Koby Stevens

jurrahcane

I'm not talking about style, but clearly all clubs can only fit a certain number of players in a midfield rotation and those are players that Stevens is behind. He doesn't play like Rosa either, but he's another player that rotates through the midfield that is ahead of him. And you can add Embley.

It's not rocket science.

spanner1.jpg

• Like 1

Koby Stevens is a must have for a reasonable price but Jay Van Berlo and Hayden Jolly are both delists with some potential. Neeld might be able to turn them round. They are both hard bodied enough to go from Game 1 2013.

Is stevens even out of contract?

Because after readinf the updated FA rules if west coast dont resign him then we can just approach him directly and not have to give up any picks

Because after readinf the updated FA rules if west coast dont resign him then we can just approach him directly and not have to give up any picks

I am following you around of late, sorry for that.

But this isn't true.

Player at a club for 8+ years + OOC = RFA.

Player at a club for 8+ years + OOC (and outside top 25% earners) = UFA.

Player at a club for 10+ years (must have previously come OOC after 8+ years of service) + OOC = UFA

Player delisted = UFA (Clubs are not compensated)

Your example: Player at a club for 7- years + OOC = Club has player rights, player may go into ND or PSD.

Hope that helps.

Edited by rpfc

Guest Rassilon

Unbelievably relaxed.

Answer the questions.

Good. Now back on topic - I would hate to bore you.

Hope we have a crack at Stevens just the profile of the player we need.

But this isn't true.

Player at a club for 10+ years (must have previously come OOC after 8+ years of service) + OOC = UFA

Your example: Player at a club for 7- years + OOC = Club has player rights, player may go into ND or PSD.

Hope that helps.

Reading the rules explanation on the mfc website today, if a club delists a player the player can go to any club he chooses. No compo to team that delisted him. I don't think WC will delist him but if they do he can be picked up for nothing if he decides to come to us.

Guest Rassilon

Im pretty sure he is out of contract - great opportunity for us.

Reading the rules explanation on the mfc website today, if a club delists a player the player can go to any club he chooses. No compo to team that delisted him. I don't think WC will delist him but if they do he can be picked up for nothing if he decides to come to us.

Yes, it's called Delisted FA and starts Nov 1. Suddenly takes half those chosen in the PSD out of that draft...

Nearly time to say goodbye to that draft. Although it still, marginally, helps the lower ranked teams.

Guest Rassilon

Yes, it's called Delisted FA and starts Nov 1. Suddenly takes half those chosen in the PSD out of that draft...

Nearly time to say goodbye to that draft. Although it still, marginally, helps the lower ranked teams.

Best think about it - it forces clubs to the trade table. I have a feeling we might see a little more activity than normal.

But this isn't true.

Hope that helps.

I'm always happy to have discussions with knowledgeable footy fans which you seem to be.

My proposal of approaching him directly and not giving up picks was on the premise that he wasn't resigned by the eagles which would put him into the "delisted FA" bracket...i may not have been as clear as i could have been, or i still might be missing something.

Is there any media speculation linking MFC to stevens?

If there is, given the lack of opportunities out west and how late in the year it is and they haven't put pen to paper, is there any chance he could walk?

And would walking make him a "delisted FA"

I'm always happy to have discussions with knowledgeable footy fans which you seem to be.

My proposal of approaching him directly and not giving up picks was on the premise that he wasn't resigned by the eagles which would put him into the "delisted FA" bracket...i may not have been as clear as i could have been, or i still might be missing something.

Is there any media speculation linking MFC to stevens?

If there is, given the lack of opportunities out west and how late in the year it is and they haven't put pen to paper, is there any chance he could walk?

And would walking make him a "delisted FA"

He wouldn't be a Delisted FA unless he was 'delisted'.

It's like the difference between Bennell and Petterd. Both OOC, both possibly moving on, but at the first list lodgement I would wager that Bennell will be delisted and Petterd not. If we don't trade him and don't re-sign him he can go into one of the drafts.

So Stevens is unlikely to be a Delisted FA. The only way to get him for 'free' is to get him to 'walk' into the PSD or the ND.

On other threads it mentions that players cant be traded in the first year of a new contract.

Stevens is currently out of contract so if he resigns he cant be traded?

Therefore this entire thread amounts to "will stevens walk out on eagles and if so should we use an ND pick on him or hope he falls through to the PSD?"

Why is he not getting a game?

There must be some reasons.

Anyone from WA on here may have heard..

Seen him play a bit hard honest has desire and hunger.

Gets a lot of it at WAFL level due to superior fitness, under pressure turns the ball over a bit.

In summing him up good for depth but only if he comes cheap.

Seen him play a bit hard honest has desire and hunger.

Gets a lot of it at WAFL level due to superior fitness, under pressure turns the ball over a bit.

In summing him up good for depth but only if he comes cheap.

Being a swannies supporter, and watchig their final vrs the sharks on the weekend i dont think he'd give us more than Nicholson/Magner/Couch/Tapscott etc.

As you said PsD, he's tries hard and is tough enough, but he doesnt have that extra something that makes you think - this guy should be playing AFL. I guess thast why he's not?!

On other threads it mentions that players cant be traded in the first year of a new contract.

Stevens is currently out of contract so if he resigns he cant be traded?

Therefore this entire thread amounts to "will stevens walk out on eagles and if so should we use an ND pick on him or hope he falls through to the PSD?"

Or we trade for him...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 20

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 527

PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Sunday, 12th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Blues in the Round 09. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE:

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

VOTES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jake Lever, Jack Viney & Clayton Oliver make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 39

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demons were blown out of the water in the first quarter and clawed their way back into the contest but it was a case of too little too late as they lost another close one to Carlton losing by 1 point at the MCG.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 486

GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again headlining another blockbuster at the MCG to kick off the round of footy. The Dees take on the Blues and have the opportunity to win their third game on the trot to solidify a spot in the Top 4 in addition to handing the Blues their third consecutive defeat to bundle them out of the Top 8.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 959

MELBOURNE BUSINESS by The Oracle

In days of old, this week’s Thursday night AFL match up between the Demons and the Blues would be framed on the basis of the need to redress the fact that Carlton “stole” last year’s semi final away from Melbourne and with it, their hopes for the premiership.  A hot gospelling coach might point out to his charges that they were the better team on the night in all facets and that poor kicking for goal and a couple of lapses at the death cost them what was rightfully theirs. Moreover, now was

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

• Podcast 

• Podcast 

• Podcast Stream 

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  

• 2021 Premiership  

• Social Media 

• Non MFC Games  

NON-MFC: Round 10

Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 10 ... READ MORE

Demonland | Round 10

• PreGame      

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 18

• Match Preview      

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a danger game awaits ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 16

• Latest Podcast      

PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The boys dissected the agonisingly disappointing 1 point loss to Carlton lamenting giving the Blues a 6 goal head start and praising Trac for almost single handedly snatching victory from the jaws of defeat ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 13

• Casey Report      

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 12

• Match Report      

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 10

• Post Game      

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demons were blown out of the water in the first quarter and clawed their way back into the contest but it was a case of too little too late as they lost another close one to Carlton losing by 1 point at the MCG ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Votes      

VOTES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jake Lever, Jack Viney & Clayton Oliver make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Game Day      

GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again headlining another blockbuster at the MCG to kick off the round of footy. The Dees take on the Blues and have the opportunity to win their third game on the trot to solidify a spot in the Top 4 in addition to handing the Blues their third consecutive defeat to bundle them out of the Top 8 ... READ MORE

Demonland | May 09

• Player Interview  

PODCAST: Kade Chandler Interview

I interview Kade Chandler about his road from being overlooked in the draft to his rookie listing to his apprenticeship as a sub to VFL premiership player to his breakout 2023 season to mainstay in the Forward line and much more ... LISTEN

Demonland | May 01

• Training  

Monday, 29th April 2024

Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin was on hand at Gosch's Paddock for Monday's training session and made the following observations ... READ MORE

Demonland | April 29

• Next Match 

Round 10

vs   

Sunday 19th May 2024
    @ 06:20pm (OS)

• MFC Forum  

• Match Previews & Reports  

• Training Forum  

• AFLW Forum  

• 2024 Player Sponsorship

• Topics