In an ideal world:

- golden boy banned from football

- board sacked en masse

- bombers stripped of all premiership points in 2013

- banned from finals footy this year

- Jobe stripped of 2012 Brownlow

- withheld from first two rounds of 2013 draft

- fined in the region of $1-2m

Further measures could see them banned from 2014 draft, stripped of any points in 2014.

If the players are banned from the competition for 6-24 months, the bombers may be withheld from the competition for 2014/15 and weekly byes re instituted, but that would be extreme to say the least.

• Like 1

In an ideal world:

- golden boy banned from football

- board sacked en masse

- bombers stripped of all premiership points in 2013

- banned from finals footy this year

- Jobe stripped of 2012 Brownlow

- withheld from first two rounds of 2013 draft

- fined in the region of $1-2m

Further measures could see them banned from 2014 draft, stripped of any points in 2014.

If the players are banned from the competition for 6-24 months, the bombers may be withheld from the competition for 2014/15 and weekly byes re instituted, but that would be extreme to say the least.

That's a good start...
  • Like 1

Happens when three new threads on what's essentially the same subject are opened up within a few hours of each other.

Its all good WJ

I do understand there can be a need to do that.

Is there any danger that you'll let go of the wise Buddha routine. It's like your posting from a yoga mat in Treasury Gardens.

This topic interests me so much that in the Jobe Watson thread that is 25 pages long you won't find a single post from yours truly.

But I hoped to add some balance.

May the Essendon FC and its members RIP

Thats laughable coming from a Melbourne supporter, im more concerned about my club that havnt won for 7 years.

• Like 1

my worst nightmare has arrived, have to go and face the boys at the newsagency tomorrow and explain our inept performance

THEN TALK ABOUT NEEDLES , GOLDEN BOY. BOMBER.AND RATS DESERTING SHIP.

OH HOW WILL I SURVIVE SPENDING THE MORNING SPEAKING ABOUT THE POOR BUGGERS

my life will be full of gloating and predicting the future doom at the poor old bummers.

cant wait , loading ammo as I write

Thats laughable coming from a Melbourne supporter, im more concerned about my club that havnt won for 7 years.

Id rather be in our position than Essendons. Anyone would.

We will turn things around.. they are about to be sent to 10 years in the wilderness and forever be branded dug cheats,

Id rather be in our position than Essendons. Anyone would.

We will turn things around.. they are about to be sent to 10 years in the wilderness and forever be branded dug cheats,

When will we turn things around ? its been 7 years, you got NFI they have loyal dedicated fans, FMD they have double our member base, there worth something to the AFL and were treading water thinking that PJ will fix it up, if we have have 3 more seasons like this one you can kiss this club goodbye, people wont keep forking out membership dollars to see to 2 wins a season.

• Like 1

When will we turn things around ? its been 7 years, you got NFI they have loyal dedicated fans, FMD they have double our member base, there worth something to the AFL and were treading water thinking that PJ will fix it up, if we have have 3 more seasons like this one you can kiss this club goodbye, people wont keep forking out membership dollars to see to 2 wins a season.

Totally agree. As much as I hate those druggies they have a huge fan base who will stick with them through these woeful times. The bombers have these fans through winning games and even in the worst of times the players have showed some ticker this year. What have we shown in the last 5 years?

May the Essendon FC and its members RIP

RIP - is that rot in perpetuity ?? Relish in peptides ??

• Like 1

You say 3 more seasons.

I say one. If we are still this crap next year this club is finished.

It's got that bad. I am aware of the broadcast deal in place but the TV stations will crack it if we are worse than useless.

Why does Vlad need to go to the U.S. to learn about equalization. It was he who weighted the draw. Wayne Jackson took away CERTAIN home grounds & not others..

Your triumphalism is grossly misplaced. But hardly surprising.

Supporters of a crap club love the misfortunes that befalls others.

you are without doubt the most pompous self exalted here.

Kindly keep your wannabe saintness to self.

youre right in that i have no empathy for a bunch of cheating bustards nor any sympathy for the demise of one of their leaders. They..THEY have brought this upon themselves and as a club and supporters have enjoyed knifiing us at every turn.

It does make you wonder what else theyve been up to.

Well misery loves company. Any and all are welcome to go cry with them. I shallnt be joining in.

Go Dees

• Like 1

As soon as the Off site injection rooms became public Evans should have stepped down.

I wish him a full recovery physically, but I have no sympathy otherwise.

Essendrug systematically cheated a WADA CODE and if found guilty on Monday week deserve at least 10 years of agony, financial legal battles and hopefully complete bankruptcy.

Sympathy for Essendon???? Fcuk that BH, you are joking i hope.

Did you line up for 9 hours overnight for a 2000 GF seat?

Those Bastards can burn for the rest of my life and that's just for starters.

I am starting to think James Hird is a sociopath in the mould of Lance Armstrong.

He lied through his teeth before taking the coaching job, this was very easy to him, failed to take responsibility for that lie,

continues to fail to take responsibility for his role in the the drugs and continues to preach that Essendon have done nothing wrong when evidence says otherwise.

Hird is delusional, unaccountable, untruthworthy and unremorseful.

On top of this, there are blokes like Dank and Robinson who say that the whole program was Hird's idea!

Then throw in his past work with Charter in 2003 where he apparently paid him a large fee just for advice...

Like Armstrong, we might find out that Sir James is no saint afterall

• Like 5

I'm just gonna say it.

There is an air of [censored] about these impacts on his physical health. He looked and seemed to be carrying himself just fine, and all of a sudden it has become too much for him to handle, health wise? Pretty convenient excuse. The bottom line is that he is fleeing the sinking ship and dressing it up as the best thing for the club and himself.

I'm also more than slightly bemused at the Essendon players on twitter, turning Evans into some heroic figure who is the "real victim" in all of this. The man is no martyr, nor is he the real victim. He's resigned in disgrace and has overseen a period where lengthy bans could result for for these players rallying around him. The club has let them down, badly, and Evans was in charge.

• Like 3

As soon as the Off site injection rooms became public Evans should have stepped down.

I wish him a full recovery physically, but I have no sympathy otherwise.

Essendrug systematically cheated a WADA CODE and if found guilty on Monday week deserve at least 10 years of agony, financial legal battles and hopefully complete bankruptcy.

Sympathy for Essendon???? Fcuk that BH, you are joking i hope.

Did you line up for 9 hours overnight for a 2000 GF seat?

Those Bastards can burn for the rest of my life and that's just for starters.

Actually, you're starting to sound like Caroline Wilson, WYL. What if Essendon isn't found guilty on Monday week?

Will you still say they "systematically cheated a WADA CODE"?

I'm just gonna say it.

There is an air of [censored] about these impacts on his physical health. He looked and seemed to be carrying himself just fine, and all of a sudden it has become too much for him to handle, health wise? Pretty convenient excuse. The bottom line is that he is fleeing the sinking ship and dressing it up as the best thing for the club and himself.

I'm also more than slightly bemused at the Essendon players on twitter, turning Evans into some heroic figure who is the "real victim" in all of this. The man is no martyr, nor is he the real victim. He's resigned in disgrace and has overseen a period where lengthy bans could result for for these players rallying around him. The club has let them down, badly, and Evans was in charge.

I think Evans is the victim in all of this.

Evans was just trying to do what is best for his players, then he came up against Hird - who is trying to do what is best for himself.

Meanwhile Vlad flies overseas for an "equalization" Junket to the U.S.tomorrow!!

What a farce.

Equalization...Play each team twice. The End.

play each team twice? 36 rounds of afl? plus 4 for finals and a bye in the middle (players would need if for such a long season), and NAB cup

that is about 45 weeks of footy