Denham's problems with Melbourne

Redleg

That is why Denham hates Melbourne - we made him look like an imbecile.

Nail on head and when callers and KB questioned his "expert comments", he just kept backing us and we kept losing.

Think even went as far as saying we will bounce back in 08. Can't blame "sources" getting it wrong there Greg.

BTW I don't care about Denham he's a [censored] but all he's doing in this case is echoing the sentiment of the rest of the football World, don't shoot the messenger have a look at the message.

Happy to. If it is eloquent and coherent enough to be useful.

Epithets and vague indignations are rarely useful.

Easy way to shut Denham up...........win finals, and flags..................over to you MFC!

Well done to those few MFC supporters who rang up and took him to task as well......................great to hear!

Love SEN, even listen over the internet at work, but Bartlet's I genrally find the dguy on 9 - 12 annoying, and his guests pretty much are the same. This morning's carp is enough for me, so shall take the obvious step and turn it off. Pitt really coz the rest fo the shows are great.

Attention SEN advertisers, don't bother paying for the 9 to 12 timeslot.

Happy to. If it is eloquent and coherent enough to be useful.

Epithets and vague indignations are rarely useful.

Like a lot of your posts concise but not to any point.

What are your thioughts on the MFC do you just tow the line or do you actually have an independant view?

Like a lot of your posts concise but not to any point.

What are your thioughts on the MFC do you just tow the line or do you actually have an independant view?

So my posts have no point and I just 'tow the line' of the MFC...

lol

Why, if you feel this, do you care what I think?

Oh, and I think you misread an earlier post in this thread where I think you made the leap that I don't care about any problems people think we have. What I said was I don't care about perceptions, I care about fixing any issues that have arisen.

I am not this 'brainwashed, unquestioning, overpositive evil' that you seem intent on calling out on Demonland every few weeks...

Easy way to shut Denham up...........win finals, and flags..................over to you MFC!

Well done to those few MFC supporters who rang up and took him to task as well......................great to hear!

Fair comment- we seem to be getting goood press for having a go at getting Clark from Brisbane although I feel we are paying overs for him if we succeed.Re Denham, I feel his comments are reasonable from where we have been.

Heard the hour this morning with GD and KB.

First KB played a call from a listener calling GB the "Unaccurate One"

Then KB tackled him about saying earlier on in the week that Clooney was being offered for trade by the Dogs.

And that JF from the Dogs had said on SEN that it was not the case, he had no idea where this came from.

The inference was that someone was telling pork pies.

From that point on GD's humour dropped through the flooor.

GD said "that on monday two clubs told him the dogs where offering up Clooney"

After being challenged by a caller about the clooney story 15 minutes later "the Two clubs" became "several".

In my opinion he was very rattled and then lashed out at the dees.

KB made a number of comments to him about being very hard on Melbourne.

IMO GD came off looking petulant .

Through all this I thought KB stood up for the Dees.

Edited by old dee

So my posts have no point and I just 'tow the line' of the MFC...

lol

Why, if you feel this, do you care what I think?

Oh, and I think you misread an earlier post in this thread where I think you made the leap that I don't care about any problems people think we have. What I said was I don't care about perceptions, I care about fixing any issues that have arisen.

I am not this 'brainwashed, unquestioning, overpositive evil' that you seem intent on calling out on Demonland every few weeks...

That's it, get angry, show some emotion, good stuff. I prefer that to your constant berating others on here because the put one too mant exclamation marks in their post.

BTW one thing creates the other; problems and lethargy at the club and amongst the supporters create the perceptions others have of us, this in turn causes players looking around to dismiss us as an option.

Greg Who?

Who cares. The more hated we are the better.

I'd rather be hated than not thought of positively or negatively. It means people are noticing us.

Honestly.. who gives a [censored]. I'm surprised by a lot of you guys. A lot of you are very paranoid Melbourne supporters.

Martin Flanagan wrote a beautiful rejoinder in the Age to the "Melbourne stands for nothing" mantra.

I think it was published after he had spent that year with us (2008???).

A few weeks ago Patrick Smith (also on Bartlet's SEN program) came out with that same hack line. I tried to find the article so I could phone Bartlet and Smith and ram Flanagan's words down their throats.

Unfortunately a search online produced no results.

Does anyone have access to Flanagan's article? If so could they post it here for us all to read (and maybe ram it down the collective Denham/Smith/Bartlett throat!

That's it, get angry, show some emotion, good stuff. I prefer that to your constant berating others on here because the put one too mant exclamation marks in their post.

BTW one thing creates the other; problems and lethargy at the club and amongst the supporters create the perceptions others have of us, this in turn causes players looking around to dismiss us as an option.

Yes, two posts of mine have pointed out an overuse of punctuation...

Sue me.

And my point if you give a flying, Robbie - is that I don't care how Denham/Smith/Robinson/Sheahan perceive the club. I care about particular problems and issues. I relaise perception is important as I said and you ignored earlier - PR is important, I just don't give a fig about it.

And 'lethargy of supporters'?!

Get of your self-righteous high horse or let me stay on mine, you can't have both.

Greg Who? Who cares. The more hated we are the better. I'd rather be hated than not thought of positively or negatively. It means people are noticing us. Honestly.. who gives a [censored]. I'm surprised by a lot of you guys. A lot of you are very paranoid Melbourne supporters.

We need to be hated for the right reasons!! :) Most of the hate that comes our way is tainted with pity.

I think you will find that most on here would LOVE to be hated by supporters of other clubs because of what the club HAS achieved, not what the club has failed to achieve.

Martin Flanagan wrote a beautiful rejoinder in the Age to the "Melbourne stands for nothing" mantra.

I think it was published after he had spent that year with us (2008???).

A few weeks ago Patrick Smith (also on Bartlet's SEN program) came out with that same hack line. I tried to find the article so I could phone Bartlet and Smith and ram Flanagan's words down their throats.

Unfortunately a search online produced no results.

Does anyone have access to Flanagan's article? If so could they post it here for us all to read (and maybe ram it down the collective Denham/Smith/Bartlett throat!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/jimmy-unity-and-a-sense-of-history-help-lift-melbourne-20100811-11zp9.html

Here you go.

Yes, two posts of mine have pointed out an overuse of punctuation...

Sue me.

And my point if you give a flying, Robbie - is that I don't care how Denham/Smith/Robinson/Sheahan perceive the club. I care about particular problems and issues. I relaise perception is important as I said and you ignored earlier - PR is important, I just don't give a fig about it.

And 'lethargy of supporters'?!

Get of your self-righteous high horse or let me stay on mine, you can't have both.

I think somewhere in there you were having a go at me I'm just mot sure where.

I'm not on any self-rightous high horse, I'm just as guilty and just as lethargic as the rest of our supporters, I've just been doing it longer.

I think somewhere in there you were having a go at me I'm just mot sure where.

I'm not on any self-rightous high horse, I'm just as guilty and just as lethargic as the rest of our supporters, I've just been doing it longer.

Me too

This whole argument about what we 'stand for' is an empty, intellectually vacant heap of horse excrement fired under extreme pressure...or under almost no pressure. What do hawthorn 'stand for'...what does essendon 'stand for'...what does brisbane stand for...? They are football teams and they stand for playing football. That is it.

RPFC is right - it is all down to PR. Are we really going to start thinking about the value the club has based on what a PR company wants to say about us...really? Seriously? The blues stand for cheating - have done for years - and the cats were called 'handbaggers' for years - does anyone really care? If you give a stuff about what pony-tailed, suit-wearing mouth-breathing bogans say about you then you need an appointment with the oft-sited cup of concrete.

Lord save us from our own!

This whole argument about what we 'stand for' is an empty, intellectually vacant heap of horse excrement fired under extreme pressure...or under almost no pressure. What do hawthorn 'stand for'...what does essendon 'stand for'...what does brisbane stand for...? They are football teams and they stand for playing football. That is it.

RPFC is right - it is all down to PR. Are we really going to start thinking about the value the club has based on what a PR company wants to say about us...really? Seriously? The blues stand for cheating - have done for years - and the cats were called 'handbaggers' for years - does anyone really care? If you give a stuff about what pony-tailed, suit-wearing mouth-breathing bogans say about you then you need an appointment with the oft-sited cup of concrete.

Lord save us from our own!

If our image is not an issue then prey tell why no top footballer wants to come to Melbourne?

I don't care about the buzz words like "what do they stand for" I care more about our acceptability and image in the general football community, I care about why our number one recruit has so many missgivings about our club. I care about the fact that no one takes us seriously and that we are seen to be just making up the numbers. I care that we are pitied by other club's supporters.

If you don't, then that's just another part of the problem.

the fact that Westpac wrote off 5 million in Geelong debt (under threat of not being able to do business in Geelong and unlike MFC supporters who dipped into their own pockets),

I really gald someone at last brought up this fact - Westpac took at huge write down, whihc as a shareholder in my view was nothing short of scandalous, and good luck to Costa and Co. for pulling off the deal - somehow.

But let's not laud the cats for clawing their way out of thier debt prrobelms - they simply took the soft option like many do.

The Dees did it the honorable way and Denahm would't have a clue. he's just a News Ltd. hack

Schwab seriously researched the identity issue, incluidng a in-depth study of Barcelona FC for example, and I like the way he's gone about it. I don't need it but some may and that's OK.

i woke up to Denham getting stuck into the MFC & i wanted to punch him hard.

He then said Wet Coke was a professional "well run" club..

We must remember this day & remind Greg later.

Tool of the highest order.

They have a pharmacist for a coach.

Strange he didn't know about Cousins habit?