Total Faith in the Neeld Way

No-one presently knows how good a coach Neeld will be, but it's worth noting that we beat at least two other Melbourne clubs to Neil Craig's services and Craig mentioned how impressed he was with Neeld's plans and vision for the future. If a person such as Craig, who's worked with the Australian Cycling Federation, the Australian Olympic team with Charlie Walsh, the SA Institute of Sport, as well as having coached Norwood and the Crows buys in - plus convincing Misson and Clark to join - then it's clear to me that Neeld comes across as a very astute and confident man that can detail and sell a strategy. If he can impress experienced football people I'm certain he can communicate his message to the players. Afterall, he has a teaching background.

He presently doesn't have the cattle at his disposal, but it's very shallow thinking to suggest he shouldn't be given every opportunity to continue the plans that have impressed very knowledgeable football people. I'm the first to admit that if we've seen no improvement by this time next year there'd be major causes for concern. In the meantime I want him to learn from any mistakes of his first year. That's what quality people do.

• Like 2

Cheers hardnut

Cheers Thai

Cheers hazy

Cheers Cali

I think we got our point across.

Stubborn little fcukers.

Sorry, what was the point again? I'm not sure I can see it. All I see is some posters who want to argue a ridiculous point about Neeld's ability when we've not had sufficient time to make any sort of informed opinion. All we can do is give him time.

Edited by Crawf52

I have formed an opinion that the MFC is in drastic need of fundamental change and so far Mark Neeld has made all the right noises about changing it. I believe in him because so far he has taken measures to do what he said he's going to do.

An opinion of this nature can quite reasonably be made by now.

As to weather he is a good coach no-one can know this definitively until he has a list of players he's comfortable working with. So yes, you are 'allowed' to form an anti-Neeld opinion. But to do so at this early stage is folly and smacks of hidden agenda.

has he?

Trengove Captain! UH um!

"I still believe in Neeld and watch out for RR's carpet bombs":))

Sorry, what was the point again? I'm not sure I can see it. All I see is some posters who want to argue a ridiculous point about Neeld's ability when we,ve not had sufficient time to make any sort of informed opinion. All we can do is give him time.

Give Tona and his 3 mates credit, Crawf. They at least took the time to vote in the Neeld coaching poll.

94 - 4 in Neeldy's favour at this stage.

Edited by Range Rover

The captain is the foremost integral decision and was made in conjunction with Neeld and the leadership group. Is this one of the noises or was it passing wind down at Gotches paddock?

"I still believe in Neeld and watch out for RR's carpet bombs" :))

Having said all that Neeld does deserve to run his term but not for the screwed up reasoning and ridiculous polls that RR spits out.

Crawf52, on 31 July 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Sorry, what was the point again? I'm not sure I can see it. All I see is some posters who want to argue a ridiculous point about Neeld's ability when we,ve not had sufficient time to make any sort of informed opinion. All we can do is give him time.

Agreed Crawf!! Stand up to the RRovers Carpet Bombs!!

Tonatopia...

While I do agree with most of the things you say... RR is correct that sadly the bed is made and we have to sleep in it for the next 2 years. Neeld is not under any threat. The discussion has risen to this level only because RRover himself concedes Neeld's fragility with the need to display such a ridiculous sign off. RRover's reasoning is convoluted at best and most of his points are based on blind faith and hope. He loves getting his massive ego nurtured and forelock tugged.

My advice in a forum as this where RRover is obviously a King Pin is to fight fire with fire and throw his crap reasoning directly back at him.

Aside from that am sure he's a great bloke :) and this is sincere...comes down to a war of opinion amongst supporters.

To Range Rover and his forelock tuggers lets move on here.... It's like dogs fighting through a fence!! Take the fence away and they play together....Thaipantsman...direct from the villager to you!

has he?

Trengove Captain! UH um!

"I still believe in Neeld and watch out for RR's carpet bombs" :))

Trengove is busting his gut, as is Grimes

Both ooze leadership and class

We could've kept Green as captain for another 12 months

So not only are you willing to write off a rookie coach with a diabolic list who are fit enough to play 2 way football, you're also going to write off our 20 year old captain who's just ticked over 50 games

The captain is the foremost integral decision

Not according to former champion player Glenn Archer. When asked who he wanted to captain North this year he said that he didn't care. He said the leadership group is far more important than the individual that tosses the coin. It's the leadership group that determines the culture of a club.

But what would he know ?

Edited by Ben-Hur
  • Like 1

My faith in Neeld decreased after last weekend. Our lack of positioning was frightening. Where was our forward line? When we went inside 50 on Saturday it was to no one or one or two small players. At one point I remember Trengove, Bail and Jetta being inside 50. Disgraceful. Typical to have Trengove inside 50 when he can do little more than jog around. Rivers was mainly in the back line, and I hardly spotted Garland or Martin at all. Why are Howe and Dunn in the back line when I'm sure they could take a mark inside 50? Does Neeld know anything about where players go?

Interesting to look at the fortunes of 2 other clubs with new coaches this year - Adelaide and the Dogs. Both finished at the bottom of the ladder last year - now Adelaide is challenging for top 4 and the Dogs for bottom 4. Sanderson and McCartney both came from long-term stints at Geelong through their successful era under Bomber Thompson - it's reasonable to deduce from their tenure that both are very competent and took their learnings from that period to their new clubs. McCartney was so good Bomber got him over to Essendon to help him there too.

Maybe Sanderson is a genius and McCartney is a chump? Or could it have something to do with state of the lists they moved to? Adelaide was coached by Neil Craig with a reputation for physical conditioning and defensive football, the Dogs were coached by Rodney Eade with a reputation for attacking football.

Interesting to look at the fortunes of 3 further clubs with new coaches this year - Collingwood, St.Kilda and Melbourne. Buckley, Watters and Neeld all came from long stints through a successful period at Collingwood under Mick Malthouse - it's reasonable to deduce their competence and learnings. Collingwood and St.Kilda have maintained their solid performance from last year, while Melbourne is languishing at the bottom of the ladder.

Maybe Buckley and Watters are geniuses and Neeld is a chump? Or could it have something to do with state of the lists they moved to? Collingwood and St.Kilda were coached by Mick Malthouse and Ross Lyon with a reputation for physical conditioning and defensive football, the Demons were coached by Dean Bailey with a reputation for attacking football.

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

I wont..Im sick of the whinging stupidity that comes on here at times. There are some who obviously have the brain power of a 5 yo on green cordial and then there seem to be a lot who obviously couldnt run a [censored] up in a brewery yet challenge those that actually know how to do it. I wonder sometimes is it out of jealously, pure ignorance, or some relative of the tall poppy syndrome.

Some cant stand it when their chosen idol is lamabasted becuase the bloke simply cant play to save his life ( at AFL level ) and they take personal offence. It annoys me that some seem to have no life what so ever outside of following a football team they they have had any quality of persepctive erased from their sight.

It annoys me that some cant understand that even if there were some major stuff ups over the last so many years , by many , that its NOT Neelds fault. Hes been here not even a yeasr. it will take a few seasons and definitely a 2-3 presaeasons to drum the new way into the new list ( or new form of it ) Yet some still think that because nothing is visible before them that its all bad and all going downhill.

Its not all bad . Its a process, the battering balls and dozers are about to come in. The architects and engineers have been on the job for a while now. What will be just as amusing to me will be when we are starting to climb, are becoming the NEW Demons that some clowns will think and utter, "its about bloody time" without deference to the idea its been happening all along, just that they were too dumb or blind to see it.

Go Dees

JUNE 17th., 2013.... NEELD SACKED !!!