Open Letter from Don McLardy

Gooner

I believe in the Don. He's right.

The performances have been [censored] but the club embarked on putting in some real quality football department structures at the beginning of Neeld's tenure. (Misson hasnt been fitness coaches at strong clubs for no reason, Craig wasnt involved in many final series with adelaide for no reason etc.. )What is the point in doing so if we were looking for a short term solution? In my opinion only the supporters expect short term gain but all the talk from within the organization suggests that the players/club officials know exactly where we're at and where we need to go.

After being pantsed by Port, having to play a fired-up Dons team was always going to really show the many flaws we currently have. They're certainly not a team you want to be playing when down on confidence. Beating the Crows in Adelaide round one really shows their strength.

Expect to see improvement vs West coast and furthermore against the Giants when the players will get a chance to express themselves and find confidence against not so strong opposition.

Look forward to seeing young Dean Kent. Think he's a ripper. Strong, quick and a bit of mongrel! Perfect.

You started out so well but then turned it into something silly...

I'll admit stuie, I'm perplexed as to how you can absolve Schwab of all responsibility for this mess. I am assuming you don't have a conflict of interest in this matter. I'm not implying that you do, but I am working on that assumption.

Schwab has overseen a period that has resulted in this club being all but driven into the dirt. He does have a significant role to play in establishing the culture of the organisation, which has been shown to be abysmal, and he does share significant responsibility for on-field performance with the selection of those who impact it directly.

Other than the debt reduction, where the extent of his role in relation to Jim's is up for debate, why does this man deserve to keep his job? He is the CEO of an organisation that keeps finding new ways to fail. Surely at this point, those up the top need to be held accountable. Some would say it's well overdue.

• Like 3

I'll admit stuie, I'm perplexed as to how you can absolve Schwab of all responsibility for this mess. I am assuming you don't have a conflict of interest in this matter. I'm not implying that you do, but I am working on that assumption.

Schwab has overseen a period that has resulted in this club being all but driven into the dirt. He does have a significant role to play in establishing the culture of the organisation, which has been shown to be abysmal, and he does share significant responsibility for on-field performance with the selection of those who impact it directly.

Other than the debt reduction, where the extent of his role in relation to Jim's is up for debate, why does this man deserve to keep his job? He is the CEO of an organisation that keeps finding new ways to fail. Surely at this point, those up the top need to be held accountable. Some would say it's well overdue.

I've said it in pretty much all of the 478 Schwab threads, I don't blindly support him or anyone else at the club, I believe in facts and proof. I've said a heap of times here that I'm in favour of a holistic review of the club at the end of the season, and if it's found Schwab should go then I'm all for it.

I'm yet to hear any tangible proof from you or any of the other Schwab haters that he should be fired right now, but I know McLardy knows the inner workings of the club a hell of a lot better than any of us and he was happy to re-sign him.

I understand we're all frustrated and looking for answers, but for once let's slow down and do it properly.

• Like 1

Yes

Out: McLardy, Schwab, Neeld

In: Jalland, Matt Green, Craig

It's only a matter of time before this or similar happens, they should man-up and take responsibility now.

How ludicrous!

Whilst the team do the performance, the buck stops with the CEO.

The club is gutless, let's face it. Mind you, I will always turn up and support, but it is a gutless club.

Why is it gutless?

WHERE is the PERFORMANCE review of the CEO and co?

There has to be one or two who are responsible for this, and they will know that they are, but they will dig and claw and hold on to the death.

Edited by jordie
  • Like 2

I've said it in pretty much all of the 478 Schwab threads, I don't blindly support him or anyone else at the club, I believe in facts and proof. I've said a heap of times here that I'm in favour of a holistic review of the club at the end of the season, and if it's found Schwab should go then I'm all for it.

I'm yet to hear any tangible proof from you or any of the other Schwab haters that he should be fired right now, but I know McLardy knows the inner workings of the club a hell of a lot better than any of us and he was happy to re-sign him.

I understand we're all frustrated and looking for answers, but for once let's slow down and do it properly.

Fair enough. I haven't read through every Schwab thread so wanted your take. I've outlined why he should go. If we're judging him based on the success of the club since he took over, it doesn't make good reading. I believe it's at a stage where those in his corner need to state why he should stay, because this club is on its knees where it matters, and has been for a long time now.

Fair enough. I haven't read through every Schwab thread so wanted your take. I've outlined why he should go. If we're judging him based on the success of the club since he took over, it doesn't make good reading. I believe it's at a stage where those in his corner need to state why he should stay, because this club is on its knees where it matters, and has been for a long time now.

I think we're all in agreement that something needs to change, we just seem to disagree on what (or at least working out what) and when.

Would be great if we could find a common ground and unite for the sake of our beloved Dees.

• Like 1

I think we're all in agreement that something needs to change, we just seem to disagree on what (or at least working out what) and when.

Would be great if we could find a common ground and unite for the sake of our beloved Dees.

Having read a lot of posts in the last 24 hours stuie my belief is when not what.

Having read a lot of posts in the last 24 hours stuie my belief is when not what.

But not everyone is of the same opinion OD, hence us finding a middle ground to unite on and move forward for the betterment of the MFC.

But not everyone is of the same opinion OD, hence us finding a middle ground to unite on and move forward for the betterment of the MFC.

I don't think there are many who believe we are on the right track stuie.

Most I think want changes to the administration.

It seems to me the timing is the point of difference.

In an ideal world that would be September but my god that is another 20 matches away.

So as usual I sit here sad but seeing no way out.

• Like 1

I don't think there are many who believe we are on the right track stuie.

Most I think want changes to the administration.

It seems to me the timing is the point of difference.

In an ideal world that would be September but my god that is another 20 matches away.

So as usual I sit here sad but seeing no way out.

I don't think anyone believes we're on the right track, we agree on that.

We shouldn't just make changes for changes sake though, things need to be looked at in a cold way and decisions made from there, if that means Schwab goes it won't bother me at all, as long as there's a factual process and not this ignorant blind witch hunt that a few loudmouths here are screaming for.

This is OUR club, let's not tear it apart.

Looks like a lot of us are pea hearts like simma.

I wish our supporters had some damn backbone.

He is not a supporter he is a troll it's been fairly obvious for a few years, while most of us have other lives poor RR has d'land and other fan sites as his/her forms of attention.

• Like 2

I agree with Don that now's not the time for knee jerk reactions.

However if things don't start to seriously improve by the mid season bye I'd be all for a board spill and the removal of Schwab.

Don Argus, Guy Jalland, Neil Mitchell or Greg Wells in as President.

Adrian Anderson, Eugen Arocca or Tony Dodemaide in as CEO, as much as I'd love Cook, I can't see him leaving Geelong.

Then at seasons end a decision can be made on Neeld, having said that unless we could land one of Paul Roos, Alaistair Clarkson, John Worsfold, Brett Ratten or Brett Lovett as coach then I'd be happy enough for Neeld to see out his 3 years. Also would love Ling to come on board as midfield coach.

I agree with Don that now's not the time for knee jerk reactions.

However if things don't start to seriously improve by the mid season bye I'd be all for a board spill and the removal of Schwab.

Don Argus, Guy Jalland, Neil Mitchell or Greg Wells in as President.

Adrian Anderson, Eugen Arocca or Tony Dodemaide in as CEO, as much as I'd love Cook, I can't see him leaving Geelong.

Then at seasons end a decision can be made on Neeld, having said that unless we could land one of Paul Roos, Alaistair Clarkson, John Worsfold, Brett Ratten or Brett Lovett as coach then I'd be happy enough for Neeld to see out his 3 years. Also would love Ling to come on board as midfield coach.

Neil Mitchell? Total [censored]. Plus, loves the MFC as much as I love Brussels spouts.
  • Like 2

I don't mind Don. He's stubborn, but so is Eddie McGuire. He didn't role over and die with the tanking. He just quit while we were ahead. We got off very lightly. Don has overseen an increase in football department cash flow. He's given mark Neeld every opportunity to succeed except he has the wrong person in the coaches role. We def need a new CEO and new coach. Neeld will be gone soon.

Neil Mitchell? Total [censored]. Plus, loves the MFC as much as I love Brussels spouts.

Haha, love it Choko! I don't disagree and he'd be my 4th choice of those 4 names I mentioned.

But end of the day he's one of the most influential and some would say powerful identities in Melbourne, so we could do worse....