Either charge us or drop the investigation

loges

Just really want to make sure this article is preserved for posterity - will Caro be genius or chump, time will tell ...

I shouldn't have re-read that - its' even more disgusting than I remembered ............. "Melbourne will be harshly punished. Cameron Schwab and Chris Connolly will be finished at the club. But football lives, young men who played no real active part in the treacherous football facade which took place at the club in 2009 were ruined or at the very least tarnished by their association with it"

You do wonder how the Age's lawyers could have passed that and - remembering that the Age is a sponsor of the club - how/why the editors said "print it!"

Thanks Fifty-5 - you've upset me all over again!!

It is strange - and encouraging (?) - that Wilson has gone quiet over the past several weeks

........ but equally puzzling - and worrying - is the fact that the AFL haven't yet got to the point of even forecasting a target end date.

The greater the scope for us to fight their findings - the longer the process will need to run.

Isn't that a river in Egypt ?? :)

Wasn't a murder committed on it?

That's the one I'd like to hear in the context of this inquisition.

I'm really glad that's the song on the list to which you drew attention.

I've actually been worried that someone from AFLHQ might have felt that some of the lines in Desolation Row might refer to them ( such as the reference to the blind Commissioner and what he's doing and that the AFL investigators may have felt referred to in that line about the Riot Squad being restless and needing somewhere to go and that someone else in the hierarchy might have identified himself as Dr. Filth and a senior journalist might perceive herself as his assistant )

For these reasons I'm glad no one has alluded to any of these matters as when they feel slighted or ignored I've noticed they have a habit of directing payback by such things as arranging four consecutive away trips in the next year's fixture and various other inconveniences.

Probably best not mentioned at all

"They're selling postcards of the Hanging..."

You would not think to notice her that she was famous long ago

For having a cardboard cut out of herself punched out on the Footy Show.

"At 22 she is already an old maid..."

Such an epic song...

Someones got it in for me

They're plant-in stories in the press

Who ever it is I wish they'd cut it out quick

When they will I can only guess.

That is not the point

If you commit a crime it is not a defence to say that 50 people committed the same crime that week.

I just get a little fed up with all the self righteous stuff some Dees supporters keep pedaling.

Please are you suggesting that the AFL will change their opinion based on what I say on Demonland.

They do not know or care that I exist.

We do not deserve the current investigation as the AFL set up the position that we and a number of teams tried to exploit.

But lets not get too outraged

If the AFL's umpires had done their job properly we would have won the game so would they have still investigated the game on the basis that we tried to lose the game? Effectively that's what they are doing, we won the game they stuffed up the result, not us.

If the AFL's umpires had done their job properly we would have won the game so would they have still investigated the game on the basis that we tried to lose the game? Effectively that's what they are doing, we won the game they stuffed up the result, not us.

Thats a new angle RobbieF

AFL is just draging it out for as long as they can so they can say : We wanted to get this right to put this to bed for good and the MFC is not guilty of Tanking.

We take the integrity of our game very serious.

We want to thank MFC for being very open through the whole saga.

Interestingly delaying to the eve of the season makes it tough for supporters who may want to protest the hypocrisy,,, by delaying buying memberships & Foxtel etc...

I smell conspiracy.

AFL introduces priority pick system and instructs umpires to ensure Melbourne win against Richmond in order to gain said pick. AFL then ignores calls of 'tanking' while praising the equalising nature of the priority pick system.

Makes as much sense as the current investigation. We should hire Adrian Anderson to investigate the AFL :P

I love a good circus.

edit - spelling

Edited by Choke

The delay in finalising this investigation, is so the AFL can let the steam go out of the issue. They have bigger things to worry about now, like the fallout from the Tippett saga and third party player payments which continue, let alone finding a replacement for young Adrian.