RIP Melbourne Football Club

Benson

Olisik you just don't get it, he is a kid. Grow up

No offence PSD, but you did keep the entire quote in your initial post including the offending text. I do agree that the post that upset you was a very unreasonable post, by the way. Edited by hardtack

Oh, so you won't support the club you apparently barrack for but you'll happily continue to whine and moan on the internet... What a hero.

I've been supporting the club for 30 years. But I'm smart enough to know when a black sheep should not be given more money.

Carry on little Stuie. One day you'll wake up,look back and say "you know that Range Rover guy was onto someth ...". Ahh who am I kidding, no you won't.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I was trolling through this site last night - very bitter and had had too much shiraz - when I read one of Stuie's many sage offerings where he admitted to being 36. My immediate thought was his IQ (then I read the post carefully) It gave me my only laugh for the night. Thanks Stuie

• Like 3

Well, this thread is depressing.

I'm disappointed so many are so weak of heart and mind, and willing to throw in the towel so quickly.

It's a shame, but it's also symptomatic of our failure as a club.

Fringe dwellers who, whilst not being in an official capacity with the club, have power and an influence on the culture.

Those same people with not the patience, technical knowledge, or fortitude to support the club through a long and difficult phase.

Those puzzling types on this very forum who seem to delight in leading the charge to sack all and sundry at the club.

The ones gleefully trying to play the pied piper in imploring others to hand back their memberships and stop turning up.

For what end I do not know, as I can't figure out what it will achieve save for more of what they "supposedly" detest.

We need guts and gumption. From ALL corners of the club.

We need change. But not the type most are calling for.

The obituary that need not be written
Over the last few months a small but integral part of my life has come to an end- my involement with the Melbourne Football Club.
I am a little surprised that I don't feel great anger in coming to this realisation, rather it more a sense of sadness and emptiness that something that has, in the past, given me emotional highs and lows is no longer part of my life.
The decision marks the end of a long journey that started with my grandmother lovingly knitting a beanie and football jumper in the Melbourne colours and continued during my early childhood running around the streets of West Heildelberg with Geoff Case's number on my back. I remember being admonished for swearing at the television after the 1958 loss to the Magpies
It continued later with the weekly pilgramage to suburban football grounds to watch football in what was our Golden Age, culminating in being at the MCG for 1964 Premiership.
I continued to support Melbourne, taking out a yearly membership and attending most games, thinking that success was around the corner. We were always sold the line that one good player would make all the difference, so a parade of saviours who never quite made the difference. Nevertheless there were some great experiences including near misses under Skilton and finally the finals with Flower and watching a pantheon of champions such as Ditterich, Healey Fowler and Flower, until our resurgence as under John Northey via Ron Barrassi. Even in the most dismal days I could still seek solace in the Bullring bar in the members when things got too grim on the field.
In the early 1990s I moved interstate, but attended as many games as I could. I also joined the local Demons supporters group where I made life long friendships amongst fellow expatriate supporters. It certainly is great supporting your team with your own tribe. We travelled interstate together supported the team when they visited, watched games when they were televised and wrote ctritques on our successes and failures. I witnessed the attempts to merge the club and its rescue by Joe Gutnick. It financial and cultural crisis and rejuvenation under Jim Stynes
Through the topsy turvy progress of the club I continued to support them passionately even though the antics of the administration left me speechless, -the cute little round robin ofsetting insurance premiums against the salary cap and the tax assessments left in an office draw which I spoke about at an AGM immediately come to mind .
No one expects that supporting any AFL team will be a bed roses and my own user id on this forum, when translated into English reflects this, but you do expect some bang for your buck.
However this year I really can't see anything to be optimistic about, either in the short or long term. The on-field performance is substandard, golden opportunities which should have delivered a powerful dynasty of players have been squandered and there is absolutely no indication that either the players, coaching staff or off field management are up to scratch. All this with a dwindling and disgruntled supporter base.
Fortunately I have enough other interests to fill the void. I do feel sympathy for the children of die-hards who have had this fiasco foisted on them.
I will be sending back my Melbourne regalia, scarf, 30 year membership citation, mouse pad and stress football to the club as a symbolic gesture.I will also advise the local supporter group that i intend to resign my minor voluntary position as soon as a suitable replacement can be found- not that I expect anyone to step forward, given the waning amount of interest the group currently experiences
If sport can be seen as a metaphor for life then surely supporting the Melbourne football Club is like being in an abusive relationship
Adieu

Weak as pizz. Even worse that you have been a member for 30 years and throwing in the towel.

We are the worst I have seen in my 20 years of membership and we have hit lower than rock bottom. Rather than dump and run I reckon I am going to stick it through as the other half needs me more than ever right now.

Well, this thread is depressing.

I'm disappointed so many are so weak of heart and mind, and willing to throw in the towel so quickly.

It's a shame, but it's also symptomatic of our failure as a club.

Fringe dwellers who, whilst not being in an official capacity with the club, have power and an influence on the culture.

Those same people with not the patience, technical knowledge, or fortitude to support the club through a long and difficult phase.

Those puzzling types on this very forum who seem to delight in leading the charge to sack all and sundry at the club.

The ones gleefully trying to play the pied piper in imploring others to hand back their memberships and stop turning up.

For what end I do not know, as I can't figure out what it will achieve save for more of what they "supposedly" detest.

We need guts and gumption. From ALL corners of the club.

We need change. But not the type most are calling for.

Yep, it's the supporters' fault.

You [censored].

I've been supporting the club for 30 years. But I'm smart enough to know when a black sheep should not be given more money.

Carry on little Stuie. One day you'll wake up,look back and say "you know that Range Rover guy was onto someth ...". Ahh who am I kidding, no you won't.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

It's tough times, but if it's too tough for you and you can't support the club anymore, then just rack off, don't keep coming back to Demonland to try to bring the club down.

Come off it Stuie. You whine and moan, I whine and moan. WTF is the problem with that? What's technology for?

No problem about whining and moaning, but don't come here and say you're not going to support the club anymore but you still want to be able to b@#ch about it. Weak.

It's tough times, but if it's too tough for you and you can't support the club anymore, then just rack off, don't keep coming back to Demonland to try to bring the club down.

I love the club. That's why I'm protesting.

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Who the f...k do you think you are? Pol Pot? You're not even a moderator for Chrissakes.

I love the club. That's why I'm protesting.

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to mine. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Who the f...k do you think you are? Pol Pot? You're not even a moderator for Chrissakes.

You're entitled to your opinion here IF YOU'RE A SUPPORTER. You can't say you refuse to support the club but think you're still entitled to complain about it all day on the internet.

You're a weak sooky child who cries and cries until he gets his way.

Well I'm sorry RR, but you're not getting a mars bar or a tonka truck, so stop being a sook.

No problem about whining and moaning, but don't come here and say you're not going to support the club anymore but you still want to be able to b@#ch about it. Weak.

You are so aggressive Stuie. You must have blood pressure problems. Calm down. Note how I’ve been managing the site over the last couple of hours. I need to take you under my wing.

Surely you can't be 'done with the club' and also call for mass sackings?

You are either in or out. An if you are posting on this site - you are most definitely in.

We have some decisions to make at the end of this season but don't kid yourselves that you can remove yourself and star pissing in the tent.

• Like 2

You are either in or out. An if you are posting on this site - you are most definitely in.

We have some decisions to make at the end of this season but don't kid yourselves that you can remove yourself and star pissing in the tent.

Spot on.

Only happens on really good camping trips.

You are so aggressive Stuie. You must have blood pressure problems. Calm down. Note how I’ve been managing the site over the last couple of hours. I need to take you under my wing.

Like when you're making "funny" cracks about people's IQ? Great management, maybe you could oversee the next draft for us...

Agreed. If you are out then what do you care?

• Like 1

Nearly 36 and soooooo much stress.

Threads going out of control,people having differing opinions.

Please help him by running the place properly.

He can't do it alone.

Get him out there with your giraffey sheep and calm him down.

• Like 1

You're entitled to your opinion here IF YOU'RE A SUPPORTER. You can't say you refuse to support the club but think you're still entitled to complain about it all day on the internet.

You're a weak sooky child who cries and cries until he gets his way.

Well I'm sorry RR, but you're not getting a mars bar or a tonka truck, so stop being a sook.

I'm supporting through protest, agitation and boycott because I believe there's no other way.

It is weak in the extreme for you to want me and others who don't share your views banned from the site.

What are you afraid of? If you were confident in your approach you wouldn't give a [censored].

The real cry baby here is you Little Stuie.

I expected better from you but clearly there's an agenda at play on your part which supercedes any notion of 'tolerance'.

I'm supporting through protest, agitation and boycott because I believe there's no other way.

It is weak in the extreme for you to want me and others who don't share your views banned from the site.

What are you afraid of? If you were confident in your approach you wouldn't give a [censored].

That's not supporting.

And it's damaging because you're trying to influence others to follow you.

If they do, it can do absolutely no good for the club.

Can you not think of a constructive way of helping the club's situation?

• Like 1

You really struggle with the term "supporting" don't you.

I don't want you banned, I'd love it, but I don't think there's a fair reason to do it. But you are exceptionally weak if you think you can give up on the club but still cry about whoever is in the admin office.

You really are a little sook. I want massive change too, but I'll still support the club because I love the MFC and I'm enough of a grown up to understand I don't always get a lollie when I kick the pram.

I expected better from you but clearly there's an agenda at play on your part which supercedes any notion of 'tolerance'.

Here we go with the "agenda" BS you throw about when you know you've got nothing.

From what I've seen, you are the main poster here with an agenda.

The club doesnt need RR to bring them down, there doing a fine job of that themselves.

• Like 1