Should Nathan Jones be made Captain for 2013

Guest KingDingAling

Should Nathan Jones be made Captain next year  

262 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I agree- there is nothing better or more satisfying.

That describes a standard weekend at the Gatwick for you doesn't it Biff? (sans the Thai motel)

One of the few highlights this year is how happy the club is with their young leaders. There is zero chance that anything will change next year.

Trengove captained SA as a junior and was voted into the position by his peers. He's clearly a leader and respected at the club. His laid back speaking style simply represents his SA country origins.

Why are there so many [censored] posters on this site ?

Zero chance, LOL.

Hahahahaha, this is a dooosy, I have a new favorite, lol.

Reading this resembles a car crash.

Ohhhh dear god!

my nephew went to training to watch a few times and commented

jones intensity at training is incredible , no wonder hes having a good year

why he wanted to know, were other players mucking around and not looking interested

results explained

• Like 2

Zero chance, LOL.

Hahahahaha, this is a dooosy, I have a new favorite, lol.

Reading this resembles a car crash.

Ohhhh dear god!

I always enjoy a self troll.

Look at the date of my post, Dumbarse. I was correct, there was ZERO chance that the captains would be changed for 2013 and, of course, they weren't.

Thick as a brick. But a source of amusement nonetheless.

"New favourite", "car crash", "doosy" hahahahaha

Edited by Ben-Hur

my nephew went to training to watch a few times and commented

jones intensity at training is incredible , no wonder hes having a good year

why he wanted to know, were other players mucking around and not looking interested

results explained

That old saying....

You play how you train.

I always enjoy a self troll.

Look at the date of my post, Dumbarse. I was correct, there was ZERO chance that the captains would be changed for 2013 and, of course, they weren't.

Thick as a brick. But a source of amusement nonetheless.

"New favourite", "car crash", "doosy" hahahahaha

Trengove is a hell of a leader, good one bud!

I can't believe you'd even show yourself again in this thread.

Props for courage, precious.

Depends what your criteria is?

If you include the number of good games played he is struggling IMO

Depends what your criteria is?

If you include the number of good games played he is struggling IMO

I think he trains like a leader, but walking out on the MCG to lead possibly the worst team of all time would be a big ask for Chris Judd or Joel Selwood, i feel for Trenners in that sense, he probably deserves to concentrate on his footy

I think he trains like a leader, but walking out on the MCG to lead possibly the worst team of all time would be a big ask for Chris Judd or Joel Selwood, i feel for Trenners in that sense, he probably deserves to concentrate on his footy

It was IMO a poor decision to give him and Grimes the job in the first place.

Too big for a couple of kids trying to build a career playing.

It was IMO a poor decision to give him and Grimes the job in the first place.

Too big for a couple of kids trying to build a career playing.

Teams that are more successful are more capable of appointing young leaders with other leaders around the club, that's not us.

• Like 1

It's taken you a day to come up with that ? Thicker than I thought.

Trengove is a fine young leader, but unfortunately a park footballer right now. And in hindsight it was a poor decision to make him captain. Terribly poor. He was years from being ready.

Dumbarse.

Edited by Ben-Hur

Why on earth make anyone captain with four games left to play in 2013?

Possibly Jones should be captain in 2014 and maybe young Viney could come onto the leadership team. I know that Frosty Demon and others like to think that Nathan Jones was a superstar from Game 1 with the Demons but the reality was that he wasn't in the e\arly games I watched, he was too slow, did not tackle, did not make second attempts and projected as lazy. In the first year I would of dropped Jones however now he is arguably the best player on our list and an inspiration to the whole list.

As for delisting Trenners, Grimes, Watts, etc,, history will judge that they will be in the core of our team when we have a new coaching structure, captain and a few inspired selections to boost our midfield woes.

Why on earth make anyone captain with four games left to play in 2013?

Possibly Jones should be captain in 2014 and maybe young Viney could come onto the leadership team. I know that Frosty Demon and others like to think that Nathan Jones was a superstar from Game 1 with the Demons but the reality was that he wasn't in the e\arly games I watched, he was too slow, did not tackle, did not make second attempts and projected as lazy. In the first year I would of dropped Jones however now he is arguably the best player on our list and an inspiration to the whole list.

As for delisting Trenners, Grimes, Watts, etc,, history will judge that they will be in the core of our team when we have a new coaching structure, captain and a few inspired selections to boost our midfield woes.

The thread was made in 2012 on the back of Neeld appointing 2 young captains.

Since then, Neeld has been sacked and his young captains have barely gotten a kick, whilst Jones is on his way to another Bluey.

Hopefully the next coach gets it right.

Since then, Neeld has been sacked and his young captains have barely gotten a kick, whilst Jones is on his way to another Bluey.

You have my vote for the little it is probably worth.

So you wrongly equate leadership with being the best player in the side?

You really think that if Jones was a half-decent leader he wouldn't have been made captain in their stead?

Completely unsurprising.

Just another who doesn't understand the concept of leadership and what is required.

I'd wager London to a brick that you subscribe to the archaic notion that he best player should be captain.

How quaint.

i reckon col garland and nathan jones are on a par as my prefered captain at this stage.

I love Garland but Captain?

Jones should probably be captain (considering Mitch Clark and Dawes can't get on the pitch) - although something tells me that he lacks that on field leadership (maybe a bit reserved) but he definitely leads by example.

We just don't have a clear cut captain on the list - maybe we could look at that come Free Agency/Trade period (a Dal Santo type?). It would be great if we could snare a good mid and true leader in one swipe!

So you wrongly equate leadership with being the best player in the side?

You really think that if Jones was a half-decent leader he wouldn't have been made captain in their stead?

Completely unsurprising.

Just another who doesn't understand the concept of leadership and what is required.

I'd wager London to a brick that you subscribe to the archaic notion that he best player should be captain.

How quaint.

The best leader should be captain.

Usually the best leader works hard on and off the field, eats right, trains right, does all the right things - and more often than not that makes him the best player.

Nathan Jones trains harder than anyone on our list and has done so for many years, that is why he improved out of sight - he would'nt be our most talented player.

Jones got where he is today on sheer hard work, on the track, off the track and on the field.

For a long time Jones has represented everything MFC hasn't and he is still basically doing so on his lonesome.

The appointment of Trengove especially, that represents what MFC has become - high draft picks expected to get there on talent.

Trengove didn't earn the captaincy, he only had one good year, he got the captaincy on the back of a year where he looked like a deadset plodder.

Jones on the other hand was working his butt off and continues to do so.

Nathan Jones represents everything that rest of the group don't, hard work, dedication and application.

Thankfully we have Viney and Terlich coming through to help Nath Jones out.

The best leader should be captain.

Usually the best leader works hard on and off the field, eats right, trains right, does all the right things - and more often than not that makes him the best player.

Nathan Jones trains harder than anyone on our list and has done so for many years, that is why he improved out of sight - he would'nt be our most talented player.

Jones got where he is today on sheer hard work, on the track, off the track and on the field.

For a long time Jones has represented everything MFC hasn't and he is still basically doing so on his lonesome.

The appointment of Trengove especially, that represents what MFC has become - high draft picks expected to get there on talent.

Trengove didn't earn the captaincy, he only had one good year, he got the captaincy on the back of a year where he looked like a deadset plodder.

Jones on the other hand was working his butt off and continues to do so.

Nathan Jones represents everything that rest of the group don't, hard work, dedication and application.

Thankfully we have Viney and Terlich coming through to help Nath Jones out.

I agree with a lot of what you said but you are incorrect with your belief re Jones. People within the club have said it this year publicly and I have heard it from my contacts within the club, that despite Jones' on field performance he was not and did not act like a captain off track (this isn't disparaging, I'm not saying he misbehaved just that he didn't lead). However in the past 6-9 months both he and Garland have stepped up this leadership off field.

It is possible that this combination of on field performance and newly developed of field leadership makes Jones The most suitable captain next year. But not at the time of choosing.

I agree with a lot of what you said but you are incorrect with your belief re Jones. People within the club have said it this year publicly and I have heard it from my contacts within the club, that despite Jones' on field performance he was not and did not act like a captain off track (this isn't disparaging, I'm not saying he misbehaved just that he didn't lead). However in the past 6-9 months both he and Garland have stepped up this leadership off field.

It is possible that this combination of on field performance and newly developed of field leadership makes Jones The most suitable captain next year. But not at the time of choosing.

Interesting, that is exactly the opposite to what I have been told and was told in 2011.