Post Match Discussion

Demonland

Attitudes like yours allow the club to be crap every year.

The answer on Trengove is simple. He is slow and can only kick a short distance. Hardly captain or a number 2 draft pick.

But then we are Melbourne aern't we.

FMD is that the best you can come up with He is slow and can only kick a short distance. Hardly captain or a number 2 draft pick= confirmation of lack of football knowledge.

Do yourself and the rest of us a favour either give yourself or request the administrators give you a holiday, your just embarrassing yourself with every post. But then again in your eyes myself and other Deelanders are wrong and are just happy to except mediocrity.

• Like 1

The answer on Trengove is simple. He is slow and can only kick a short distance. Hardly captain or a number 2 draft pick.

wyl, I'll accept your opinion on captain (I disagree and have made my reasons clear, but is a mot point for this convo) but what does pick 2 have to do with anything?

Would you be singing good praises of he was a pick 10? Pick 20? Pick 50? rookie?

The kid got 20 something touches and 12 tackles this week. Pick 2 has nothing to do with it. He is clearly in our best 22, probably in our best 10. Yeah if we drafted 10 better players he night struggle for a game but we haven't.

I don't understand what denigrating gin bad on draft pick achieves. Judge him as a footballer not as a draft pick.

You can judge the draft pick, which you may consider a failure because he wasn't a Judd etc. but that is a different conversation and a downy issue than judging the player.

I didn’t gain too many positives out of the game. Viney was excellent and was the major highlight out of the night. Fitzy, Howe and Watts also showed bits and pieces and Frawley was back to playing very good footy again.

Trengove has battled for two years and definitely needs a good preseason so he can get some zip back. I wonder whether he has suffered from Misson’s program which reportedly has been focussed on longer distances. I think he should only do 10-50m sprint training over the next preseason as he naturally has a pretty good endurance base. While 12 tackles was a good stat, it also shows that he is second to the ball a lot.

Blease doesn’t work hard enough and is not clean enough. I think he should be developed as a defender as he played his best footy when Viney was coach.

Toumpas had an ordinary night. While he will be an AFL player, I doubt he will be a star because he lacks the pace required to be a top outside mid. I hope to be proven wrong.

I would like to see us experiment more for the rest of the year and I think Strauss and Pederson (as a defender) need to be given more games to make assessment on.

I didn’t gain too many positives out of the game. Viney was excellent and was the major highlight out of the night. Fitzy, Howe and Watts also showed bits and pieces and Frawley was back to playing very good footy again.

Trengove has battled for two years and definitely needs a good preseason so he can get some zip back. I wonder whether he has suffered from Misson’s program which reportedly has been focussed on longer distances. I think he should only do 10-50m sprint training over the next preseason as he naturally has a pretty good endurance base. While 12 tackles was a good stat, it also shows that he is second to the ball a lot.

Blease doesn’t work hard enough and is not clean enough. I think he should be developed as a defender as he played his best footy when Viney was coach.

Toumpas had an ordinary night. While he will be an AFL player, I doubt he will be a star because he lacks the pace required to be a top outside mid. I hope to be proven wrong.

I would like to see us experiment more for the rest of the year and I think Strauss and Pederson (as a defender) need to be given more games to make assessment on.

FT you had me until this last sentence, Strauss is not AFL standard and you have seen Pedersens best in his high light reel ( one game )

Forget them experiment with Davis ( even though I don't think he is up to it ) or Taggert

• Like 1

FT you had me until this last sentence, Strauss is not AFL standard and you have seen Pedersens best in his high light reel ( one game )

Forget them experiment with Davis ( even though I don't think he is up to it ) or Taggert

I doubt either will prove you wrong, but I think we need to give them both one more chance. I would consider giving Strauss a go as a tagger.

Davis is poorly skilled in the VFL and would be out of his depth in the AFL. Two of Davis and McDonald in the backline leaves us too unskilled.

And Taggert needs to do more in the VFL to justify a promotion. He was playing in the VFL Seconds last week.

It's fully understandable that you deal with these things in such simplicity. Any in-depth analysis of a players performance is outside of your knowledge and comprehension of the game. You've proved this time and time again.

Oh and btw, if running fast and kicking long distances were prerequisite criteria for a club captain then Tony Shaw wouldn't have the opportunity to lead the Filth to the '90 premiership and win the Norm Smith Medal.

Edited by McQueen

I doubt either will prove you wrong, but I think we need to give them both one more chance. I would consider giving Strauss a go as a tagger.

Davis is poorly skilled in the VFL and would be out of his depth in the AFL. Two of Davis and McDonald in the backline leaves us too unskilled.

And Taggert needs to do more in the VFL to justify a promotion. He was playing in the VFL Seconds last week.

My point Ft was that there may be potential with either Davis or Taggert I think we know the potential of Strauss and Petersen.

You are however correct Taggert has done nothing this year to show he should get a game.

wyl, I'll accept your opinion on captain (I disagree and have made my reasons clear, but is a mot point for this convo) but what does pick 2 have to do with anything?

Would you be singing good praises of he was a pick 10? Pick 20? Pick 50? rookie?

The kid got 20 something touches and 12 tackles this week. Pick 2 has nothing to do with it. He is clearly in our best 22, probably in our best 10. Yeah if we drafted 10 better players he night struggle for a game but we haven't.

I don't understand what denigrating gin bad on draft pick achieves. Judge him as a footballer not as a draft pick.

You can judge the draft pick, which you may consider a failure because he wasn't a Judd etc. but that is a different conversation and a downy issue than judging the player.

I am judging him as a footballer. That is the point.

He is a very average one so it seems. The Club judged him Number 2, made him a marked player way before draft day...celebrated losses because Trengove was coming.

Well he is here now and yes he laid some tackles on Saturday night but he is still slow and can only kick 30-35 metres.

Would i be as harsh if he was picked at 20-30 in the draft? No, because he wouldn't be at the club.

The MFC targetted $cully & Trengove WAY BEFORE draft night & neither of them are going to be better than ok barring a miracle.

Do i blame Jack...No i do not, he is who he is.

But i have no problem giving the club a hard time about the high draft selection and making the kid captain.

And still they wish me to donate $$$

People forget that WYL doesnt go to the football and gathers information from watching the TV set.

I am judging him as a footballer. That is the point.

He is a very average one so it seems. The Club judged him Number 2, made him a marked player way before draft day...celebrated losses because Trengove was coming.

Well he is here now and yes he laid some tackles on Saturday night but he is still slow and can only kick 30-35 metres.

Would i be as harsh if he was picked at 20-30 in the draft? No, because he wouldn't be at the club.

The MFC targetted $cully & Trengove WAY BEFORE draft night & neither of them are going to be better than ok barring a miracle.

Do i blame Jack...No i do not, he is who he is.

But i have no problem giving the club a hard time about the high draft selection and making the kid captain.

And still they wish me to donate $$$

I tend to agree with you wyl.

But he is at our club, there is hardly anyone left at the club from that era so lets get on with what we have.

Lets keep the $ flowing or we willnot have a club to worry about.

Unfortunately he is one of the better ones in a bad lot.

People forget that WYL doesnt go to the football and gathers information from watching the TV set.

Sure it's not the radio?

• Like 1

I do not think you need to be at a game to see he has been way less than a number 2 pick over most of the last two years.

Now admittedly he has been a bit better the last couple of weeks.

It's fully understandable that you deal with these things in such simplicity. Any in-depth analysis of a players performance is outside of your knowledge and comprehension of the game. You've proved this time and time again.

Oh and btw, if running fast and kicking long distances were prerequisite criteria for a club captain then Tony Shaw wouldn't have the opportunity to lead the Filth to the '90 premiership and win the Norm Smith Medal.

No worries Steve. Next time he kicks into the man on the mark i shall remember your wisdom whilst other clubs play us in second gear & win easily.

I only call what i have seen. I don't make excuses for it like others.

I don't believe Trengove is carrying an injury which many secretly wish to cover for his poor form.

How many games has $cully missed for GW$ with his dodgy knee. None that i know of.

Once again the club is treated like a fool.

I am angry that all these people can be employed at this club and then walk away in silence after leaving a true trainwreck.

And that includes BP as well as Schwab

I only call what i have seen. I don't make excuses for it like others.

That's debatable.

The Geelong loss was a disaster.

OK. There has been four other non-disasters. How short is your memory... go look at some results we were getting repeatedly flogged by 100. Then get a clue. Only a complete idiot would argue we have been worse under Craig than Neeld. A total and complete effing idiot.

OK. There has been four other non-disasters. How short is your memory... go look at some results we were getting repeatedly flogged by 100. Then get a clue. Only a complete [censored] would argue we have been worse under Craig than Neeld. A total and complete effing [censored].

Unfortunately, you don't get it.

That's okay. I understand that you don't understand.

Hang in there.

Unfortunately, you don't get it.

That's okay. I understand that you don't understand.

Hang in there.

As someone who knows how to patronise people - you have to earn it.

In no way has what we have seen since Neeld left been anything other than a moderate to massive improvement. From the scoreboard, to the I50 counts, to the increased numbers of uncontested possessions.

It may simply be the short term effects of a caretaker coach but I will give credit to something I didn't think would happen: Craig has improved our onfield fortunes.

• Like 2

My first opinion on all this was wondering how people who have Foxtel manage not to go all Elvis Presley on their flat screens when they have to listen to Dermott. I had the displeasure of listening to him as I was at a social event with fellow Melbourne supporters who happened to have Fox Footy. Seriously, what a [censored]. Mention it once, then maybe twice Derm and move on. We get it Toump hasn't got a touch. Do you need to be the self anointed marker of all young Melbourne players? Plus, realize you are a lad from the Mornington Penninsula and act like it. You try to sound like Brent Croswell but end up sounding like Dougie Hawkins with better pronunciation (in that what you both say is rot).

As for the result...

I thought about the fact that JB, Blacky and Beamer were out. I thought about where we started the year. I thought about the fiasco of the last 5 years and then I stopped...

Yet again, this is another loss. We can't be happy with this. When we look through the history books about what happened on Saturday night, it won't read 'Brisbane def. Melbourne (scoreline) but....' It will record yet another failure. The boys gave their best. Craigy has said it. Dawes said it weeks ago. Now I will say it again. Giving your best is good. Yet, it is a pass mark. In school terms, it will get you an E to a D+. What will get you a A's is a solid grasp of the subject area, a consistent commitment to self improvement and actual talent. We need to keep that in mind.

Colin It's like when the Mrs talks to u during the game, u ignore it!

Any side that goes to Geelong in those conditions is going to be flogged no matter how good they are. In our fragile state we more or less played to par. With all that water a near impossible task. If we fielded a side better suited for the heavy wet we would have done better. A tactical error but not even the weather bureau predicted so much rain.

Edited by america de cali

Why??

Elaborate....

your not a joke WYL.... Your a very passionate MFC supporter..... I'd prefer you didnt jab our players.... It doesn't work for your character.... Save the jabs and punches for other members.....:)

the thing that bugs me is on paper trenners is doing okay, over the course of the year he has upped his average touches by 7 he is leading our tackle count and making a solid contribution, he makes mistakes but find a player who doesnt at times.

he deserves a full pre season with no injuries at the end of this year before we can even hope to know where he is at.