The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

could give you a months reading material on this subject

just revisit all drafts by mfc and how we got each pick

I could just read myself...

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34205-don-mclardy-resigns/page-6?hl=+bad%20+list%20+management

I am all for looking at the real reasons we have a bad list, but let's not blow it out of proportion. It wasn't one or two stupid Freo like decisions. It was a decade of amateur behaviour.

Betts is a free agent, so it would only cost us $

Is he really? We should absolutely be having a really good go at Betts, is arguably the best small forward in the league and fills all our needs in a little bloke to crumb to all the talls.

wonder what it would cost us to get betts or gartlett? would be perfect in our forward line....

Betts is a free agent, so it would only cost us $

Is he really? We should absolutely be having a really good go at Betts, is arguably the best small forward in the league and fills all our needs in a little bloke to crumb to all the talls.

What a complete waste of time. A one dimensional player who adds no value to our list. Read my other post on small forwards, I'm sure many will disagree but I don't see a place for someone called or playing strictly as a small forward. High half forward rotation through mid, look at Geelong and Hawthorn if you want to see how it works.

• Like 1

and I wouldnt mind Yaeger O'Meara and Jeremy Cameron but it's not going to happen

He's a free agent, not sure why it's so unrealistic? Certainly couldn't hurt to ask.

Yarran was touted as a match winning forward who could run through the midfield when he was drafted. Instead of using pick 6 in his draft to trade O'keefe they used it on Yarran.

There's no doubt he is the most talented out of himself , Betts & Garlett. If Carlton is willing to do a trade, I think the club should look at it & if the deal suits both parties the new FD should back itself in to develope Yarran into the A-grader many thought he'd become. If Yarran was at Geelong for example he'd probably be just as good if not better than Stokes because of how they develope players.

• Like 1

We definitely should ask, but I wouldnt be holding my breath

We could offer Stokes double the money he can get at Geelong and 3 years instead of 2 - it's going to be his last contract.

• Like 1

Yeah, then he can play with his other mates Brynes and Gillies...

IMO We should focus in on players like Daisy Thomas (providing his body recovers) and Pearse type players - they still have 6 years plus in the tank...

We could offer Stokes double the money he can get at Geelong and 3 years instead of 2 - it's going to be his last contract.

Yeah, then he can play with his other mates Brynes and Gillies...

IMO We should focus in on players like Daisy Thomas (providing his body recovers) and Pearse Hanley type players - they still have 6 years plus in the tank...

Edited by Jman

No chance, but get in Sewell's ear. Three year deal, at least $500,000 per year. Should have got him last time.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 1

No chance, but get in Sewell's ear. Three year deal, at least $500,000 per year. Should have got him last time.

Yep, noticed that too..

Is he on the outer?

He would be an amazing addition.

Also, heard from a mate who's a mad Swannies man that GWS may throw up #1 for Kennedy??

Yep, noticed that too..

Is he on the outer?

He would be an amazing addition.

Also, heard from a mate who's a mad Swannies man that GWS may throw up #1 for Kennedy??

We'll have to wait and see. For what it's worth, the muppets on 360 all agreed he was no longer in their best 22. I'd have Sewell on a front loaded three year contract. Even if he breaks down in his second or third year, his leadership would been wonderful for our mids.

Interesting on Kennedy. He'd certainly be worth it. I'd be floating our first pick this year for him. For mine, this draft looks reasonably weak and Kennedy is a gun. I used to play footy against him and cricket with him. Really top bloke and would add similar sort of leadership and experience that Sewell would, but with plenty of years left. It'd give him a chance to return to Melbourne too. Five year contract to play his days out in Melbourne with his family watching.

Ah, we can all dream.

Edited by AdamFarr

What about this fellow, to fill the leadership void and add experience to our midfield whilst the kids continue to be developed:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-is-keen-to-keep-star-midfielder-nick-dal-santo/story-fni5f9q3-1226680433649

Not sure he'd want to play his last 2-3 years out at a bottom 4 club but surely worth tabling an offer.

Not sure he'd want to play his last 2-3 years out at a bottom 4 club but surely worth tabling an offer.

He will be if he sticks with the sainters !!! :)

• Like 1

What about this fellow, to fill the leadership void and add experience to our midfield whilst the kids continue to be developed:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/st-kilda-is-keen-to-keep-star-midfielder-nick-dal-santo/story-fni5f9q3-1226680433649

Del Santo is a class mid but I am unsure if he is the type you could build a midfield around. His influence often appers to be his skilfulness rather than his impact on games of team mates being inspired by him. I am unconvinced that he would/could influence Viney, Toumpas, Barry too much. Now Brad Sewell on the other hand...

• Like 3

I'd go for them both, MB38. I'd also go for Adams from GWS or put one of our top picks up for a Josh Kennedy (Sydney) or another marquee player in the right age bracket. We've got the making of a dangerous forwardline. A crumber can be stitched up in the 2014 draft or even with a D Gartlett in the second or third round. Our defence is close to elite IMO. It's time to be really aggressive at the trade table and get our midfield sorted. I'd also look at Sheed in the draft. If he drops to late first round, done.

or put one of our top picks up for a Josh Kennedy (Sydney)

Yeah, I visited a Carlton fan forum and they were suggesting that the Blues should target Nathan Jones.