McLardy on pressure on admin etc

sue

I drew the attention of the forum to DM's speech because no one seemed to have noticed it, it was interesting and, yes, I did so partly to 'pick a fight' because I'm sick of the negativity of many posters. I expected his comments wouldn't go down with some and I was interested to see how he might be defended. I guess it was a mistake because goading the negative brigade to more was counter-productive given I am sick of the negativity. For that I apologise.

I don't see much point in posting 'whoopee' when we win, nor do I post grumbles or calls for mass sackings/delistings when we lose. I don't post much about the actual footy because I'm stuck interstate and only see matches on TV where the overuse of close-ups makes it very difficult to know what is really happening.

But of course I was very happy on Sunday. (Though I saw a couple of our negative posters who regretted the win because that lost the chance to sack the coach.) Interestingly (to me at least) I think I was more excited during the first half against WCE than thumping GWS, though that was desperately needed.

Thank you for the courtesy of a well considered post. I appreciate it isn't easy to admit that on reflection perhaps I should have done things differently. Respect. I know it is hard to tell on the Internet, but I am not being sarcastic in any shape or form.

What is the company? I could come on here claiming to run a successful multi-million dollar company (anyone could), but I would expect people to question the veracity of such a claim without hard evidence.

Would you like a financial report Hardtack? I'll just post it for you mate. (That was sarcasm in case you missed it.)

It's not about my company mate. I only mentioned it in passing to say that I have experience with running a business, but that I thought there could be more people on here with even more experience that I would support should they wish to come forward (and some, to their credit have been in touch)

I'm now doubting whether D'Land is the best environment to inspire change. In that regard I suspect we've proven the subtext of Sue's original post to be painfully true.

Would you like a financial report Hardtack? I'll just post it for you mate. (That was sarcasm in case you missed it.)

It's not about my company mate. I only mentioned it in passing to say that I have experience with running a business, but that I thought there could be more people on here with even more experience that I would support should they wish to come forward (and some, to their credit have been in touch)

I'm now doubting whether D'Land is the best environment to inspire change. In that regard I suspect we've proven the subtext of Sue's original post to be painfully true.

Thbt it is not the people on Demonland that created the tanking fiasco, they did not produce 186 or 148, they did not create the danking saga and they did not over five years drive us down to be the worst team in the competition.

Like it or not Demonland shows to me there are a lot of very committed fans who want success more than anything else.

The fact we demand success and are intolerant of people who lead us to failure is IMO a good thing.

More power to all demonlanders who say what they believe.

• Like 1

All you needed to say was that you run a successful business.. the rest is just there to impress. I'm not sure that it says a lot about your business acumen that you are looking to an internet forum to find persons capable of joining the board of the oldest football club in the land... people who are faceless and could, for all you know, be entirely without credentials.

All you needed to say was that you run a successful business.. the rest is just there to impress. I'm not sure that it says a lot about your business acumen that you are looking to an internet forum to find persons capable of joining the board of the oldest football club in the land... people who are faceless and could, for all you know, be entirely without credentials.

Glad I impressed you HT. That was the goal ;)

Intriguing point about the use of the forum. I think its a very naive person in this day and age that neglects the power of Social Media to create and inspire change. Yes it can be faceless, but it can also build quickly and efficiently to something that would have been impossible to replicate 20 years ago (look at what a few folks on here created at training 2 weeks ago).

It's not just about anointing an individual, it's also about creating support for the idea of change. The new board members may not come from here (or they may), but if we create a climate of acceptance to new people and ideas then I think we will have achieved something.

Or we could sit around and complain and not do anything. It's worked so well for us so far.

Glad I impressed you HT. That was the goal ;)

Intriguing point about the use of the forum. I think its a very naive person in this day and age that neglects the power of Social Media to create and inspire change. Yes it can be faceless, but it can also build quickly and efficiently to something that would have been impossible to replicate 20 years ago (look at what a few folks on here created at training 2 weeks ago).

It's not just about anointing an individual, it's also about creating support for the idea of change. The new board members may not come from here (or they may), but if we create a climate of acceptance to new people and ideas then I think we will have achieved something.

Or we could sit around and complain and not do anything. It's worked so well for us so far.

If my ambivalence is interpreted by you as such, then that's nice... happy to be of service.

I agree that social media has a place in the inspiring of change and yes, the effectiveness in attracting supporters to training was a fine example... but we are talking about a football forum here and most contributors are supporters and members who want to see the players succeed... so of course it's not a great leap to expect people to be inspired to support the club on the field.

I'm sure there may well be quality business minded people who visit these forums, but there are also numerous keyboard heroes and self-promoters and so many with their own agendas who would love to see the club dismantled but with no real vision where the future is concerned. You have stated that you would not consider getting behind the club financially as you only want your company to be associated with success, yet here you are prepared to put your trust in the faceless members of an internet forum expecting it to be a doddle to build an effective movement for change at an administrative level at the club... well, unless you have a solid plan for change (and thus far I don't believe I have seen anything from any of those calling for the dismantling of the current administration), I honestly cannot see anything coming of it. All I see on here are people who seem to be motivated by personal grudges.

Edited by hardtack

If my ambivalence is interpreted by you as such, then that's nice... happy to be of service.I agree that social media has a place in the inspiring of change and yes, the effectiveness in attracting supporters to training was a fine example... but we are talking about a football forum here and most contributors are supporters and members who want to see the players succeed... so of course it's not a great leap to expect people to be inspired to support the club on the field.I'm sure there may well be quality business minded people who visit these forums, but there are also numerous keyboard heroes and self-promoters and so many with their own agendas who would love to see the club dismantled but with no real vision where the future is concerned. You have stated that you would not consider getting behind the club financially as you only want your company to be associated with success, yet here you are prepared to put your trust in the faceless members of an internet forum expecting it to be a doddle to build an effective movement for change at an administrative level at the club... well, unless you have a solid plan for change (and thus far I don't believe I have seen anything from any of those calling for the dismantling of the current administration), I honestly cannot see anything coming of it. All I see on here are people who seem to be motivated by personal grudges.

Calm down. I never said I've put my faith in anyone. I'm merely trying to ascertain if anyone's genuine about change, and in trying to do it in a positive way that might inspire people to step forward.

But don't stress Hardtack. I've got you down as a firm no, and that's ok with me.

Calm down. I never said I've put my faith in anyone. I'm merely trying to ascertain if anyone's genuine about change, and in trying to do it in a positive way that might inspire people to step forward.

But don't stress Hardtack. I've got you down as a firm no, and that's ok with me.

I'm perfectly calm... and yes, you are right, I am in the 'no' camp at the moment... that may change dependent upon what emerges from the latest bout of mud slinging.

One thing though, apart from wanting the current administration removed, what exactly are your wants? If you expect to use social media to build a positive step forward, shouldn't you be stating your required outcomes? Shouldn't you be presenting some kind of "policy"? All I see you saying is that you want change... but I don't see anything definitive with regards to what change you expect to see.