McLardy: Players signed, extension for Schwab & response on list management

Range Rover

couldn't agree more - if we have peeheart footballers who still want to sook over administrators who have put us in a more secure position financially, moved us into great facilities and put in a place what looks to be a solid football department structure (albeit one that is not yet producing results) then I say sack 80% of the footballers.

there is/was still a bit of dissension in the ranks but I have a sneaking suspicion there will be very little by 2013 :)

If he had been more attentive he would never have associated us with such a fly by night company. When the scandal hit, to save his face he had no option but to run away from it as fast as he could.

Has anyone ever wondered if we actually set that scandal up? Nothing but a hunch to back that up. But, for the sake of conspiracy theory, if we became aware, ( after many reported late payments) that actually they had bluffed us and others. How would you get OUT of a sponsorship that, if left, might ruin us. Just a thought.

Has anyone ever wondered if we actually set that scandal up? Nothing but a hunch to back that up. But, for the sake of conspiracy theory, if we became aware, ( after many reported late payments) that actually they had bluffed us and others. How would you get OUT of a sponsorship that, if left, might ruin us. Just a thought.

I dont think we made those disgusting Facebook comments.

Logistacally the other option is more viable. The culprits have done a good job in shifting the blame to the players and former coach.

How dare the players get blamed, after all they are only the blokes who go on field and actually kick the football and you cant blame a coach as he is only the one who controls the tactics and motivates the players.

Here's a tip- footballers are paid handsomely to play football,coaches to coach and admins to administer. If players don't like what is going on elsewhere - fine- at the end of the season go and play for Edithvale or Bunyip seconds (go the bulldogs) but whilst you are being paid good money by a club to pull on a jumper, suck up it Stephanie, grow a pair and play the best football you can.

That you want to deflect blame away from those who dished out the dross is beyond me.

Note Craig this year and I will paraphrase- " the MFC will not be to all the players liking and thats fine - either hop on board or at the end of the season you find somewhere else to go". More power to you !

No...but I do believe we got out of jail with that company. And its not unimaginable to think Schwab might have been on to that given his arse was on the line with it.

I think Schwab got caught with his pants down. Just another bad decision.

Note Craig this year and I will paraphrase- " the MFC will not be to all the players liking and thats fine - either hop on board or at the end of the season you find somewhere else to go". More power to you !

No doubt it was good wisdom he learned at the Crows. He found somewhere else to go and now the Crows are flying again.

Edited by america de cali

No, I wasn't there, but this debacle made me ask questions as to why it happened. Why did the players lay down for the club? Why was the promising game plan developing 12 months earlier unravelling? Why was there discontent within the senior player ranks and reflected in their performances? Why were most of our developing players who showed something earlier going backwards? I was a critic of Bailey but what was happening at our club was something beyond his control as a coach. IMO the problem was elsewhere up the chain of command. No matter what the apologists say, there has been a mutiny and it is still continuing as reflected by our below minimum AFL standard performances. There are only two viable options to cure this cancer. Sack the management culprit/s or 80% of the players immediately and start afresh. If neither then the discontent will keep on propagating itself until this club hits the wall.

You make fair points ADC - In this istance I can't disagree too much with what you have said. I have stated in earlier posts (ages ago) that anyone involved in '186' should fall on their sword and leave the club - player or administrator.

What has happened as i've seen it is that a new FD has stepped in headed by Sugar Healy and run by Mahoney, Viney, Neeld and Craig (new or newly promoted). They are slowly weeding out out the playing group - I have a feeling a few favourites will leave as they don't like the harder new regime (which explains why players have stalled or have improved - the ones who accept the new regiem will flourish, while the ones who do not will go - same as every club)

As for the admin side it's hard to sum up who was right or wrong - I don't know if it is right some have kept their jobs - from an outsiders view I do not think the CEO or any other admin staff are not competent at their jobs - they are jus lucky to have kept them after 186

I think Schwab got caught with his pants down. Just another bad decision.

I remember at the time the numerous posts you made about this sponsor suggesting it was a deplorable decision.

At the TIME, it was one of the fastest growing companies in Australia and it sponsored 3 major codes in Australia.

Remember Pauline Hanson got elected and did little wrong and give little hint of her inner self until she delivered her maiden speech in parliament.

Edited by nutbean

No doubt it was good wisdom he learned at the Crows. He found somewhere else to go and now the Crows are flying again.

Sadly it looks like you just want to blame anyone but the playing group.....

The Crowbots may have gotten stale under NC - but shite they were also good for a long period

You do not consier Neil Craig an assett ADC?

The statement attributed to Craig as stated by nutbean would be fine said privately but not wise said publicaly in particular with the fragile state of morale and belief at the club. Neeld was a culprit too in this regard.

Edited by america de cali

The satement attributed to Craig as stated by nutbean would be fine said privately but not wise said publicaly in particular with the fragile state of morale and belief at the club. Neeld was a culprit too in this regard.

What??

there is/was still a bit of dissension in the ranks but I have a sneaking suspicion there will be very little by 2013 :)

Everyone forgets all this stuff the minute the club starts to be a force on the field. Nobody talks about the effect of the WCE drug culture now because they are winning. If they were 16th you can bet there would be murmurs of it everywhere.

If EVERYONE at the club wants to keep their jobs we must start winning and competing at every level.

And, although the circumstances are different, don't North look a different side since Eugene Arocca left? Makes me wonder about the effect management has on club culture.

• Like 1

Yeah, money will buy mercaneries and robots but not belief.

I was alluding to simply weeding out the turncoats and disbelievers

There may be more than you think.

only tme will tell then

Yes i am still concerned about factions within. If they still exist we are wasting our time. They must be removed, like now.

All the talking sounds nice but actions on the ground are what we remember.

Yep winning games is the only final result I am interested in.

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why CS has not had his contract extended?

After all the goods words on his fine work and effort since 186 why no contract?

Hmm are we waiting on the tanking enquiry result?

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder why CS has not had his contract extended?

After all the goods words on his fine work and effort since 186 why no contract?

Hmm are we waiting on the tanking enquiry result?

I believe the current contract may not expire until Sept/October this year. Still time. Its got nothing to do with the tanking enquiry.