Ross Lyon

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to wait for some confirmation at least. There isn't anything on either the AFL website, the Melbourne website or the StKilda website.

.... feeling the same here, none of the Herald Sun guys have tweeted (pretty quick of the mark!) Foxsports hasn't mentioned it, SEN has nothing, heck I couldn't even see anything on Bigfooty :wacko:

Just this reference to channel 10 news announcement. Would have thought on a fairly slow Tuesday (after yesterday)

not saying it is not true just nothing on any media 'bout it.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-sport-blog/lyon-to-remain-with-saints-report/20110913-1k7kt.html

Listening to this, Lyon is to speak @ 11am tomorrow to his players, it doesn't say FACT at all.

It sounds "likely" I'll admit, but it's not definitive. By your interpretation it is FACT that Scott Burns will be coaching Melb next year. (I hope that comment doesn't come back to bite me! haha)

Where is the announcement?

That's what i'd like to know as well. Earlier on in the day everyone was up in arms when SEN were stipulating that Lyon was meeting with the Saints players' to say he was going to the Demons, obviously a smoking gun. Now on the back of a 2 second piece at the end of a sports report (the likes of which a year 2 student could have done) it's all changed again???

LOL, please either way, whatever decision Lyon comes to will be sports leading stuff, not some whimsical piece of jargon. The gullibility of some people on these boards is unbelievable. I wouldn't put it past some here to start to believe rumour and innuendo coming from a brick wall. Getting excited because of some cr@p from SEN saying he's leaving, now getting upset because of "late mail" that he is staying. Talk about impulsive.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-sport-blog/lyon-to-remain-with-saints-report/20110913-1k7kt.html

Listening to this, Lyon is to speak @ 11am tomorrow to his players, it doesn't say FACT at all.

It sounds "likely" I'll admit, but it's not definitive. By your interpretation it is FACT that Scott Burns will be coaching Melb next year. (I hope that comment doesn't come back to bite me! haha)

This, 3AW's reference was exactly the same as everyone elses on this forum.

announced on 3aw as FACT !!!

DONE DEAL. !!!!!!!!!!

My neice was at Triple M MVP today and heard Garry say Ross Lyon is a done deal, he met Craig Kelly today and Lyon will coach us for next 5 years at a million a year. I know its heresay but its getting louder and it will happen.

http://www.3aw.com.a...0913-1k7kt.html

this is absurd !!

dwayne russell thought he was set up by gerard ..

after it was announced on the 3aw news AFTER that "gerard", link comment at 7pm. as signed new deal with saints.

THEN TOOK CALLERS, are u happy out there to " SAINTS FANS".. a few rang in to say VERY HAPPY !!!

the scott burns comment is only gerards opinion at this stage that he would be a good fit with neil craig as assistant..

My neice was at Triple M MVP today and heard Garry say Ross Lyon is a done deal, he met Craig Kelly today and Lyon will coach us for next 5 years at a million a year. I know its heresay but its getting louder and it will happen.

I reckon for all intensive purposes on the new coach possibility, that Ross Lyon be typed as RL and Garry Lyon as GL. Only because reading Lyon says that Lyon is doing this or that it can get a little confusing, :wacko:

this is absurd !!

after it was announced on the 3aw news AFTER that "gerard", link comment at 7pm. as signed new deal with saints.

THEN TOOK CALLERS, are u happy out there to " SAINTS FANS".. a few rang in to say VERY HAPPY !!!

the scott burns comment is only gerards opinion at this stage that he would be a good fit with neil craig as assistant..

Do you find it strange that a story as big as this has not gone anywhere except effectively off one source that seems unsubstantiated.

Seriously the AFL Media would be over this immediately if true and the Saints website would have announced it, but there is nothing on:

AFL site / Saints site

Herald Sun / The Age

Fox Sports

SEN

Heck even Big Footy hasn't really taken it up (except one thread in Saints Board which just references this same thing from Ch10 which 3AW has run with.)

Actually the Burns thing apparently referred to McLardy being over in Cottersloe talking with Scott Burns, so there "apparently" was a bit more than an opinion, and I was only taking the pi$$ with that one.

it is just very light on for information... let alone something that is FACT or confirmed wouldn't you agree?

Edited by Oucher

Sorry but Garry would not be walking around telling people if true. Unless your niece was having breakfast at gazz's and throwing toast around the kitchen, she may have miss heard the conversation.

Sorry but Garry would not be walking around telling people if true. Unless your niece was having breakfast at gazz's and throwing toast around the kitchen, she may have miss heard the conversation.

F%$k#n Gold!

this is absurd !!

now me thinks gerard knows more than he lets on !!!

he has quoted WHISPERS AS DON MCLARDY SEEN IN PERTH TO MAYBE INTERVIEW SCOTT BURNS.. & CAM SCHWAB.

SEEN HAVING DISCUSSIONS WITH NEIL CRAIG..

not confirmed " but"??

Do you find it strange that a story as big as this has not gone anywhere except effectively off one source that seems unsubstantiated.

Seriously the AFL Media would be over this immediately if true and the Saints website would have announced it, but there is nothing on:

is just very light on for information... let alone something that is FACT or confirmed wouldn't you agree?

SAINTS WILL ANNOUNCE TOMORROW.!!

AS RL STAYING FOR ? TERM..

What now????? Surely Garry Lyon will look at Eade i dont want Scott Burns or any other assistants, the only one i would have is Neeld cuz hes been at Collingwood. Maybe Thompson and Malthouse are smokies still?

From what I've read in terms of reports, Neeld is basically signed at Adelaide.

Sorry but if OX hasn't said anything then it's not true!

Gold.

Either way Lyon will need to commit one way or the other ASAP in both cases.

The Saints will want to know ASAP so that if he is going they can get in the coach race ASAP.

The Demons will also want to know ASAP so they can continue with other candidates ASAP.

(Don't think i typed ASAP enough then..........ASAP)

Either way i reckon by end of this week or very early next week at the latest there will be an answer on Ross Lyon.

I really am sick of looking at four million websites to try and find the latest news on who our coach is. I hate the fact that an opinion is thrown up from healy,sheehan,Ox,sportsnewsfirst,my mum and the milkman (Stay away from my mum milkman!!) and it is taken as truth when nobody seems to know much at all. Everyone is telling us what they think and it is reported as fact and a lot of people including myself get sucked in everytime.

I really am sick of looking at four million websites to try and find the latest news on who our coach is. I hate the fact that an opinion is thrown up from healy,sheehan,Ox,sportsnewsfirst,my mum and the milkman (Stay away from my mum milkman!!) and it is taken as truth when nobody seems to know much at all. Everyone is telling us what they think and it is reported as fact and a lot of people including myself get sucked in everytime.

Here here !!

+1