

Wasted your money on both. You're exactly the type of sucker these odds are designed for.

C"mon Nasher! "All we are saying, is give Dees a chance!"

• Like 8

Wasted your money on both. You're exactly the type of sucker these odds are designed for.

No way, big improvement next year, you might have showered Nasher but did you [censored] as well, I trust u did it prior to washing although I doubt it

• Like 1

I never bet, but I thought I would check out the Dees odds for next year .

Eight : 11/1

Flag: 250/1

I couldn't resist, so put $100 on each.

I reckon I might get my money back and then some!

You should have had a Top 4 saver bet @ $51.

Betezy offering $502.50 and Luxbet $401 for the Flag.

only 11 to 1 for the eight....hmmm We arent being written off quite so quickly this time !!

• Like 2

Interesting isn't it.

The common man bets - at least a lot do. I don't usually. But the reaction on here to the Demons getting into this sort of discussion, and therefore mainstream is a mixture of outrage and contempt.

Sort of explains a lot about some of our supporter mind sets.

might put a lazy 50 on the eight......who knows :rolleyes::)

Interesting isn't it.

The common man bets - at least a lot do. I don't usually. But the reaction on here to the Demons getting into this sort of discussion, and therefore mainstream is a mixture of outrage and contempt.

Sort of explains a lot about some of our supporter mind sets.

My reaction wasn't (intentionally) one of contempt, I just reckon you've taken too much risk and I think you'll lose. We've added a lot to our midfield, but I also haven't forgotten how bad it was to begin with and I'll be amazed if these three players alone - two of which are largely unproven, are the difference between "worst season since Fitzroy 1996" and top 8.

• Like 2

My reaction wasn't (intentionally) one of contempt, I just reckon you've taken too much risk and I think you'll lose. We've added a lot to our midfield, but I also haven't forgotten how bad it was to begin with and I'll be amazed if these three players alone - two of which are largely unproven, are the difference between "worst season since Fitzroy 1996" and top 8.

Feel the love Nasher! Those 3 alone maybe not but we also have the Roos factor. Roll on round 1!

I hope we get to eat some humble pie, but I think we've also got to be realistic. Roos, two inexperienced mids and Bernie Vince are not going to get us into the 8 next year. A good result is between 8-10 wins. Finals should be the target for 2015 though.

• Like 1

I'm not going to engage with the betting part; five years ago if you tried to discuss football in terms of online betting odds, people would've thought you were a bit odd yourself.

So, how realistic is it that the Demons can make the eight? Which is easier, thinking of eight teams that would come ahead of us, or ten below?

Possible below -

St Kilda, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Western Sydney, West Coast, Adelaide

And that's pushing it, hard to say how West Coast and Adelaide will go. Peronally I think if we finished out of the bottom four it's a good year, ladder wise.

Top teams not sinking anywhere serious in 2014 would be -

Hawthorn, Geelong, Fremantle, Sydney

So for four remaining slots we'd need to do better than at least four of -

North, Carlton, Richmond, Essendon, Port, Gold Coast, Collingwood,

Anyway, I hope in future you can think of better things to do with $200.

• Like 2

Put your money on gcfc to make the eight.

Edited by jabberwocky
  • Like 1

3 new mids, mitch clark back, Jesse Hogan, new admin, new proven coach (probably best in the league), new midfield coach

that is as close to a complete overhaul as you can get. certainly more so than Port Adelaide's last year

Agree

And a fit Gawn, Clark, Dawes, Trengove all doing full pre seasons under coaches who know what they are doing. A motivated Jack Watts. Even that sceptic about all things MFC, Caroline Wilson, says we will get at least a 40% improvement from our current list just by having a coach who knows what he is doing and knows how to motivate people. That is before we get a competitive mid field from the injection of new blood, which will allow us to take advantage of our elite forward and back lines.

There is a lot to look forward to...

I'm not going to engage with the betting part; five years ago if you tried to discuss football in terms of online betting odds, people would've thought you were a bit odd yourself.

So, how realistic is it that the Demons can make the eight? Which is easier, thinking of eight teams that would come ahead of us, or ten below?

Possible below -

St Kilda, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Western Sydney, West Coast, Adelaide

And that's pushing it, hard to say how West Coast and Adelaide will go. Peronally I think if we finished out of the bottom four it's a good year, ladder wise.

Top teams not sinking anywhere serious in 2014 would be -

Hawthorn, Geelong, Fremantle, Sydney

So for four remaining slots we'd need to do better than at least four of -

North, Carlton, Richmond, Essendon, Port, Gold Coast, Collingwood,

Anyway, I hope in future you can think of better things to do with $200.

As well as the ones mentioned above, I think it is quite realistic for us to be better than Essendon, Richmond, Gold Coast and Carlton, and maybe even the Pies. It is possible, and we may see Port have a let down after their stellar year this year. Edited by Dees2014

Is it a case of short-term memory here or unrealistic expectations, or both? We're not as bad as we showed in 2012-2013 and now we've got an A grade coach. Improved coaching will improve player output, but there are other vital factors that must be taken into account. For example, injuries could play a massive part for us, due to a lack of depth in the squad, particularly in the midfield. A lack of experience will also be a factor. Fingers crossed we get Cross. This will help, but won't bridge the gap entirely. Remember, Michie and Tyson haven't played a full season of games between them yet. Viney has only played half a season too.

I've no doubt we'll be better than '13, but we're coming from an incredibly low base. You'd bloody hope so. I think it'd be worth watching a few of our final games of '13 again. We were legitimately the worst side I have ever seen. We deserved the spoon ahead of GWS. Realistically, a top 12-10 finish would be a coup. 2015 would be the year to aim for finals. Still, I love your optimism, but I hope you hang 'round if things go pear-shaped.

Edited by AdamFarr

I think you should stick to your first thought and NEVER bet

• Like 1

Is it a case of short-term memory here or unrealistic expectations, or both? We're not as bad as we showed in 2012-2013 and now we've got an A grade coach. Improved coaching will improve player output, but there are other vital factors that must be taken into account. For example, injuries could play a massive part for us, due to a lack of depth in the squad, particularly in the midfield. A lack of experience will also be a factor. Fingers crossed we get Cross. This will help, but won't bridge the gap entirely. Remember, Michie and Tyson haven't played a full season of games between them yet. Viney has only played half a season too.

I've no doubt we'll be better than '13, but we're coming from an incredibly low base. You'd bloody hope so. I think it'd be worth watching a few of our final games of '13 again. We were legitimately the worst side I have ever seen. We deserved the spoon ahead of GWS. Realistically, a top 12-10 finish would be a coup. 2015 would be the year to aim for finals. Still, I love your optimism, but I hope you hang 'round if things go pear-shaped.

I am a 50 year veteran demon supporter (yes I do remember Neil Compton's goal - I was there as a 12 year old with the old man, my name dees2014 is conceived to remember the 50th anniversary) so yes I will be around for the next one. A fiftieth anniversary present would be nice i.e. a premiership.

I must say I have not been so optimistic about the Dees since the height of the Daniher era when he got us in the Grand, and before that when Schwartz, Neitz and Lyon were at their height in the mid 1990s - still I believe our best team since 1964.

I think what Roos is building is the organization, business model, coaching staff and list to be better than any of them. We are being set up for long term success.

We should rejoice in the ride ....and yes have a modest side bet here and there to demonstrate our support. The guy at the betting agency said he had had a number of calls about the Demons in the last 24 hours.

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 3

Essendon least wins @ $101 (on sportsbet) could be worth a few bucks in case they lose a buttload of players with infraction notices

If we win our first couple of games you could probably arbitrage your bets on betfair

Thanks, good constructive suggestion, albeit a bit "tongue in cheek". I'm always up for a bit of arbitrage!