POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

I was at the game today. Renewed my membership and during the 3rd quarter I was starting to regret it.

However loved the last quarter. Also I enjoyed

Seeing Maxy back and up in the forward line kicking 2 goals and taking some nice marks.

I have been calling out for Howe to be left forward and he was great today

Jones all hear and all class

Byrnes nice 3 goals and happy that he did well

Evans glad to see him back and liked his run

but im just glad to see a win. I dont care who its against.

• Like 3

I loved how we took the game on and moved the ball fast in the last quarter, that's how we need to play all the time in my opinion.

• Like 1

My first game of the year today, so I'm pretty happy with the result.

Points of note to me:

Gawn's big mark against two opponents in the goal square was a highlight.

Jetta did some great things, including getting reported (I am a fan of a team showing a little fight).

Terlich was great in the second half.

Thrilled to see Evans have a good day.

Likewise thrilled to see Sylvia have a good game. He was patchy, but when he was on he was really on.

Watts was as bad as they say. It's not his attack on the ball or decision-making with it that bothers me but how loose he was in defence. He seems to be backing his pace to close the distance to his man if he needs it, and is getting caught out too often. He was creating goals for the opposition today.

• Like 1

Most impressive today for me were the two forgotten men of our list proving they have the required skills and ability/desire .

Max Gawn is an extrovert in a team full of wallflowers.he is the messiah most likely .

Evans has class,skill and pace.

Garland lifted himself out of the depression that besets him every time he pulls on a jumper.

Sylvia was actually aggressive ,powerful and effective .

Davey still has it ,Trengove showed some real leadership.

Frawley and Chip are in a deep whole .

Byrnes is a waste of space and a terrible recruit .

Pedo gets a pass.

Terlich showed guts ,M Jones skill .

tapscott will get there.

Byrnes, Terlich, matt jones and pederson - did pretty well today, what did you think RobbieF?!

Hopefully Clark is fit for next week, he will find another gear playing against the lions

What can we take from that? That last quarter was SO good, but was it good enough to forget the previous 3? Is one amazing quarter enough to lift our confidence noticeably? I'm really happy with a win today, but it's left me with a tonne of questions...

Christ I'm agreeing with both you andBen Hur in one night. What ARE we to make of today?

• Like 1

Forgot to add that there were some bewildering umpiring calls today. Does anyone know why the set shot was taken off Melbourne and given to GWS who went the length of the ground and scored? Pretty sure there was never a signal from the umps as to why they were taking the ball off us?

• Like 2

A number of positives for me. The tackle count. A number of players showed leadership. Some of the rightly criticised players stood up.The last quarter showed the coach hasn't lost the players. There were some concerns, but today was a little step forward. Much more for the coaching staff to work with this week. Much easier to point out the mistakes if you can also point to this is what happens if you do it right.

Forgot to add that there were some bewildering umpiring calls today. Does anyone know why the set shot was taken off Melbourne and given to GWS who went the length of the ground and scored? Pretty sure there was never a signal from the umps as to why they were taking the ball off us?

Mitch was in Phil Davis's ear and giving him a bit of a push it was right near me and the only thing I can think of was that they thought Mitch was pushing Davis out of the play. They were near the point post and both were not near the play. Dumb,stupid and severely retarded are words to describe that decision.

• Like 4

I don't know any other way to say that was a [censored] poor decision by the umpires

Clark had been warned for being hostile and was throwing his weight around - on that kick he bumped his defender and the ump gave a free kick for not heeding the warning. I acutally though I heard the umpire say 'contact Goal defence' - its not AFL it was pathetic

Cult figure Maxy may be our good luck charm.

Pickes Evans was the garnish of a great last quarter.

Sylvia had a great game chased and ran hard all day, did the 1%'s also his burst through the middle of the ground was awesome to watch broke like 3-4 tackles love watching him when he's on

• Like 5

Watts was worse than bad

In the end his own teammates were ignoring him

The guy next to me was yelling "Give it to Jack"

I told him to tell Jack to get his own [censored] ball for once

Weak, dispirited, lame, dishonest, soulless, gutless, waste of space 6 weeks at Casey required. Just don't bring in Sellar

• Like 1