Your attendance at games is needed ...

Really sorry guys, but I don't feel at all inclined to agree or applaud the OP's post.

This is just another attempt to blame supporters for the club's struggling financial issues.

You don't need to come on Demonland and tell the fans to go. Most people on here will probably be prepared to go no matter how bad the team is.

It's not the committed fans hurting the club. It's the club doing wrong by itself by offering NOTHING for casual and spontaneous fans that decide on game day whether or not to go to the football.

Kind of sick of this, "We need fans at the game to help out finances" [censored].

Let's address WHY the club needs fans at its games SOOO BADDD: because it's a bad club. Fix that and please stop with these pathetic threads that victimise the club.

• Like 3

No they don't. I don't. Plenty on here don't.

You're not a 'most hardened supporter' if you have a breaking point.

Depends on your definition of breaking point. Mine relates to choosing to do other things rather than watch my football team being flogged. Each to their own! As to a hardened supporter...bollocks! I have been around 30 odd years and attended hundreds of games and paid my membership without fail.

• Like 1

Ill be there Monday. Even going to take my crow supporting Missus. Ill even buy her a membership. I think she has a crush on Nate jones though, maybe more than my man-crush on him. I love watching this club and going to games is the least I can do. When it turns around, ill have the last laugh on my smug filth/scum/essendrug/9th supporting mates and I will be as proud as punch.

Ben- the club is bigger than any individual. Did Geelong fans quit supporting when Gary Albert left? Or WCE fans when judd left? I didn't like bailey as coach, but I still signed up every year and went. Because I found positives. Shame you aren't going, you just hurt the club in the long run.each to their own. See you there Monday everyone else!

Really sorry guys, but I don't feel at all inclined to agree or applaud the OP's post.

This is just another attempt to blame supporters for the club's struggling financial issues.

You don't need to come on Demonland and tell the fans to go. Most people on here will probably be prepared to go no matter how bad the team is.

It's not the committed fans hurting the club. It's the club doing wrong by itself by offering NOTHING for casual and spontaneous fans that decide on game day whether or not to go to the football.

Kind of sick of this, "We need fans at the game to help out finances" [censored].

Let's address WHY the club needs fans at its games SOOO BADDD: because it's a bad club. Fix that and please stop with these pathetic threads that victimise the club.

Hard words Cudi, but i fully understand what you mean....It is the CLUB that has got us into this position, not the supporters..

People who were paid by OUR money to make ordinary decisions...Send that one into the club...

It might hit a nerve...ya never know.

I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit, but not on this occasion. Boycott other fixtures if you must, but not this weekend. I am seething at what is happening on and off field as much as the next person. But it is vital that we do what we can to keep QB attendance levels as high as possible.

Neeld will be gone soon anyway, don't make this about him. I'll be there travelling from interstate. If you still care about the MFC you'll be there too.

I care, but presently I don't care like I used to. Any relationship has peaks and troughs.

And no, I won't be there. I've seen all of the insipid performances I intend to this year.

• Like 1

Another thing you might want to consider is to practice jumping on bandwagons.

It might come in handy one day day.

You mean Kennett ?

My reading of it is that most supporters are anti-Kennett. Am I wrong ? One poster likes to say that I'm contrary for the sake of it, yet you say the opposite.

I walk to the beat of my own drum, Jack. But, by all means elaborate why you think otherwise. Not that I care.

I care, but presently I don't care like I used to. Any relationship has peaks and troughs.

And no, I won't be there. I've seen all of the insipid performances I intend to this year.

I've been to every match Melbourne has played in Melbourne this year.

I'll be in LA so will miss this week's game...But I'll be searching far and wide for a place to watch the game, because I'm diehard like that.

But any attempt to get fans to games "because the club needs it" is defeatest rhetoric. The club needs it BECAUSE it's playing football no one wants to watch.

You mean Kennett ?

My reading of it is that most supporters are anti-Kennett. Am I wrong ? One poster likes to say that I'm contrary for the sake of it, yet you say the opposite.

I walk to the beat of my own drum, Jack. But, by all means elaborate why you think otherwise. Not that I care.

I would have thought that the Kennett for "president" thing would have been roughly 50/50 on these forums. As for not attending the games, "fair-weather friend" might be a more apt description rather than a bandwagon jumper.

Oh, and looking at your avatar, I would say that it's probably not a drum you're beating.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 2

I would have thought that the Kennett for "president" thing would have been roughly 50/50 on these forums. As for not attending the games, "fair-weather friend" might be a more apt description rather than a bandwagon jumper.

Oh, and looking at your avatar, I would say that it's probably not a drum you're beating.

You're like an annoying white fluffy dog that goes for the ankles.

I've already stated that I sat through 1981 and a solitary win. The wins aren't the issue. It's the Nutjob, as well as no effort from the players that will preclude me.

It's an individual choice I'm exercising. Now shut your gob.

Edited by Ben-Hur

You are what opposition fans describe as a typical fair weather Melbourne supporter.

You're like an annoying white fluffy dog that goes for the ankles.

I've already stated that I sat through 1981 and a solitary win. The wins aren't the issue. It's the Nutjob, as wells as no effort from the players that will preclude me.

It's an individual choice I'm exercising. Now shut your gob.

It's a double edged sword in as far as poor crowds will result in less enthusiasm from the players and poor performances will result in smaller crowds. To stay away because you don't agree with the club's (and Jackson's) choice to stick with Neeld for the time being just shows you ARE a fair-weather supporter, and a petulant one at that. Who cares if you sat through 1981... I doubt you were the only one.

(I typed this without once opening my mouth)

• Like 1

I'll be there like I am every week. I still have my team poster up on the wall at work, my scarf draped across the top of my PC monitor, my securit pass on a MFC lanyard, the stickers on my car and wheelie bin.<br />Everyone I know knows I go for Melbourne. I'm proud of it and I dont hide from. People respect that, and like me realise that by sticking with them, it will be all the more sweeter for me they come good.<br /><br />

• Like 3

The wins aren't the issue. It's the Nutjob, as wells as no effort from the players that will preclude me.

I'll be there like I am every week. I still have my team poster up on the wall at work, my scarf draped across the top of my PC monitor, my securit pass on a MFC lanyard, the stickers on my car and wheelie bin.<br />Everyone I know knows I go for Melbourne. I'm proud of it and I dont hide from. People respect that, and like me realise that by sticking with them, it will be all the more sweeter for me they come good.<br /><br />

The difference between a fair-weather fan and a hardened supporter could not be better illustrated.

• Like 1

The difference between a fair-weather fan and a hardened supporter could not be better illustrated.

If I cared what you or others thought I wouldn't have posted that I wasn't going. There will be plenty reading this thread that also won't be bothering. Yet they won't volunteer the information.

I don't give a toss what you, or anyone else thinks. I never have.

If I cared what you or others thought I wouldn't have posted that I wasn't going. There will be plenty reading this thread that also won't be bothering. Yet they won't volunteer the information.

What a dummy spit.

Is that the best you can do Fair Weather Ben? Trying to dilute the indifference amongst other down hill skiing fans?

Do you honestly think we care what you think? Now I've heard it all!

What a dummy spit.

Is that the best you can do Fair Weather Ben? Trying to dilute the indifference amongst other down hill skiing fans?

Do you honestly think we care what you think? Now I've heard it all!

You call that a dummy spit ?

What a softy.

Then why post at all?

• Like 2