Rookie draft central

rolly

although players such as tupingwati may have individual threads i couldn't find a specific draft thread for the event as a whole.

i would like to see Louis Herbert take a rookie spot.

strong overhead mark, looks to have a burst of speed, excellent looking set-shot for goal but...skinny as a rake.(76kg)

now before people bring up Lucas Cook and cale morton, if we take this kid as a rookie it is a lot diffent than spending a first round pick.

in fact taking him as a rookie would be perfect because he isn't taking up a spot on the primary list, and we get 2 years to see if he can fill out.

from afl.com.au draft machine:

A very athletic, lightly built forward with excellent pace as well as endurance that can play multiple roles. Regularly impacts the scoreboard and possesses a penetrating right foot kick while also displaying strong hands overhead when he competes in the air. Kicked a career best eight goals against Murray in Round 8 of the TAC Cup and also appeared in one game for Vic Country at Under-18 level.

anyone know about Riley Hutchinson?

no video which could or could not mean something...

"what they say" (afl.com.au/draftmachine)

185cm / 89kg

Prolific ball winner with an excellent combination of speed, endurance and lateral movement. Medium midfielder with elite repeat speed and strength in the contest, he also has the ability to win his own ball. A 36 disposal game in Round 16 vs Peel Thunder at Colts level, his season best. Played all 5 games for WA at the NAB AFL U/18 Championships.

although players such as tupingwati may have individual threads i couldn't find a specific draft thread for the event as a whole.

i would like to see Louis Herbert take a rookie spot.

strong overhead mark, looks to have a burst of speed, excellent looking set-shot for goal but...skinny as a rake.(76kg)

now before people bring up Lucas Cook and cale morton, if we take this kid as a rookie it is a lot diffent than spending a first round pick.

in fact taking him as a rookie would be perfect because he isn't taking up a spot on the primary list, and we get 2 years to see if he can fill out.

from afl.com.au draft machine:

A very athletic, lightly built forward with excellent pace as well as endurance that can play multiple roles. Regularly impacts the scoreboard and possesses a penetrating right foot kick while also displaying strong hands overhead when he competes in the air. Kicked a career best eight goals against Murray in Round 8 of the TAC Cup and also appeared in one game for Vic Country at Under-18 level.

[media=]

Whilst I realise the difference in draft position to those of Morton and Cook, I strongly suspect that we will NOT be drafting any skinny rakes; at least not unless our new fitness team* do their due diligence and can be fairly confident that he has the make up that will allow him to bulk up to AFL standards, though WCE may be more confident about that.

*An anthromorphologist may be the term I am looking for.

• Like 1

Whilst I realise the difference in draft position to those of Morton and Cook, I strongly suspect that we will NOT be drafting any skinny rakes; at least not unless our new fitness team* do their due diligence and can be fairly confident that he has the make up that will allow him to bulk up to AFL standards, though WCE may be more confident about that.

primary list i could not agree more, but with magner and couch adding midfiled depth on the rookie list i see it being of limited value to rookie more mids on top of the 3 or 4 we take in the nab draft in addition to viney.

a rookie spot could be a very cheap way to find a nat fyfe, isaac smith type

monoccular, on 18 November 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

I believe the word is 'shapesmith'.

I believe the word is 'shapesmith'.

Yours is the craftsman, eg Missen; mine is the assessor, needed before crafting, to avoid the "uncraftables" #10 Edited by monoccular

Worth having a look at Joshua bench.

I went to school with this kid. Absolute freak.

Hasn't got the height at all but he has speed and can move around the ground amazingly. Has a beautiful kick and being good friends with the kid I can tell you he is a very competitive kid and is a very very nice kid with a good heart which is what you need at a club. Call me crazy but I think he's worth a look at.

• Like 3

[media=]

Hasn't got the height at all but he has speed and can move around the ground amazingly. Has a beautiful kick and being good friends with the kid I can tell you he is a very competitive kid and is a very very nice kid with a good heart which is what you need at a club. Call me crazy but I think he's worth a look at.

WOW. the only drawback which you mentioned is his height, but other than that imo from that video he has the skills to make it. height really shouldn't matter much anyway, If you have the drive and desire you should be able to overcome things like that.

[media=]

Good on you for sticking up for your mate, he certainly has a lot of talent but his height may go against him in the end. It hasn't hurt Brent Harvey though so I hope he gets a look in. If he really has the desire and gets overlooked this time he could really push his name up in the VFL.

Good on you for sticking up for your mate, he certainly has a lot of talent but his height may go against him in the end. It hasn't hurt Brent Harvey though so I hope he gets a look in. If he really has the desire and gets overlooked this time he could really push his name up in the VFL.

Definitely with you on his height.

If only he was taller he would have no problems.

Everything else is perfect for AFL.

trouble with these clips ( and this is no disrespect to the posters) is everyone looks like a worldbeater - love the hands on Herbert and Bench looks like a skinny Boomer Harvey with those moves.

Having said that - go back to Casey Sibosado whose highlight reel looked great and was touted on Demonland by many. Rookied by Freo and delisted end of 2011

Good hands, quick, evasive, good disposal, sets up play and can score. Nice highlights reel. Wouldn't worry about his height at all if they think he is up to AFL. Seems to possess a number of attributes we are looking for. Gets it in tight and can then get out and give it off to set up scoring chances.

Me personally, I would rather someone like him as a rookie, than Couch.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 1

Good hands, quick, evasive, good disposal, sets up play and can score. Nice highlights reel. Wouldn't worry about his height at all if they think he is up to AFL. Seems to possess a number of attributes we are looking for. Gets it in tight and can then get out and give it off to set up scoring chances.

Me personally, I would rather someone like him as a rookie, than Couch.

Tend to agree. The stoppage highlights and his positioning are very good.

Like his agility and run but he looks like a solid hip from Wojo might split him in half.

Would hate to see him try an run down and tackle Nik Nat on a burst in a final..?

Mind you I have the same concerns about Barry. Hoping to be proven wrong.

Edited by PaulRB