Muhammad Ali v Tyson

dee-luded

With Gus D'amato-Tyson would beat Ali,Frazier,Liston,Marciano and Louis.

Without Gus ,Tyson was a Palooka.

Ali , Marciano and Louis vying for GOAT.

The next level is Liston.Frazier,Tyson.

Would have been intersting to see Tyson V Klitchco

Wonder if the uppercuts would reach his chin?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

who would win?

I;d like to think Clay would knock tysons' head off that thick neck of his. Clay (Ali) lost the best part of his boxing yrs when he refused to be drafted for national service. Tyson was just a brute, Ali might have had the rings smarts to take him out. (on points)

Edited by DeeVoted
  • Like 1

I;d like to think Clay would knock tysons' head off that thick neck of his. Clay (Ali) lost the best part of his boxing yrs when he refused to be drafted for national service. Tyson was just a brute, Ali might have had the rings smarts to take him out. (on points)

I think in Clays early days pre vietnam issue, Tyson wouldn't be able to get a shot at him without getting put off balance, & eventually down.

older unfit Ali would bite the canvas.

Edited by dee-luded

• 4 weeks later...

I think Tyson was pretty unbeatable in his early 20s-he was capable of big KOs.

Ali fought for 10 years too long.

Who was the Cuban guy who won 3 Olympics?they reckon he may have been "the Greatest".

If Tyson could corner Ali he would have killed him.

If it lasted 5 rounds ,Ali would find a way to win .

Answer: don't know.

Who was the Cuban guy who won 3 Olympics?they reckon he may have been "the Greatest".

what about Joe Frazier v Tyson?

what about Joe Frazier v Tyson?

2 bad dudes. Maybe Smokin Joe.

What about Aussie Joe Bugner vs Tyson? I would pay anything to see that.

# What about Aussie Joe Bugner vs Tyson? I would pay anything to see that.

Bugner was big hard to hit & could take a hit.

But in all that, I think Bugner would have felt intimidated by Tyson, & this would have brought his downfall.

Tyson by knockout.

# what, now, a veterans fight?

What about Aussie Joe Bugner vs Tyson? I would pay anything to see that.

agree

would love to see bugner punched around the ring

Teofilo Stevenson is the bloke you're thinking of.

Another Cuban, Felix Savon did the same thing in the 90's

Stevenson carked it last year, ending any hopes of a matchup between he and George Foreman. Ol' George has had a crack at just about every other heavyweight of note

Edited by Go the Biff

Ali in his early years was great ... when he returned after 4 years out of it, he was brave and smart. He went on too long but a lot do. I don't blame him for not wanting to quit. These type of athletes often have no concept of quitting.

Tyson would only need to land one punch - he had lightning speed with that knockout blow. Ali remains one of my few idols and I didn't particularly like Tyson at all so it's a tough one.

Ali defeated Foreman when Ali was 32 and Foreman was 25. George was a fearsome puncher and like Tyson, often only needed to land one knockout punch. Up until the "Rumble in the Jungle", Foreman had won all 40 of his fights with 37 being by knockout. In 15 of his previous 17 fights, his opponents were knocked out within 2 rounds. He had a reputation that was somewhat similar to Iron Mike's reputation.

But Muhammad was too clever for George and I'm betting Ali would have worked out a way to extend the fight against Tyson as well - so it's "The Greatest" - just. But I am a fair bit biased! ^_^

Here is a 5 minute highlights package of "The Rumble in the Jungle" A win against the odds and a great sporting moment.

• Like 1

Ali in his early years was great ... when he returned after 4 years out of it, he was brave and smart. He went on too long but a lot do. I don't blame him for not wanting to quit. These type of athletes often have no concept of quitting.

Tyson would only need to land one punch - he had lightning speed with that knockout blow. Ali remains one of my few idols and I didn't particularly like Tyson at all so it's a tough one.

Ali defeated Foreman when Ali was 32 and Foreman was 25. George was a fearsome puncher and like Tyson, often only needed to land one knockout punch. Up until the "Rumble in the Jungle", Foreman had won all 40 of his fights with 37 being by knockout. In 15 of his previous 17 fights, his opponents were knocked out within 2 rounds. He had a reputation that was somewhat similar to Iron Mike's reputation.

But Muhammad was too clever for George and I'm betting Ali would have worked out a way to extend the fight against Tyson as well - so it's "The Greatest" - just. But I am a fair bit biased! ^_^

Here is a 5 minute highlights package of "The Rumble in the Jungle" A win against the odds and a great sporting moment.

I agree with what you've said of foreman, but I think Foreman could take a much better punch than Iron Mike. but IMO Iron Mike had a more devastating swinging punch that came from low He has his whole weight behind it from his toes. he was fearsome in action before he was knocked out.

but young Ali would dance & move punching on the back pedal, step & hit. I reckon Ali's ring craft would not allow Tyson to command the ring space so Iron Mike would be mostly off balance & unable to get his weight behind his blows.

'Smokin Joe' v 'Iron Mike Tyson' would imo be a real slug fest stoush for the ages.

I agree with what you've said of foreman, but I think Foreman could take a much better punch than Iron Mike. but IMO Iron Mike had a more devastating swinging punch that came from low He has his whole weight behind it from his toes. he was fearsome in action before he was knocked out.

but young Ali would dance & move punching on the back pedal, step & hit. I reckon Ali's ring craft would not allow Tyson to command the ring space so Iron Mike would be mostly off balance & unable to get his weight behind his blows.

'Smokin Joe' v 'Iron Mike Tyson' would imo be a real slug fest stoush for the ages.

Yep, absolutely.

I'm definitely biased with my view on Ali - he was such a great showman and entertainer. He had it all. Underneath it all he was as mean as they come. The Thriller in Manila showed up Smokin Joe and Ali's bravery. Incredible fight and like a lot of those classic fights, it's on youtube.

Foreman vs Tyson would be an interesting match-up too. Would have been over very early - either way! Before the "Rumble in the Jungle", Foreman seemed invincible, so the comparisons to Tyson could be made.

Was it 'Buster' Douglas who stopped the run of Tyson? That still remains a shock result to many as well.

Ali in his early years was great ... when he returned after 4 years out of it, he was brave and smart. He went on too long but a lot do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's another couple of mins' of pure teaser fantasy... followed by some early Clay

Edited by dee-luded

I'm definitely biased with my view on Ali - he was such a great showman and entertainer. He had it all. Underneath it all he was as mean as they come. The Thriller in Manila showed up Smokin Joe and Ali's bravery. Incredible fight and like a lot of those classic fights, it's on youtube.

ditto

• 1 year later...

Tyson easily ropeperdope would not work one upper cut from Tyson end of fight, Tyson liked the taller fighter.

He had no option but to like the taller fighters ...in fact, I cant think of one that was shorter than him

Tyson easily ropeperdope would not work one upper cut from Tyson end of fight, Tyson liked the taller fighter.

why would you presume ali would use his rope-a-dope game plan on tyson

he was more astute than that

also if you are to look at tyson at the top of his game you should allow ali the same courtesy

both at their peak ali would be my pick

• Like 1