Rate our Midfield

Gary Ablett is rated 10, the doyen of midfielders, Jones would be about 3/10, the rest of our midfielders would be in the minus rating.

Edited by bluey

Gary Ablett is rated 10, the doyen of midfielders, Jones would be about 3/10, the rest of our midfielders would be in the minus rating, a laughing stock.

Yes Ablett is a 10. However, I'd go a bit higher on Jones (4-5) because, while he does not have GA's ability, he just works so hard with little support. Also Viney would be a positive.

Yes Ablett is a 10. However, I'd go a bit higher on Jones (4-5) because, while he does not have GA's ability, he just works so hard with little support. Also Viney would be a positive.

BBO can your sisters play in the mid field?

N Jones 9

Trengove 6

Grimes 6

Viney 8-> 9

Mckenzie 5

Evans 4

Bail 3

Kent 5-> 6

Toumpas 5-> 6

M Jones 6

Barry 3-> 5

I have considered how some youngsters may come on. I have been tough on Grimes abd Trengove as I demand more.

Suggest their collective ratings might improve if they were given anything resembling service from our rucks. Didn't happen all year.

• Like 1

I'd only give Grimes the midfielder about 4, but 7 as a defender. Trengove too, might be a 5-6 if he were playing in a half forward role.

Jones i'd give 7.5-8, in our current midfield (bar viney) the next best would be McKenzie at 4.5. Just can't seem to give Viney a ranking on this scale yet

when we have a player averaging over 90 in Dreamteam than they can be rated a 7+.

Jones is a clear cut 6 who just works hard

and with GS on board itll get better still :)

Could they get worse, wait don't answer that.

I opened this to raise awareness on our desperate need to add 5-6 midfielders in the draft, trading, free agency period.

Compare us to : Hannebery 9, Jack 9, McVeigh 9, Kennedy 9, Parker 8, Jetta 7, Mitchell 7->8, Bird 7, O'keefe 7

How you can rate Jones on the same level as Hannebery, Jack and Kennedy astounds me. O'Keefe is better than 7 and better than Jones IMO.

F.

I look at what our midfield could be in 2 - 3 seasons. I think we will be competive in the midfield for the most part next season, with gradual improvement over the next 2-3 seasons. Thus improvement will come from:

- Experience and uninterrupted preseasons into younger mids - Trengove, Evans, Toumpas, Viney and McKenzie

- Improved midfield depth through trading/draft - Pick 2, Pick 20, Michie etc

- Loss of Silvia offset by gaining Vince. Arguably Vince should offer a bit more as a bluechip mid compared to Silvia who is more a burst player. Not saying Vince is a better player but that he better suits our needs

- Improved structure and player confidence through improved coaching, reduced media distractions and players getting used to playing together.

- improved forward options with a fit Clark, Dawes and 3rd tall in Hogan and Fitsy This will give our mids options.

- a fit Gawn

- adding Watts on ball will provide a difficult matchup along with flexibility to bring Clark onball in bursts, like Hawthorn do with buddy and roughhead

Our midfield will be great next season

They had no clue what to do, they were being taught by clueless Brian Royal;and they had no confidence.

Im not worried one bit. With Roos and Stone guiding them its going to be exciting.

How you can rate Jones on the same level as Hannebery, Jack and Kennedy astounds me. O'Keefe is better than 7 and better than Jones IMO.

F.

sheesh come off it, he got 2nd most centre clearances in the comp, 6th most clearances in total with zero support around him

• Like 3

sheesh come off it, he got 2nd most centre clearances in the comp, 6th most clearances in total with zero support around him

Not to mention he had do it virtually on his own. With a bit more grunt in the midfield and Jones getting a real chop out from others, we just might see him go to another level.

• Like 1

Jones

Viney

Toumpas

+ others..

+ Michie

+ Tyson

+ Vince

+ Cross *

add in master chef Stone

Voila !!!

N. Jones 8

Trengove 4

Grimes 4

Viney 6

McKenzie 4

Evans 4

Kent 3.5

Toumpas 3.5

M. Jones 5

Poor players & leadership + appalling coaching = hopeless structures/plan/tactics/teamwork, I.E. knowing where the F… to go and what the F… to do all the time.

Hopefully Roos etc. improves that. We're recruiting midfielders, plus Gawn, Spencer and Fitzy could improve again, further helping the midfield, so nothing to worry about, of course ;-

These guys could have done better

554994-girls-afl-comp.jpg

how come tony liberatore is in the picture?

are they his daughters

midfield rating 5/10