TAC Cup Future Stars

Diablo Deemon

Rolly, if you don't think Dangerfield and Beams are inside mids and you don't appreciate that when the game was in the balance Hawthorn sent Burgoyne into the centre square for the all important clearance late in the game well I think you are best to keep BUYING THE HOPE that Cameron Schwab, Craig Cameron, Barry Prendergast & Chris Connoly have been selling you for years.

Anyway, the point I was making is that Magner & Couch have absolutely no chance of making it in a Top 4 side and Mackenzie beside being a GREAT BLOKE, well let's just say I am not a Mackenzie fan because i just don't give a stuff about how great a bloke they are. I want my midfielders to win some footy and kick better than 40 metre floaters.

The fact is we have the worst list by a long way and we are acknowledged as having the worst midfield by an even greater margin. But anyway, you keep hanging on to Magner, Couch, Gysberts & Mackenzie.

Magner and couch were 2examples of 8 given, you dont rate any of the others?

Your main rebuttal seems centred around mckenzie despite his absence from that list of 8 players and completely ignores the fact that by your own words with jones and viney we are two thirds of the way towards having a top 4 midfield in regards to inside mids.

i fully agree that our midfield is a source of massive concern, however i think we have the raw talent to develop our inside stocks. i just dont see where our classy and speedy outside run is going to come from other than the 2 names i mentioned earlier.

Speedy crumbing types, especially in the vein of kennedy or stringer, can be extremely valuable rotating forward as crumbing types adding to their versatility.

mcveigh is about as genuine inside mid as matthew bate. not comparing skills only positions.

Mcveigh is top 40 in the afl for contested possessions and top 60 for clearances. Not sure which Matthew bate you are talking about?

I think we all agree that with kennedy, jack, bolton, bird, hannebery and Parker as the inside midfielders we clearly have a long way to go in this area. Magner, mckenzie and couch are extremely limited IMO. I'd have no problems ending up with Viney, O'Rourke, Graham and Hrovat.

Your main rebuttal seems centred around mckenzie despite his absence from that list of 8 players and completely ignores the fact that by your own words with jones and viney we are two thirds of the way towards having a top 4 midfield in regards to inside mids.

i fully agree that our midfield is a source of massive concern, however i think we have the raw talent to develop our inside stocks. i just dont see where our classy and speedy outside run is going to come from other than the 2 names i mentioned earlier.

Speedy crumbing types, especially in the vein of kennedy or stringer, can be extremely valuable rotating forward as crumbing types adding to their versatility.

From what I've read, stringer is not a speedy crumbling type. More a contested ball winning machine & versatile overhead?

Honestly, if Stringer is there at 13, I would love us to grab him. I know he's yet another undersized forward/utility type, but he looks like he could be a phenomenal player. As has been mentioned above, midfield midgets is not really the way to go.

Agree and he will eventually be a midfielder

• Like 1

Todd Viney would have said to GC & GWS,

"my son only wants to play for Melbourne, so dont bother about calling his name because he and his family is not interested in living on the Gold Coast or Sydney. And if you even consider calling his name, you will not only bring a reluctant player into your group spreading bad energy, but you will start a feud with the MFC that may last decades. The only reason why you would call Viney's name is to harm us, so please dont".

Bang, Viney slips to 2nd round and we can get the Hogan's, Martin's and Stringers.

"my son only wants to play for Melbourne, so dont bother about calling his name because he and his family is not interested in living on the Gold Coast or Sydney. And if you even consider calling his name, you will not only bring a reluctant player into your group spreading bad energy, but you will start a feud with the MFC that may last decades. The only reason why you would call Viney's name is to harm us, so please dont".

Bang, Viney slips to 2nd round and we can get the Hogan's, Martin's and Stringers.

Bang, Melbourne already under investigation for tanking, gets done for draft tampering.

• Like 3

Guest José Mourinho

Bang.

Right there, all I need to know about the value of your opinion on who we should recruit.

• Like 1

Looking at that list its shattering to think we might pass up on some of that midfield talent at pick 4 if we are forced to take Viney at 3. Personally I'd only be taking Grundy if we can get Viney in second round and use pick 3 on one of those potentialy elite mids. We need to try and snare two elite mids from this draft.

• Like 1

Midfield super draft

Melbourne which has the worst midfield in competition takes no non F/S midfielders first round.

Some of these people who write phantom drafts are a joke. If we don't take any mids besides Viney we would need to fold right then and there.

• Like 2

Not only is ths illegal - it is pointless. If they want to and are given the chance - they will take him up North and we will never see him again. He isn't going to turn his back on a career he has been destined for since he was 9.

As things stand right now we are guaranteed 3 first round ranked players.

If things fall our way with Viney we will be guaranteed 4 first round ranked players.

Can't lose really, so why worry?

We worry because of Cook, Watts, Gysberts, Strauss, Morton ect...

• Like 3

Why would GWS and GC draft Viney if they know he wants to play at Melbourne?

They will create more enemies than its worth.

They won't "draft" him as they know we will take him. If they force us to use pick 3, I agree, they will create an enemy. I am hoping Tippett goes to GC and I then think JV is safe into the second round.

Bang.

Right there, all I need to know about the value of your opinion on who we should recruit.

Boombingbangwaddadouche

Are you saying we don't need quick skilled outside mids who can rotate forward and play as small forwards?

Easy to be a critic when not putting in your own opinions

Boombingbangwaddadouche

Are you saying we don't need quick skilled outside mids who can rotate forward and play as small forwards?

Easy to be a critic when not putting in your own opinions

I think he is referring to Stringer being 191 and 90kgs not "small" for an 18yo unless Pavlich is "small"

edit- you suggesting Stinger is at all this type shows that you know little to nothing about him, being a top talent he is

Edited by Jordie_tackles

I think he is referring to Stringer being 191 and 90kgs not "small" for an 18yo unless Pavlich is "small"

edit- you suggesting Stinger is at all this type shows that you know little to nothing about him, being a top talent he is

same stats as pendlebry

same stats as pendlebry

same stats as pendlebry

So pendlebury plays as a small forward does he?

So he has the same stats as a seasoned AFL player while being 18?

He will never add to that at all? similar height and weight to Darling and will grow to be similar to Pavlich

Edited by Jordie_tackles

My point is that bio stats dont tell the whole story, and under the MFC training regime he would probably drop kilos rather than gain them initially.

pavlich played plenty of good games through the midfield and probably still would if he were younger

Patrick dangerfield 189cm 92kg...started off in a pocket/flank before moving to the midfield.

Dangerfield certainly never played as a power foward.

And i still maintain we need outside run more than inside grunt from this draft

My point is that bio stats dont tell the whole story, and under the MFC training regime he would probably drop kilos rather than gain them initially.

pavlich played plenty of good games through the midfield and probably still would if he were younger

Patrick dangerfield 189cm 92kg...started off in a pocket/flank before moving to the midfield.

Dangerfield certainly never played as a power foward.

And i still maintain we need outside run more than inside grunt from this draft

Rolly, I don't think we can afford to separate the 2. Outside run shouldn't be at the exclusion of inside grunt. Players like Dangerfield, Sloane, Fyfe, Ablett, Murphy and Judd for example provide both whilst players like players like Pendlebury, Swan, Mitchell, Kennedy, Selwood etc. still provide plenty of spread.

We need players who can hit the contest hard, spread and run.