Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Guest Darren Lamb

People seem quick to jump at the behest of an article that offers no evidence.

But it's ok, the Herald Sun has never been wrong before.

On a serious note, how long do we have to wait to find out compensation?

I recall some of the compo being announced almost instantaneously last year.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't believe it until you see him in a GWS jumper will you? I wish I had a little bit of hope left too, but this is all over.

What a disgusting situation the AFL have created.

They also repoted it on SEN and Channel 9 ......Major announcement regarding Tom Scully by GWS at Midday

Potentially a great player who in his time never really showed a great passion for the club. The MFC have been shafted however need to use it as motivation going into preseason and then when we run into GWS next year, show Tom $cully what he is missing out on.

Even though it is disappointing, I'm in the camp of thinking we may have dodged a bullet. It's more the thought that a player would shaft the club that hurts.

Guest Darren Lamb

If i hear any excuse other than money in the presser i will throw a brick through my TV. I'm looking forward to waving my wallet at him when hes walking up the MCG boundary line next time.

It's not just the money.

He gets free accommodation in a little players community at the resort-like Breakfast Point.

Somehow that's not circumventing the salary cap.

Interesting.

Can we sign our players and pay their rent for a year outside the cap too?

And another thing GWS provides - relative anonymity in Sydney.

Little does Scully realise that GWS have artificially created the media frenzy in Melbourne, right down to giving Hutchy details of when his plane arrives at Sydney airport.

Then "woosh!" magically the media dissolves as nobody cares in Sydney's west.

Maybe he told them no?

Thats right, for all we know he may have called Gary Lyon last night and told him the offer up here is too good to refuse, sorry mate but im signing with GWS today.

Guest Darren Lamb

Take your dirty money and f%&k off!

What happened to repaying the club that gave you your first opportunity.

I hereby declare that all future number 1 draft picks be named Jack!

How about just starts with a J, so we can settle on Jaeger?

You won't believe it until you see him in a GWS jumper will you? I wish I had a little bit of hope left too, but this is all over.

Its a disgusting situation of course, they forgot how much of a shark Sheedy can be. BUT remember Dustin Martin said no, so it says a lot about Scully's character (or lack of). I'd say it's also a sign of how far we have plummeted, but make no mistake, this was all organized last year, when the club and supporters were very optimistic about the future. And he was gone then. He only cares about the cash guys. Thats why he is such a "professional".

Confirmed via DemonsHQ TWitter.

Melbourne FC

@DemonsHQ Melbourne FC

As you have probably seen/heard Tom Scully is going to GWS. The Club was advised a short time ago and will respond later today.

Guest Darren Lamb

Thats right, for all we know he may have called Gary Lyon last night and told him the offer up here is too good to refuse, sorry mate but im signing with GWS today.

For all we know Garry said to him last week "look, we're actually better off with the 2 compo picks, and you'll never see that kinda money again - take it & run kid".

I would like to think that Tom would stay and I can understand the whole going up with the folks to check things out, it is a huge decision and I would certainly consult my folks on any life changing or career decision.

However I would have thought that the players would have been told first either way as a group!

Most of them have gone their own ways for holidays and to catch up with family interstate, so they would already know!

I thought Tom was going to go down the LeBron James path and hold a "decision special" to let us know of his intentions..........

He is gone. Easy to throw insults a the kid, but the truth is we lost a potential Brownlow medalist and that hurts. You don't offer 6 million to a kid that has a bit of talent, Scully is going to be a gun.

On the bright side, at least we have a player to hate on. MCG against us is going to be like seeing a bad Ex for him. Never going to be pleasant, and it is never going to go away.

I just hope GWS throw us a bone with the compensation.

Congratulations to Collingwood and Hawthorn, you are no longer my most hated teams. GWS I will hate for a very long time.

Guest Darren Lamb

I believe it now that I've heard it from the club.

I'm disappointed, but I understand the decision, and I think he's made the best one for his future.

Definitely can't blame him.

However, if I ever see him in the street, he's going to get a sharp kick to the knee when he's not looking.........

Take your dirty money and f%&k off!

What happened to repaying the club that gave you your first opportunity.

I hereby declare that all future number 1 draft picks be named Jack!

Scully owes us nothing for giving him an opportunity. Under the draft system, it's the other way around - he had no choice when he started and it was up to us to convince him to stay. That we couldn't convince him is not necessarily a significant failure on our behalf. And if you want to develop a conspiracy theory, why not float the idea that MFC didn't try that hard to compete because of his dodgy knee!

On balance, if we get a first round draft pick and an extra early pick, I think we'll do OK. Or, rather, if we draft well with those picks, we'll do OK.

Of course, while I think the GWS announcement will confirm Scully has signed - if he hasn't, the MFC has done exceptionally well to keep him. And the Herald Sun will be severely embarrassed. And that would make it a truly memorable day.

He is now officially "The Enemy"

All i hope for now is that he gets bone crunched between Moloney and Tapscott when we meet them.

and that when Jack Trengove is made captain , that he snubs him and doesnt shake his hand in the middle.

The little weasel!

Confirmed via DemonsHQ TWitter.

Melbourne FC

@DemonsHQ Melbourne FC

As you have probably seen/heard Tom Scully is going to GWS. The Club was advised a short time ago and will respond later today.

I'm absolutely shattered. I can't believe this is happening. Totally deflated.