The perfect storm is brewing just do it

Guest Rassilon

Guest Rassilon

The time is now. Be aggressive.

1. Free agents - Cloke Goddard (alternative Lynch)

2. Trade for - Caddy (alternative Koby Stevens)

3. Father and Son - Jack Viney 2nd round

4. U17 Via mini draft - ???? pick 3

5. Up grade - Evans Nicho

6. National draft - 4 quality kids all in the top 40 picks

7. Retain 29 of our current senior list including vets

Total = 11 changes

If this did not put us on a new course and potentially shape our future nothing would.

Target 50, 000 members. Make a bloody statement that we mean business.

Dont give a damn about the money pay 100% of TPP

Just do it.

Edited by Rassilon
  • Like 1

Guest Rassilon

Just as a side note Ive put my team together for round 1 - I would request an away game against Collingwood we would get a f'ing sellout and be knocking back sponsors with sticks. You know do the right thing by those poor blokes at Westpac centre

FF Jurrah Clark Viney

HF Blease Cloke Howe

C Trengove © Jones Toumpas/Mayes/ O'Rouke (Just the 1 we recruit with pick 4)

Hb Watts Frawley Goddard

FB Garland McDonald Nicho

Rucks Jamar

Ruck Rover Grimes ©

Rover Slyvia

Interchange (3) - Caddy, McKenzie, Tapscott

Subs (2) - Jetta & 2nd Ruckman ie (Gawn, Spencer)

Emergencies Dunn, Magner, Sellar

New leadership group in - Grimes, Trengove, Jones, Clark, Goddard, Frawley & Cloke

Back where we belong a force in AFL football and not a annoying pimple on the Boss's backside.

Ps Casey Players - Gawn, Evans, Macdonald, Cook, Gysberts, Bail, Morton, Strauss, Taggert, Tynon, 17YO plus balance of un-traded & 2012draft picks. Rookie Crouch, Magner, Sheahan, Williams

Edited by Rassilon
  • Like 2

Loving the positivity. Aint it great when there's so much to look forward to? I agree, we need to be aggressive, but measured, in our list management. We have a chance to set this club on the path to sustained success. I'm confident we're getting the right bums on the right seats on the right bus.

Just as a side note Ive put my team together for round 1 - I would request an away game against Collingwood we would get a f'ing sellout and be knocking back sponsors with sticks. You know do the right thing by those poor blokes at Westpac centre

FF Jurrah Clark Viney

HF Blease Cloke Howe

C Trengove © Jones Toumpas/Mayes/ O'Rouke (Just the 1 we recruit with pick 4)

Hb Watts Frawley Goddard

FB Garland McDonald Nicho

Rucks Jamar

Ruck Rover Grimes ©

Rover Slyvia

Interchange (3) - Caddy, McKenzie, Tapscott

Subs (2) - Jetta & 2nd Ruckman ie (Gawn, Spencer)

Emergencies Dunn, Magner, Sellar

New leadership group in - Grimes, Trengove, Jones, Clark, Goddard, Frawley & Cloke

Back where we belong a force in AFL football and not a annoying pimple on the Boss's backside.

My head would explode if we landed all those free agents. We would be front page of every paper for the majority of the pre season. Sponsors would offer sexual favours and truck loads of cash to jump on board and we would be the most hated team in Melbourne which suits me plenty as I'm sick of people feeling sorry for us

Guest Rassilon

My head would explode if we landed all those free agents. We would be front page of every paper for the majority of the pre season. Sponsors would offer sexual favours and truck loads of cash to jump on board and we would be the most hated team in Melbourne which suits me plenty as I'm sick of people feeling sorry for us

There is only 2 free agents and they are only dollars and cents away. They cost us a big fat ZERO in draft picks.

Everything else is/should be 100% achievable. Bloody pay 100% of TPP we need to be competitive we need to be relevant - or we will continually struggle for sponsors, crowd numbers and memberships. Our world would change for the 100% positive forever. This place would be buzzing with enthusiasm the whole football world would have to sit up and take notice.

You cant tell me GWS wont take pick 3 & possible player for the 17YO. That does two things creates more salary cap space for PREMIUM free agents and we get Viney in the 2nd round.

I strongly suspect we have a once in a lifetime opportunity sitting starring us in the face. Only the pessimists and the dumb cant see it.

Edited by Rassilon

Guest Rassilon

How come we missed out on Boak?

Because a/ he has no interest in us - Blind Freddy can see its Geelong North or Port b/ We have to give up picks c/ Premium free agents only cost you cap space we have tons of that.

Collingwood are on their knees ZERO cap space for what Cloke wants, wont offer 5 years take advantage of it. St Kilda I have NFI what they are doing but its weird - take advantage of it.

2. Trade for - Caddy (alternative Koby Stevens)

Total = 11 changes

If this did not put us on a new course and potentially shape our future nothing would.

Just do it.

It's exciting when you put it like this, isn't it? There will be naysayers who will say this scenario is impossible (it won't take long) but why can't we dream? The newly found financial stability of the club means that we can give everything necessary to the FD. And all of the talk about being aggressive in trades is an advertisement to other clubs and free agent players: 'let's make a deal'.

I love the extreme Optomism. But cannot see Goddard and Cloke coming on board.

for me:

a) Trade period

- Koby Stevens (WCE) traded to MFC in exchange for Cale Morton

- Josh Caddy (Suns) traded to MFC in echange for Pick 13

- Trade pick #3 to Giants for Jesse Hogan (mini draft) ... so we get Viney in round 2 at #25.

B) Delisted by MFC: Spencer, Petterd, Bennell, Bate, Jetta, Davis, Green (retired)

c) AFL national draft

(Whitfield go at pick 1, Toumpas at pick 2 and Grundy pick 3)

Pick 4 Sam Mayes - highly skilled midfielder

Pick 25 Jack Viney - the engine, hard inside mid

Pick 45 Jake Calvert - good marking fwd at 195cms and loves a goal (shhh)

Pick 66 Daniel Nicholson (rookie elevation)

d) Rookies

Magner (2nd yr) Couch (2nd yr) Evans (3rd yr interstate rookie) L Williams (2nd yr) Sheahan (2nd yr)

Kelvin Lawrence - delisted rookie

Rookie draft -

#3 Luke Blackwell (Claremont) or Kyle Martin (Frankston)

#21 Luke Tynan (Scorpions) or a young ruckman like Sikora from Sandringham

b: Nicholson Frawley Rivers

hb: Grimes T Mcdonald Strauss

c: Blease Caddy Mayes

hf: Sylvia Watts Howe

fwd: Jurrah Clark Viney

rucks: Jamar Trengove Jones

int: J Mckenzie Stevens Stef Martin Tapscott

(Hogan on ice until 2014)

emerg: Gysberts, Dunn, Bail

for me:

a) Trade period

- Trade pick #3 to Giants for Jesse Hogan (mini draft) ... so we get Viney in round 2 at #25.

B) Delisted by MFC: Spencer, Petterd, Bennell, Bate, Jetta, Davis, Green (retired)

c) AFL national draft

d) Rookies

Magner (2nd yr) Couch (2nd yr) Evans (3rd yr interstate rookie) L Williams (2nd yr) Sheahan (2nd yr)

Rookie draft -

Hmmn, nice work Jurrahcane..

It sounds nice, feasible, & exciting...

Guest Rassilon

for me:

a) Trade period

c) AFL national draft

d) Rookies

Rookie draft -

Needs to be more aggressive. Too much of more of the same.

We need to be aggressive free Agency hunters, pay 100% of TPP. Your suggestions would not get us to 95%.

PS Mucking around aside Morton is contracted there is no way he will go back to WA and especially the Eagles, not as long as Big Johnny W is calling the shots at the Eagles.

Guest Rassilon

The gloom is dispersing. Great to see. I'm looking forward to all, or even some, of this to play out over the coming months. We are going to be okay. Get on the optimism bus ladies and gentlemen.

I'm with you. Positive aggression. The road will be bumpy but I have 100% faith in our driver Neeld & co drivers in Viney, Craig, Harrington, Swabby etc

We are all fueled up with cash & draft picks USE THEM.

for me:

a) Trade period

c) AFL national draft

d) Rookies

Rookie draft -

Personally i'd change a few things

K.Stevens for J.Bennell (because the concensus says C.Morton family and Co. are not wanted there)

J.Caddy would have to come with "steak knives" (due to list size reduction) so.... J.Caddy + H.Jolly/J.Toy/J.Allen/A.Magin etc... so bundle J.Caddy + H.Jolly + J.Toy for #13 + R.Pettard

I would delist Bate, Jetta, Green (retired), Bartram(forced retirment - knee), Jurrah(jail) and Bail

i would also throw out a few names and try and get some deal done for Gysberts and Martin

I like the idea of rookie listing Tynan reserves b&f winner and won some captians award last year

http://www.footballnation.com.au/latest-news/football-nations-top-50-players-mid-season-special/ #16

Guest Rassilon
J.Caddy would have to come with "steak knives" (due to list size reduction) so.... J.Caddy + H.Jolly/J.Toy/J.Allen/A.Magin etc... so bundle J.Caddy + H.Jolly + J.Toy for #13 + R.Pettard

Wonder if they would consider Patrick?

Personally i'd change a few things

K.Stevens for J.Bennell (because the concensus says C.Morton family and Co. are not wanted there)

I would delist Bate, Jetta, Green (retired), Bartram(forced retirment - knee), Jurrah(jail) and Bail

i would also throw out a few names and try and get some deal done for Gysberts and Martin

I like the idea of rookie listing Tynan reserves b&f winner and won some captians award last year

http://www.footballn...season-special/ #16

How long would you put LJ away for?

How long would you put LJ away for?

6 - 18 months with good behaviour

could be another Krakour in 2 years????

Don't know what will happen for sure but they have thoes 'tribal council' things too don't they......????

Doesnt he have to get speared or sumthing too????....... Because he used an axe(white mans tool) and did not stick to tribal law or rules???

I'd be more worried about that

Guest Rassilon

2. Trade for - Caddy (alternative Koby Stevens) - More action be hyper aggressive.

Total = 11 changes

Just do it.

I've had a re-think maybe this is not the year to be overly active at the free-agency table if you cant secure the best - dont accept 2nd best. Maybe the trade table is where we need to concentrate our efforts in 2012.

I like what MN said about the upcoming period, that we would look at all options and leave no stone unturned.

As the Clark deal taught us last year a deal is not "done" until it's signed, and there will be alot of speculation before that happens.

The new FD has some cred with the Clark acquisition, so I'll trust they know what to do.

Edited by PaulRB