Jesse Hogan Highlights.

Stuff this keep a lid on it bullsh*t I for one am over the moon we have finally recruited a player who can step up to his tag. He is a powerhouse and I saw him play against North Ballarat and he tore them a new one. Just keeps getting better. Another pre season more weights and used to being around the Melbourne boys will be so handy next year to make his transition smoother. We are onto a winner here and I swear people only say keep a lid on it because they have been hurt before with picks... Well safe to say 5 months of solid form is enough for me to say we got this pick right.

• Like 7

Stuff this keep a lid on it bullsh*t I for one am over the moon we have finally recruited a player who can step up to his tag. He is a powerhouse and I saw him play against North Ballarat and he tore them a new one. Just keeps getting better. Another pre season more weights and used to being around the Melbourne boys will be so handy next year to make his transition smoother. We are onto a winner here and I swear people only say keep a lid on it because they have been hurt before with picks... Well safe to say 5 months of solid form is enough for me to say we got this pick right.

[screaming at the heavens] Oh, Jebus!! He does not speak for us, Jebus!

We throw ourselves at your mercy and hope to see him play a few games in 2014 injury free and extend his contract in due course!

DT does not know of what he speaks!

We pray that you will not take The Chosen one to Blacktown, or give him seemingly debilitating physicality issues, or continual problems with OP, or a rare impact injury to the Lisfranc in his foot.

In the name of the Barassi, the Norm, and the Holy Jimmy.

Amen.

• Like 6

I choose to believe in a forgiving god who will keep our young one free of injury and all the nay sayers and dooms day supporters who seemingly cannot just latch onto one positive thing from a rotten four years in the deppest pits of footballing hell.

I don't give a stuff about lids or hexes Hogan is the talent we've been missing for 40 years. His work ethic matches his ability, which is nothing to sneeze at. Not to mention that he has bucket loads of you know what.

Also, it's worth noting that in 9* VFL games he's been named BOG 4 times and kicked 4 goals, or more, 5 times. He has the strongest presence on the field and is usually the youngest player. Be pleased you're about to live through his era.

*He's played 10, but in round 4 he left the ground with an injured knee early in the first quarter and didn't return.

• Like 3

I don't give a stuff about lids or hexes Hogan is the talent we've been missing for 40 years. His work ethic matches his ability, which is nothing to sneeze at. Not to mention that he has bucket loads of you know what.

does the you know what word start with C?

• Like 1

Also, it's worth noting that in 9* VFL games he's been named BOG 4 times and kicked 4 goals, or more, 5 times. He has the strongest presence on the field and is usually the youngest player. Be pleased you're about to live through his era.

*He's played 10, but in round 4 he left the ground with an injured knee early in the first quarter and didn't return.

rpfc is right though. For him to actually become a star for the MFC he needs to survive injury, opposition poaching and our most common nemesis - young talent that never reaches it's potential. I can't help but think of LJ, the most brilliant naturally gifted I have ever seen, his stardom was stolen from us by completely unforeseen circumstances. There's a huge amount of water to go under the bridge, all we can really do is guard against poaching by becoming a club that a star wants to develop with, ie winning matches, good coaching and leadership, having decent crowds and not being the butt of everybody's joke... the other problem is paper bags. The big clubs have them waiting for Hogan and we don't.

rpfc is right though. For him to actually become a star for the MFC he needs to survive injury, opposition poaching and our most common nemesis - young talent that never reaches it's potential. I can't help but think of LJ, the most brilliant naturally gifted I have ever seen, his stardom was stolen from us by completely unforeseen circumstances. There's a huge amount of water to go under the bridge, all we can really do is guard against poaching by becoming a club that a star wants to develop with, ie winning matches, good coaching and leadership, having decent crowds and not being the butt of everybody's joke... the other problem is paper bags. The big clubs have them waiting for Hogan and we don't.

I don't live my life wondering whether I'll make it across the road.

I trust what I know and see and others can live fearful lives.

I don't live my life wondering whether I'll make it across the road.

I trust what I know and see and others can live fearful lives.

well what you have seen and known is a history of a buttload of talents at the MFC not becoming superstars for one reason or another, so trust that

In the last 14 seasons there has been ONE 100+ haul, which was Buddy, with 102, in 2008

The game has changed

I think we need to accept we will probably never see 100 goals at the MFC

The game has changed, but there has been more than 1 100+ haul in that time. Lloyd in 2000-01, Gehrig on 2004. Plus Fevola got 99 in the same year Buddy kicked his ton.

Gehrig and Lloyd both kicked 100 goals in a season, and Lloyd did it twice

that table doesn't include finals

Correct:

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/alltime/leadinggk.html

The season doesn't end for everyone on September 1.

Back to the topic at hand, Hogan is a going to be a beauty/

I like that he is playing all year in the vfl the I really think that is the best thing for his development. Playing under 18s he would have dominated for all the wrong reasons - pure size means he wouldn't have had to compete. If he was on an afl list he may have played a couple of vfl games then fine into the afl side. He wouldn't have gained the confidence he has dominating vfl and if it was the mfc list he may have struggled to get a kick up forward.

Although he may have just played afl and been that good from the outset!

I haven't seen players like Clark and Dawes pay at vfl level. Would people suggest Hogan has the potential to be better than them?

• Like 1

I haven't seen players like Clark and Dawes pay at vfl level. Would people suggest Hogan has the potential to be better than them?

Come on mate. Dawes is a solid B grader, who'll have the odd A grade day, but he's not fit to carry Hogan's bag into the ground.

It's apparent that some supporters are clueless as to the talent they've got before them.

Come on mate. Dawes is a solid B grader, who'll have the odd A grade day, but he's not fit to carry Hogan's bag into the ground.

It's apparent that some supporters are clueless as to the talent they've got before them.

other than highlights packages I haven't had the opportunity to see him play, so don't like to get carried away.

I suppose my question is more based around size. I'd expect both Clark and Dawes to dominate at VFL level. They are both big units - bigger than typical defenders at vfl level - and they are good enough to regularly kick 4 goals. Is what we are seeing from Hogan better than what we'd expect from those sort of players at vfl level?

By extension, do you expect Hogan to be our number 1 forward next year or the year after?

Edited by deanox

Please people, keep a lid on it, don't want heaps of pressure on this kid, same shyte happened to J.Watts who has taken longer to come on because of scrutiny.

Clark and Dawes are both 25 and have played 100 AFL games

I'm trying to get some context on what people are saying about Hogan. Do we have an opinion that he is better than our existing forwards? He already has the physical development so we don't need to wait for him to put on strength. He is performing well at vfl level, hoe convinced are we that that will translate to afl level?

I haven't watched Casey play this year so I'm looking for context to Grange the "omg Hogan is amazing" comments with. I can see he is doing very well based on the stats but was wondering about people's opinions regarding how that will translate to AFL.

I'm trying to get some context on what people are saying about Hogan. Do we have an opinion that he is better than our existing forwards? He already has the physical development so we don't need to wait for him to put on strength. He is performing well at vfl level, hoe convinced are we that that will translate to afl level?

I haven't watched Casey play this year so I'm looking for context to Grange the "omg Hogan is amazing" comments with. I can see he is doing very well based on the stats but was wondering about people's opinions regarding how that will translate to AFL.

He is more than physically ready for AFL.

He doesnt have a weakness, he is the perfect power forward.

Hybrid of Carey/J Brown/Lockett

He will play from round 1, 2014, and he will take the league by storm.

I am not saying this for any other reason than its the truth. Its not bias, just about every non-Demon supporters say the same thing.

I would not be surprised if he kicked 60 goals for the MFC in his first season in 2014.

I thought I was happy seeing the highlights. But I couldn't have been more happy than Couch when Hogan Clunked that mark from Strauss.

The smile was as big as Luna Park.

• Like 1

He is more than physically ready for AFL.

He doesnt have a weakness, he is the perfect power forward.

Hybrid of Carey/J Brown/Lockett

He will play from round 1, 2014, and he will take the league by storm.

I am not saying this for any other reason than its the truth. Its not bias, just about every non-Demon supporters say the same thing.

I would not be surprised if he kicked 60 goals for the MFC in his first season in 2014.

that answers my question re afl ready and will he be our number 1 forward next year. This year the are 6 or 7 pays on track for 60 goals. Last year I think 5 players got there and the year before 3. I reckon 60 might be optimistic, it would make him the AA full forward in his debut year and with our delivery he may not have the chance.

If he kicks 35 he'll prob be our leading goal kicker!

Please people, keep a lid on it, don't want heaps of pressure on this kid, same shyte happened to J.Watts who has taken longer to come on because of scrutiny.

art-353-svJHOGAN-300x0.jpg vs Jack-Watts200-200x0.jpg

See the difference?

Jack Watts is great and all, but he was by no means ready-made.

Edited by Chook
  • Like 4

art-353-svJHOGAN-300x0.jpg vs Jack-Watts200-200x0.jpg

See the difference?

Jack Watts is great and all, but he was by no means ready-made.

LOL thats what i was thinking too

Absolutely no comparison , physically or mentally

Er, I was taking the [censored] (you can't say p.ss?) before...

I am excited by many of our kids, especially Hogan, but I really don't want to talk about them the way some do.

They are not our saviours. We need to give them a positive environment, on and off the field, where they can play their best football. The rewards will come from that.

I prefer to hear MFC officials talk about the environment they are looking to bring to the club rather than read an article by Burgan on which players we will bring in to the side in 2014.

I don't mean to pick on Burgan - I think he is doing an admirable job - I just hate that reflex; names won't make us a better team, they won't develop themselves, they won't get the most out of themselves. The environment and the culture we create from here on in will.

Edited by rpfc