My 3 word player analysis V The Bulldogs

joeboy

Not sure why we are sending Flash on his way. And from some discussions last week it seems it wasn't necessarily his decision.

I would have offered him another year myself. He has played his best football we know that but he can still hit a target, tackle and intercept an opposition play and deliver to a team mate. He still seems to be the only player on our list with some fast twitch fibres in his muscles! I look at the second quarter today and the young doggies in the middle are moving at twice the speed of our blokes, it is quite astonishing how far off the mark our on ballers are. Individually they may have some abilities but as a unit they stink.

Would have on the list in 2014 over Byrnes everyday of the week.

• Like 1

Davey was our most effective player today, and is in general. 14 touches from him is worth 30 from most players. If only he had more time on the park these last two years!

Did anyone notice that Davey 'dropped off' when Neeld arrived, and 'picked up' when Neeld got the sack? He was another one of the leaders who was disrespected, dropped and subbed. Didn't fit in Neelds stupid ideas about how to win games of football.

Davey is still in the top 10 players on our list. He should have one more year to help Roos' gameplan become effective. Roos will need players who can hit targets.

• Like 1

Im gutted Davey wasnt offered a new short term contract. under a new coach he wouldve been a handy pinch hitting depth player. id rather him on the list next year than byrnes. you can see hes a much loved character around the club and couldve provided a bit around the place. He hasnt had a good 2 or 3 years but I think he started to show a bit toward the end and was obviously enjoying the freedom since Neelds sacking.

• Like 1

Tapscott- Bettter than expected

Joeboy I feel that you are being a bit unfair on both Trengove and Viney who didn't let up all day

• Like 1

Trengove - little to inspire

Grimes - steady and effective

N.Jones - what we expected

Watts - finished other's work

Toumpas - has got talent

Viney - just a game

Frawley - passionate and effective

Sylvia - tried but lacking

McKenzie - heart and soul

Dunn- mostly effective performance

Garland - wasn't often noticed

McDonald - worrying with ball

Sellar - a dumb plodder

Kent - cause for optimism

Davey - fantastic second half

Gawn - rarely bothered statisticians

Howe - only 1 trick

Jetta - played with dash

Spencer - outmuscled and ineffective

M.Jones - was he playing?

Terlich - loose and dumb

dont agree with Watts, he was a champ

Trengove was pretty good also

Matt Jones was also very good

• Like 2

He wasn't lazy at the start of the year. But his second half has been abysmal in terms of chasing. He hurt himself chasing Tambling last week but if he was on the ball he would've chased him down earlier and not waited til he got a lead on him. It was a Sammy Blease chase.

Maybe he's been playing with injury, who knows. He's certainly not suited to playing deep forward.

Anyway review his stats from the first half of the year. He'd be top 5 or so B+F despite inconsistency. But since then he's barely touched it. The one player to go backwards under Craig I'd say.

Agree with this 'master', I don't see him as a deep forward either and he certainly seemed to be labouring in the 2nd half of the season. His first half of the season was good.

Trengove - slowly improving

Grimes - back is best

N.Jones - needs help

Watts - soft as butter

Toumpas - long way off

Viney - tired

Frawley - back to best

Sylvia - not a midfielder

McKenzie - just a battler

Dunn- scared of his shadow

Garland - dependable these days

McDonald - has a crack

Sellar - bye

Kent - really showing signs

Davey - brilliant farewell - brought back memories

Gawn - big preseason ahead

Howe - needs a position

Jetta - preseason form

Spencer - backup ruckman

M.Jones - quiet

Terlich - good first year

• Like 4

Trengove - slowly improving

Grimes - back is best

N.Jones - needs help

Watts - soft as butter

Toumpas - long way off

Viney - tired

Frawley - back to best

Sylvia - not a midfielder

McKenzie - just a battler

Dunn- scared of his shadow

Garland - dependable these days

McDonald - has a crack

Sellar - bye

Kent - really showing signs

Davey - brilliant farewell - brought back memories

Gawn - big preseason ahead

Howe - needs a position

Jetta - preseason form

Spencer - backup ruckman

M.Jones - quiet

Terlich - good first year

Can't argue with much of that.

Haven't gone three words but...

Thought the game was two halves and felt the Bulldogs took the pedal off in the 2nd half.

Jones, Garland, Frawley Grimes were good all through.

2nd quarter was appalling.

In his final game I thought Davey was very quiet in the first half and got into it when the pressure eased.

Dunn is ordinary. If we are going to get better then we just have to move on players of his calibre.

Howe intrigues me. Aside from the highlight reel stuff, I am underwhelmed with him. I can't see what position is his. Does not command a forward position and is not a midfielder. Does not get enough of the bill and when you average just over 1 tackle a game, you have to wonder what he is doing at ground level.

• Like 1