FAREWELL BRENT MOLONEY

RalphiusMaximus

He had a rotten year. He is clearly gone. The club is content to see him go.

But where are those who on this site once lauded his mentoring of young blokes with his self-designed three day boxing camp at Warrnambool? Or who reveled in him giving a whack to Brock when he walked out?

Apparently we all thought he was terrific then.

A little less pleasure in the bloke's misfortune, please people.

but he created the misfortune....

I don't want to sound toolist, but Beamer was never the sharpest

As for his manager, lets just say he comes up short on his homework

Still, he may surprise us all yet

Hardly Toolest-which is perfectly fine to discriminate against.

Thats what tools are for.

There are some great managerial role models out there.

Roger Brent comes to mind but this guy reminds me of the manager of Flight of The Concords.

• Like 2

I haven't been a fan of Brent and how he fits with our club, however I have no doubt he gave it his best as he would see it and I hope he does get picked up by another club to continue his career.

I do get annoyed however with our friends in the media, when they use him as a reason as to why we are in disarray. Senior players are deserting the club. The lack of interest from other clubs tells me we have it right.

• Like 2

I will genuinely surprised if Beamer is on an AFL list in 2013. I just can't see any List Manager saying "What this club needs is a slow 28 year old who couldn't get a kick in the worst midfield in the comp."

I've posted this elsewhere, but I reckon Jake Spencer has got more chance of winning the Coleman medal than Beamer has of getting picked up.

• Like 2

If it is indeed fact that Moloney was told to drop his weight to gain speed, and he basically refused. I am glad he is gone, his attitude stinks. I always thought he was finished after his interviews left the website.

It was a changing of the guard.

Guest José Mourinho

Lions have said they will move on Beamer if they miss out on Tippett. Beamer might be at the Lions very soon.

Yep, good to see some team is keen on him, and hopefully they put him on a decent salary to give us better compensation.

If it is indeed fact that Moloney was told to drop his weight to gain speed, and he basically refused. I am glad he is gone, his attitude stinks. I always thought he was finished after his interviews left the website.

It was a changing of the guard.

I don't believe that is true at all. He mentioned in an interview at the B&F last year that he was carrying too much weight and his goal was to drop some bulk.

I think people are reading too much into Beamer not being signed yet. We've seen in the past where trades have been held up by larger trades (Judd). It's probably not going to be any different with free agency. There's still another 2 weeks to go of FA.

If the rivers trade doesn't eventuate I assume we won't get any compensation as the moloney OUT cancels out the byrnes IN?

I mean, that is the AFL doesn't consider that moloney is worth anything more than byrnes....

Moloney has played a lot more games in the last two years and won a b & f but maybe that isn't such a big factor.

Until Rivers goes somewhere, if he does, I doubt we will sign any FAs.

The 'net compo' idea is ill-thought through and it should be abandoned.

Just give picks for every player.

understand your reasoning, but this way will mean less compo picks and therefore less disruption to the existing ND picks

If the rivers trade doesn't eventuate I assume we won't get any compensation as the moloney OUT cancels out the byrnes IN?

I mean, that is the AFL doesn't consider that moloney is worth anything more than byrnes....

Moloney has played a lot more games in the last two years and won a b & f but maybe that isn't such a big factor.

Would have been great to get Byrnes with a late pick on in the rookie draft instead. The compo the cats will get will be absolutely minimal. We should have done what Port and the Dons did with Monfries. I guess everything is easier in hindsight.

Good luck Beamer, say hello to Jeff, enjoy the sun.

And we move on

Next.......

goes there on a 2 year deal.

manager says brisbane's game plan suited him. haha as opposed to needy's defensive one!

Good on Voss for picking up a player who has basically told his previous coach that he doesn't like being driven hard at training. It will be interesting to see just how he fits in. Edited by monoccular

understand your reasoning, but this way will mean less compo picks and therefore less disruption to the existing ND picks

Yes, but what is happening is that clubs are not signing up players as it affects their FA comp. St Kilda in particular.

I really don't think 25 picks (max) dispersed throughout the draft is the end of the world.

It would be fine.

Until Rivers goes somewhere, if he does, I doubt we will sign any FAs.

The 'net compo' idea is ill-thought through and it should be abandoned.

Just give picks for every player.

No way - less compo picks is better. Clubs shouldn't let compo picks drive their FA strategy - they should seek out the players they want and let the compo chips fall as they may.

I'm starting to understand the underlying sentiment that suggests no compos at all. They go,they go. They come, they come. End of story.

Might be a lot cleaner

• Like 1