Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

Great draft night boys.

Enjoyed the smokies going early which really did throw everything out the window... I for one had no intention of picking 5 midfielders inside my first 6 picks.

Very interesting to see where everyone's priorities lay; again ruckmen were a premium as were a few backman that went early and I was a bit disappointed I didn't get my hands on.

Relatively happy with my team. Should be an interesting year.

I think I surprised DD with taking Jamar earlier than expected but I had an issue last year with finding a reliable ruckman to partner Hale so once I got Selwood and Bartel it was time to get a ruckman.

I'm both elated and disappointed with my draft. I went in with the view of stocking my mids and defence but I severely neglected my forward line. Quite happy with Ablett and I think my backs stack up with the rest. McEvoy being Saints only ruck should help me, as Goldstein did for me last year.

B Enright Fisher Bock Hargrave....Jaensch Pittard

C Ablett Montagna J.McVeigh Robinson Palmer...Masten McLean C.Smith S.Hogan

R.McEvoy... Koschitske

F Tippett Knights Butcher M.Johnson(D/F)...Harper Hill Veszpremi

Time will tell, Butcher and Tippett are both capable of goals but not sure how consistent they'll be. Relying on break out years from Palmer, Robinson, Masten.

Good luck to everybody. If you see something you like on my list (not Ablett), send a trade offer my way

Backs: Goddard © Hurley Grundy Hurn ... Schoenmakers R.Shaw Buntine

Centres: Griffen (vc) Kerr Rich D.Swallow Bastinac ... Armitage Conca Polec Atley

Forwards: Waite Jurrah O'Keefe Byrnes ... Callinan

Rucks: Leuenberger ... J.Griffen Sellar

A nicely rounded squad, quality across the park and a smattering of dual position players in Hurley (B/F), Goddard (B/C), O'Keefe (C/F), Rhys Shaw (B/C) and even Sellar (R/F). No Swan or Ablett in midfield but my on-ball rotations bat deep and opposing defences will have their hands full with a Waite - Jurrah forward line combo. Grundy and Hurn to provide the rebounding grunt in defence and very happy to secure one of the comp's elite tap ruckmen in Leuenberger with my second pick, #21 overall.

Precociously talented youngsters D.Swallow, Bastinac, Conca, Polec and Atley should also give Range Rover fans plenty to crow about heading into round 1, with any and all of them possibilities to have break-out seasons.

Open to trading J. Griffen if someone needs a decent ruckman. Averages 30+ hit-outs and 14 possies a game. Dare I say it ... we couldn't believe our luck when he slid to #309. Make me an offer ...

Game on ladies!

Loved the statement,--- we couldn't believe our luck when he slid to #309. Make me an offer.What's this we, get help did ya...?

Didn;t think you would need any- I can assure you, I picked my team solo.

I have unfortunately learnt the brutal truth of pre-ranked picks.

Terrible team no depth with multiple injuries. Wish me luck!

Hey you are the winner of last year- you never give up. Your the champ.

One area that has changed since last year - seems to be the frees.Please can someone explain the new system here.Last year we had free for and frees against.How does this year go ?

thanks.

One area that has changed since last year - seems to be the frees.Please can someone explain the new system here.Last year we had free for and frees against.How does this year go ?

thanks.

Frees differential. For - Against.

Frees differential. For - Against.

as an interested party, what does this mean this year, one earnt if granted a free kick, one against if a free was awarded against you.What happens this year? Please advise.

Edited by jayceebee31

So I've just spent my day sending out trade requests. Maybe tomorrow I can get back to work...

Just went and checked half expecting to see you offering Michael Newton for my top pick but I think it's an excellent offer Robbo and have accepted hoping it benefits both of us.

Let me get back to you on Priddis he was my best player last year so I have an attraction to him but I'll keep you posted!

as an interested party, what does this mean this year, one earnt if granted a free kick, one against if a free was awarded against you.What happens this year? Please advise.

It's in the name instead of 2 categories for both frees for and frees against this year there will simply be one category called frees differential.

So if your team incurs 8 FF and 4 FA your differential will be +4 etc etc and therefore if your opponent had 5 FF and 11 FA his diff is -6 and you comprehensively win that category and point..understand it?

Just went and checked half expecting to see you offering Michael Newton for my top pick but I think it's an excellent offer Robbo and have accepted hoping it benefits both of us.

Let me get back to you on Priddis he was my best player last year so I have an attraction to him but I'll keep you posted!

I learnt last year that you have to be reasonable for people to be reasonable in return. No use offering up ridiculous picks... Or undervaluing Dees players! Anyway, happy with this trade.

Montagna / McVeigh available for a goal kicker... Any interest?

Might be able to help you out with Hamish Mac

Make me a decent offer & we can see what unfolds

Okey doke. What do you need though?

I think I surprised DD with taking Jamar earlier than expected but I had an issue last year with finding a reliable ruckman to partner Hale so once I got Selwood and Bartel it was time to get a ruckman.

I know, right? I went into this year seeing probably 10 decent starting ruckmen... Cox and Sandi up the top end, all the way down to Jamar, Macintosh, Leuie, Warnock, Kreuzer, Ryder etc etc... I thought for sure I'd get something middle of the road around 100-150... but they were ALL gone, and Macintish was the only one left. Picking twice in quick succession is all well and good, but you have to wait 34 picks til you get your go, and if you have a player you want, the chance SOMEONE else in there will want them earlier is that much greater.

I have unfortunately learnt the brutal truth of pre-ranked picks.

Terrible team no depth with multiple injuries. Wish me luck!

So you're saying pre-ranked is bad? Did it auto pick for you? Yeah... I find the pre-ranked helps, but only if you can select yourself as you go with the list in there. I had players ranked highly, but I overlooked them because of needs...

Montagna / McVeigh available for a goal kicker... Any interest?

Which McVeigh? I'm interested in Monty... But I dunno if I have anything you'd want.

Well what can I say.... the 'bot' didnt do a bad job selecting my players. Some I would have not chosen, and some I would have.

All in all, happy enough with my lot, so as Dappa stated last year, auto-picks arent a bad way to go. I would have preferred

to do it myself, I liked it last year, the pressure and taking a punt of a few unknowns, ie Heppell, what a gem he turned out to be last year. I have the 'boys' out on the track, we hope to improve from last years flop, Goddard, Montagna Didak

Gilbee, all had shockers. New season, new team, let the games begin.

I just dumped a rookie, and signed another player, if I remember correctly, last year I could do a straight drop 1 player

sign another, and it was done, this time I have a waiver pending 2 days for approval. Did I do it wrong, or something changed, or am I suffering from memory fade??

Well done Jack, good luck to the other teams for the year, nearly 12 hrs has passed, and I have yet to be bombarded from HT, requesting trades lol I am sure that will come sooner than later :)

Yeah that's weird. The waiver things was in effect last year... Maybe when you signed him you didn't check your list again for a couple of days, by which time noone had claimed him... and he was then a part of your list...

Yeah that's weird. The waiver things was in effect last year... Maybe when you signed him you didn't check your list again for a couple of days, by which time noone had claimed him... and he was then a part of your list...

JA I stress that is just a suggestion and I am biased because I did miss the draft thus my lower picks aren't desirable however is it possible to organise so you can make as many player changes as you want before round 1? Alot of water can go under the bridge until Round 1 just think is abit brutal to use some off your minimal 30 trades when it hasn't started....

Anyone agree/disagree?

JA I stress that is just a suggestion and I am biased because I did miss the draft thus my lower picks aren't desirable however is it possible to organise so you can make as many player changes as you want before round 1? Alot of water can go under the bridge until Round 1 just think is abit brutal to use some off your minimal 30 trades when it hasn't started....

Anyone agree/disagree?

Wait a tic. I think you're allowed to sign/delist as much as you like before round 1. At least that's how it was last year. It's just that waivers still apply... Do I have that right?

It's in the name instead of 2 categories for both frees for and frees against this year there will simply be one category called frees differential.

So if your team incurs 8 FF and 4 FA your differential will be +4 etc etc and therefore if your opponent had 5 FF and 11 FA his diff is -6 and you comprehensively win that category and point..understand it?

Thanks for update.

• Like 1

Waivers apply until tomorrow I think.

Unlimited trading

A total of 30 signings from the reserve list, if you can find 30 reserve listed players that can improve your list throughout the season then your biggest problem won't be reaching 30 too soon, it will be the quality of your already listed players.

Which McVeigh? I'm interested in Monty... But I dunno if I have anything you'd want.

Its J.McVeigh. Riewoldt or Van Berlo I like on yours. Perhaps a package deal of sorts might be sorted somehow? I'll throw one your way

Jurrah gone for who knows how long. Forward line now looks iffy a day after the draft.

Welcome to UF Season '012.

It's one of the things I really like about UF because last year can't remember the poor bugger who got Lenny Hayes but after the Grand Final Norm Smith and a good year he was a top 10 pick. 4 weeks in he was nothing.

So excited for Round 1. Thank god I don't have any Brisbane players because I often find myself barracking for the individual but god I want that win Round 1.

Reminiscent of Brian Lake last year for me, predraft looking like an amazing year following his previous year - yep burnt on my first round pick..... GRRR

It's one of the things I really like about UF because last year can't remember the poor bugger who got Lenny Hayes but after the Grand Final Norm Smith and a good year he was a top 10 pick. 4 weeks in he was nothing.

So excited for Round 1. Thank god I don't have any Brisbane players because I often find myself barracking for the individual but god I want that win Round 1.

Don't get to excited DL7

I intend to destroy your season nice & early in 2012