DON"T LOOK BACK

Demonland

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, we need to move on ASAP.

However, is there a more hypocritical organisation than the AFL which is preaching restraint and crying poor over the players collective bargaining agreement whilst paying above the odds to get players to GC & GWS?

Agree the AFL has a lot to answer for in us losing our #1 draft pick after putting 2 years of hard training into the guy.

Hypocrites, basically.

It's not often I agree with Kennett's big mouth on football issues, but like he said the AFL is power (& $$$) hungry and making itself bigger than our game.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-president-jeff-kennett-slams-afl-dictator-andrew-demetriou/story-e6frf9jf-1226063320813

Time for the AFL to stand up for MFC in a situation like this. We'll see...

Frankly I couldn't give a stuff. Good player (I think) but $6 million worth - never! And if we'd kept him and paid him $600k PA I'd have been ashamed because others are worth so much more to us.

I'd be more concerned if it was Frawley, Trengove, Watts or Grimes who were being targeted by GWS because they and Tapscott, Blease, Garland, Jurrah, McKenzie and others are the future of this club.

I would love Scully to have stayed but as good as he "may" become he's only one player!

A new coach, a revamped football department and money to spend - we move on!

I need to purge myself of anger......to the AFL for allowing this farce to occur where a cashed up new club can buy a young # 1 draft pick from a struggling club.....and to you personally Scully...get out of my life

I agree...I have said little on this topic to date but now I feel for all the people in the club and on the site who supported TS. Even having avatars with his picture and such words as I believe in Tom. That I went to games which for the first time in our long history we knew we were not planning to win and that I cheered for goals from opposition clubs makes me sick to the core. I fully supported what the club was doing at this time to help ensure our future success hoping we would get the gun player from a super draft. This whole saga which started as far back as 2009 has had a dramatic effect on the club. Although yes, we must move on, I would fully support any protests or rioting that may come through this dour episode in both the AFL and MFCs history. You make me sick Scully. And no I don't wish you good luck.

FFS Rhino it takes just seconds to remove your avatar

or are you trying to make some sort of obtuse statement

I know right. Someone preaching common sense with a Sully avatar.

Are you trying to prove a point?

i just hope he looked Jimmy in the eye and told him he was leaving.

i also hope luke tapscott shirtfronts him into 1947

then i will move on

I'd pay to see that.

Scully is still best mates with Sammy Blease, and if the GWS don't use up all of their allocations for out of contracted players they are allowed to approach players next season. Blease is out of contract next season, this worries me a little.

If your best mate is public enemy #1, this can't be a comfortable environment for you to work/play in. Just some food for thought.

We can move on from Scully, but will his ties with his best mate come back and haunt us next season? Losing Scully is one thing, but losing Scully and Blease in consecutive years would be soul destroying.

They can only poach one player from each club, regardless of how many previously taken. If they want anyone else from our list they have to trade like everyone else. I think it's safe to say we'd play hardball over any further trades with them.

Well, thank our lucky stars that when the MFC tossed a coin to decide whether Scully or Trengove would be nominated as #1, it came up Scully #1.

I expect GWS would have tried to poach #1 regardless of the player's performance just for the publicity. (In fact it seems they did -I think we get to keep the better player.)

Am now considering if Scully lied to his best mate Blease and the playing group.

I was pretty close with Bleasy on Twitter for a little bit, until he unfollowed me lol.

From all signs he was adamant he would be staying. The web of lies and [censored] is becoming deeper by the second!

we should tank the [censored] out of next season, say finish 3rd last, get picks 3,4,9 and just go bang from then

I want to see some success at the club. Breeding a culture of losing and tanking is not the way to go.

Lets not move on - we can debate until the cows come home when this "deal" was a "done deal". And Jimmy is right in saying that the current GWS scenario forces players to lie. This is not going to go away because we are coming into the new era of free agency and more lying, perceived lying, charades, players protesting innocence will take place.

We, the AFL and the clubs, need to stop being children and adopt the NRL model. When you sign up with another club or are looking to move, you sign up ( or signal your intentions) and say - next season I'm with the Lions/Saints/whatever. What will happen is the clubs in the hunt for the flag will play their leaving players as winning is everything. The players out of the running for the flag may drop their defectors ( the problematic part is if the players existing contract may have bonus's for games played, goals, B&F votes etc etc)

We will hate it for 5 years and then it will be the accepted norm. It happens in most other professional sports - it should in happen ours.

Well, thank our lucky stars that when the MFC tossed a coin to decide whether Scully or Trengove would be nominated as #1, it came up Scully #1.

I expect GWS would have tried to poach #1 regardless of the player's performance just for the publicity. (In fact it seems they did -I think we get to keep the better player.)

No...a predator understands its prey. Trengove is a Demon. Scully is a different beast.

Lets not move on - we can debate until the cows come home when this "deal" was a "done deal". And Jimmy is right in saying that the current GWS scenario forces players to lie. This is not going to go away because we are coming into the new era of free agency and more lying, perceived lying, charades, players protesting innocence will take place.

We, the AFL and the clubs, need to stop being children and adopt the NRL model. When you sign up with another club or are looking to move, you sign up ( or signal your intentions) and say - next season I'm with the Lions/Saints/whatever. What will happen is the clubs in the hunt for the flag will play their leaving players as winning is everything. The players out of the running for the flag may drop their defectors ( the problematic part is if the players existing contract may have bonus's for games played, goals, B&F votes etc etc)

We will hate it for 5 years and then it will be the accepted norm. It happens in most other professional sports - it should in happen ours.

Yep it is done now...We just need excellent Compensation, & i mean excellent.

Fock what Mike Sheahan just said....$6 Million in 6 years means they really wanted him, & they may see a far better Tom than we were allowed to.

The MFC has been violated today...and we must stand up. First Ju$$ now $cully......Never Again

Get Better Get Stronger.

Fock what Mike Sheahan just said....$6 Million in 6 years means they really wanted him, & they may see a far better Tom than we were allowed to.

As I posted elsewhere - Alternatively, GWS couldn't afford the embarrassment of him not signing at this stage. Downside for them after all this was bigger than for us (at least in PR terms). Let's hope they lose the gamble.

Hardball over further trades, nevertheless both compos + Warnock for the first pick would be worth it for O'Meara

Yeah.. that's hardball alright.

If like people suggest Sheeds has it in for us he will refuse to trade with us. It would be spiteful but not surprising.

I mean he is a retarded ding-bat, after all.