Liam Jurrah!!!

PaulRB

To be honest, just because Cam Schwab says something doesn't make it true.

Feel for the guy, but I just can't see Jurrah coming back. No matter how we try to spin this as Liam going back to be with his family, given the season was 'over', he left without telling anybody, and presumably was right to play for Casey for the next few weeks until the end of the season.

That doesn't sound good, in my book.

Good luck getting it together Liam!

Best of luck with everything mate, no doubt you are the most exciting player in the league to watch and I would love to see you out in the red and blue again, but get yourself right before thinking about footy again. Good luck Liam.

Personally, if I were facing court with a chance of going to jail, I'd be sending time with my family too. It doesn't matter if the lawyers think he has a great case, the doubt is going to be there until the results are official. I have absolutely no problem with him spending time with his loved ones before the trial.

Totally agree RM. If I was on trial in 3 weeks, no matter how strong my case, but with the prospect of only seeing my family through bars for x years after those 3 weeks, I know where I'd be. I'm surprised that our pessimistic posters appear to have ignore that.

I'm not saying there is nothing to worry about - who would? But this move to Adelaide adds about 0.1% to my existing concern which is maybe around the 50% level.

• Like 2

Totally agree RM. If I was on trial in 3 weeks, no matter how strong my case, but with the prospect of only seeing my family through bars for x years after those 3 weeks, I know where I'd be. I'm surprised that our pessimistic posters appear to have ignore that.

I'm not saying there is nothing to worry about - who would? But this move to Adelaide adds about 0.1% to my existing concern which is maybe around the 50% level.

Agree Sue

Just a small point. He's not on trial in 3 weeks. In 3 weeks they just have a meeting to decide on when the trial will be. I don't think he has to even be there.

Agree Sue

Just a small point. He's not on trial in 3 weeks. In 3 weeks they just have a meeting to decide on when the trial will be. I don't think he has to even be there.

thanks - I was unsure about that. Hopefully they do it asap.

Ill get shouted down for being racist but im going to say it anyway. MFC and all clubs need to really consider whether its smart recruiting to pick up these guys from the aboriginal communities. They can be extrememly talented but the cultural divide can be so wide that these issues seem to crop up more often than not. THese lads from the remote communities have such a different upbringing and culture than others. This is not being racist as i feel an aboriginal bloke brought up in a country town or a city does not have this cultural divide. Look over history of the afl/vfl. its littered with blokes from remote communities that although brilliant footballers struggled to adapt to the new life. Nicky Winmar, Sean Charles, Wonna, even that talent waylon manson that couldnt get his [censored] together to get drafted last year. Id like to see the club take this in to consideration when drafting. Whats the point in putting time and money in to the development of a kid when hes just going to take off everytime he gets homesick or theres trouble back in his community. i love what they bring to footy and are great people but the club is in the afl to win premierships. we cant afford to keep tip toeing around issues like this and not know when the next time is that one of out more talented players is going to get homesick and bugger off. Instead of hiding behind the curtain of political correctness lets all admit there is a massive cultural change for a kid to move to the city. If i moved to yuendumu to play footy id problay head home alot as well. its a very big ask for these guys to come to the big smoke and play footy for a career. More often than not, a too big a ask.

I hope the MFC supports Liam as much as it can but i do feel these recurring issues should be stroingly considered next time the club is considering drafting a kid from the remote communities.

As harsh as it may sound, you are correct in what you say. (MFC related only), we have not done well with recruiting from up north.

Fabian Francis, Cockatoo-Collins twins, Issac Weetra, Sean Charles, Wonaeamirri just to name a few.

All had talent, but for various reasons didnt have prolonged careers with the Dees.

But I would be careful not to tare them all with the same brush, maybe its more to do with the club itself, as Essendon, North etc have had success looking after their indigenous players. Our track record in developing young players,isnt what we have been great at.

Liam threw another curve ball our way, he stands out as one of the most exciting of any or an equal to the best in a very very long time.

This has the markings of Wonaeamirri all over again , wanted time out, then decided Victoria /AFL/ Melbourne wasnt for him.

As I understand it Liam has great support to fall back on, its now up to him,what he deems most important in his life.

For the present its his family and the situation they now face. He needs space and get everything in prospective.

He is going threw a tough time for a young fella, lets hope it all works out best for all involved.

I would hope to see him back in the red and blue,as he hasnt yet shown what he can achieve. We all know how good he can be.

to quote a Beatles song..... "With a Little Help From My Friends" he does what is right for himself and family.

No 24 is on hold.

Wish you well Liam.

We have come this far...

I don't want us to put it in the 'too hard' basket until Liam does.

Get his life right, get him on the Rookie List though Delisted FA and go from there.

Fortunately for all concerned rpfc it is not up to me, other people have to follow this through to the end.

However it is already too hard for me.

I seriously doubt we will every see LJ on the ground again.

Just too many problems now.

Just too much maintenance required for me.

We are a weak club if we don't do absolutely everything in our power to help Jurrah.

He is one of our own, and he maintains his innocence. That he is a wonderfully talented player is besides the point.

Admirable Jaded but I think you live in an ideal world.

If it was Lawrence would we be going to this trouble?

As harsh as it may sound, you are correct in what you say. (MFC related only), we have not done well with recruiting from up north.

Fabian Francis, Cockatoo-Collins twins, Issac Weetra, Sean Charles, Wonaeamirri just to name a few.

All had talent, but for various reasons didnt have prolonged careers with the Dees.

But I would be careful not to tare them all with the same brush, maybe its more to do with the club itself, as Essendon, North etc have had success looking after their indigenous players. Our track record in developing young players,isnt what we have been great at.

Liam threw another curve ball our way, he stands out as one of the most exciting of any or an equal to the best in a very very long time.

This has the markings of Wonaeamirri all over again , wanted time out, then decided Victoria /AFL/ Melbourne wasnt for him.

As I understand it Liam has great support to fall back on, its now up to him,what he deems most important in his life.

For the present its his family and the situation they now face. He needs space and get everything in prospective.

He is going threw a tough time for a young fella, lets hope it all works out best for all involved.

I would hope to see him back in the red and blue,as he hasnt yet shown what he can achieve. We all know how good he can be.

to quote a Beatles song..... "With a Little Help From My Friends" he does what is right for himself and family.

No 24 is on hold.

Wish you well Liam.

Were they recruited from up north?? Weetra was from Whyalla is SAIi thought and Sean Charles was recruited from Powelltown in Victoria?? Were the Cockatoo-Collins boys from Adelaide area or was it Brisbane?

Were they recruited from up north?? Weetra was from Whyalla is SAIi thought and Sean Charles was recruited from Powelltown in Victoria?? Were the Cockatoo-Collins boys from Adelaide area or was it Brisbane?

I think that the biggest problem with 3 of the 4 was they could not play.

From my memory only Charles was any good and he had a bad injury and then complications.

I thought he came from up the Murray way in Victoria but now I am guessing

I think that the biggest problem with 3 of the 4 was they could not play.

From my memory only Charles was any good and he had a bad injury and then complications.

I thought he came from up the Murray way in Victoria but now I am guessing

I think biggest problem is saying they were all from "up north"....

• Like 1

I liked Schwabb's comments on Jurrah: 'after the year he has had he just needed to get away..' - make that the whole bloody club!

Would've thought as a football player he might actually want to play some football - and maybe help out his teammates and the club that is paying and supporting him.