Jeremy Cameron

Travis Boots

You can tell early when some have it, Cameron has it, oodles of it.

Great point and I think that gets forgotten as we start to overcomplicate things.

You either got it, or you don't.

I get that big KPPs will "come good" as they fill out but it's not an excuse for not playing to potential from day dot.

The same idea applies to middle-distance / long-distance racehorses. No horse will ever amount to anything good at 2400m if he is dogging it in a 1200m maiden at Horsham on debut. Ability knows no bounds.

You're doing yourself a disservice.

And do you have any idea of his courage in marking contests ? At 18 ?

I've only seen him play as a 19 year old, so can you enlighten us what he was like when he was 18 please? I did miss their Round 1 game, but I don't think he was breaking any records in that match.

Threads about Patton and Cameron. No chance.

Other mentions of Nathan Ablett and Jack Anthony. Absolute zeros.

I think we should have stuck to the Travis Cloke thread.

I think Cameron & Paton will both be great forwards and a lethal combination, and I know we can all say no one thought we would get Micth Clark but either of these two are a different kettle of fish.

They are both going to be the main chance of GWS being succesful and given that's it's the fat controllers baby he will not allow them to move no matter what we throw at them. 3rd party deals whatever it takes IMO under no circumstances will he allow either of them to move. Lets face it on what they have shown you can see sthey are the type whom you could build your team and structure around like Carey/Mckernan (when he was decent) and Brown/Lynch.

I've only seen him play as a 19 year old, so can you enlighten us what he was like when he was 18 please? I did miss their Round 1 game, but I don't think he was breaking any records in that match.

Mate, to be honest I can't be bothered wasting my time on you. I'd rather rearrange my sock drawer.

Threads like these show a complete lack of understanding about how trading in the AFL works.

I agree. While I'm singing Cameron's praises I'm also in no doubt that we have no chance in hell of procuring him. I just like talking about him because he's going to be a star. I haven't seen a star at Melbourne for 25 years and they get one in their inaugural. Talk about being kissed on the dick. And Patton too.

FMD.

• Like 1

Nowhere near as good as an 18 year old... In his sole game as an 18yo, he had 8 disposals, 5 marks, no goals. Turned 19 just before round 2, and duly put up 12 disposals, 7 marks, 4 goals. You're onto something.

Seriously though, this Cameron kid is everything we wanted from Jack Watts when we first unveiled him that fateful QB Monday back in '09. Listed at 196cm and 87kg, which is roughly what Jack was playing at in his first year.

Judging him just from the half-dozen or so GWS matches I've seen, I would be very surprised if he turns out to be anything short of 'special'. He certainly has 'it'.

I'd give them Watts and Viney in a second. This guy is a freak.

You have got to be [censored] me?

Viney hasn't even played a game for us and you're writing him off.

Watts has been poorly coached and developed since he was drafted. We're just starting to see some consistency and you're prepared to flick him based on ten games from Cameron?

Cameron is not a freak. Gary Ablett snr was a freak, his son not far behind him.

Cameron has massive potential, I don't doubt that but FFS, your offer is outlandish to say the least.

• Like 2

And anyone who suggests otherwise just watch the kid play a few games before you come on hear acting like youve seen him play.

That's just it. Most are basing his performance on a few games they've watched on tele.

Give the kid a big $$$$ offer.

Give gws our first 2 picks in the draft + loads of players... Not watts though, he will also be special.

I'm sure GWS are itching to get rid of him.

Occasionally I consider retiring from posting and replacing myself with a macro.

• Like 1

Without in any way denigrating Watts, don't embarrass yourself. These players are in different leagues. I'd give up two Watts for one Cameron.

LOL Watts is sheer class and anyone with some basic knowledge of football would know that. You obviously don't. Didn't see anything special about Cameron today. Did you?

• Like 1

I think Cameron & Paton will both be great forwards and a lethal combination, and I know we can all say no one thought we would get Micth Clark but either of these two are a different kettle of fish.

They are both going to be the main chance of GWS being succesful and given that's it's the fat controllers baby he will not allow them to move no matter what we throw at them. 3rd party deals whatever it takes IMO under no circumstances will he allow either of them to move. Lets face it on what they have shown you can see sthey are the type whom you could build your team and structure around like Carey/Mckernan (when he was decent) and Brown/Lynch.

Surely you couldn't dream of even thinking that Mr Integritou would conspire in any way to compromise free trade? Outrageous suggestion. Would just never happen :-)

LOL Watts is sheer class and anyone with some basic knowledge of football would know that. You obviously don't. Didn't see anything special about Cameron today. Did you?

Bobby, I am seriously happy that Watts is clearly improving but don't embarrass yourself either.

Cameron played on or inside of the Giants 50 metre arc. They got the ball to that line or beyond 32 times (Melbourne 74) in the whole game and he still kicked three goals. That is a good return from a key forward playing ahead of a decimated midfield.

Seriously, the Giants ball movement going forward was abysmal.

• Like 1

Bobby, I am seriously happy that Watts is clearly improving but don't embarrass yourself either.

Cameron played on or inside of the Giants 50 metre arc. They got the ball to that line or beyond 32 times (Melbourne 74) in the whole game and he still kicked three goals. That is a good return from a key forward playing ahead of a decimated midfield.

Its true GWS forward had less opportunity and were playing a solid unit in MFC defence which has had to endure much more pressure but PAtton and Cameron both did look good at times.

HOWEver and Watts were even better and are beginning to show the benefits of the steady development occuring at MFC

yesterdays efforts really did show that our development is ahead of GWS as it should be despite their advantages at draft and we do have some exciting youth and when our senior players are able to use their strenght we are very competitive.

The best feature of the weekend was that with Casey and Melb we can see that we have a good squad with players competeing in all positions. It is probably a little too much to expect physically underdeveloped youth to compete week after week in what is a very physically demanding game without making errors as long as they learn from the errors they will continue

I look forward to watching Patton and Cameron and if they are available would add to our squad but I look much more joyously at our equivalents.

I'd give them Watts and Viney in a second. This guy is a freak.

Really-that would kind of send us back to rock-bottom.

I wouldn't do that even if I had a crack habit and needed the money .

• Like 2

I'm certainly not embarrassed to believe that Jack Watts is a star. Young Cameron looked pretty scrawny and with just 13 disposals it is no wonder I didn't note him much. 2 of his goals were from iffy frees too if I remember correctly. But, I could be wrong he might be OK as he matures.

Edited by Bobby McKenzie