Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

Ward had not publically denied speaking with them. If Scully has already signed, he may want to wait a week or two to announce it so he does not impact his reputation or marketability.

But GWS are a PR machine, they'ev repeatedly shown examples that they don't give a flying duck about anything but their own publicity. If they already have him then they'll be pushing hard to make an announcement asap.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ward had not publically denied speaking with them. If Scully has already signed, he may want to wait a week or two to announce it so he does not impact his reputation or marketability.

I don't think Gubby Allan would give a sh!t...

Guest Gareth Keenan

They should get McLean for that reason.

Get two years of leadership while they are shizen...

I think we've shown this season just how it can effect a side by having leaders that aren't able to perform.

But GWS are a PR machine, they'ev repeatedly shown examples that they don't give a flying duck about anything but their own publicity. If they already have him then they'll be pushing hard to make an announcement asap.

+1

THIS

GWS are about GWS and Sydney...they dont care about the rest of OZ.. They want to parade their ill gotten gain before their own adoring fans...( all two of them )

Well looks like Scully is gone!

EVERYONE who had their name linked to GWS has gone!

Or, now that someone else has signed with GWS, does it make it less likely Scully will go, since apparently the opposite is true..?

Theyve been quite a few names linked to GWS that didnt materialise. Theyve really only had a couple defect to date. There arent that many names left asssociated with a move and GWS have been adamanrt that theres a few left to announce. Now with Ward fessing up the likely spot(s) left are looking more and more likely to include one Tom Scully, as soon as he makes his announcement , I mean mind up :unsure:

They still had a big wad of moula left to throw around !

Id imagine the club is well overn this now and will be encouraging somethign forthcoming at the earliest.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Fwiw, that was a bit tongue in cheek - I understand the logic, but it works both ways.

I did read last week that Sheedy claimed he has a big name signed that has never been mentioned in rumours.

Been racking my brain as to who it could be, but I'm at a loss.

My guess is that it'll be a thoroughly underwhelming signing, like a Goldsack or a Chance Bateman.

Fwiw, that was a bit tongue in cheek - I understand the logic, but it works both ways.

I did read last week that Sheedy claimed he has a big name signed that has never been mentioned in rumours.

My guess is that it'll be a thoroughly underwhelming signing, like a Goldsack or a Chance Bateman.

Stevie Johnson is the rumour but highly inlikely i would have thought.

Stevie Johnson is the rumour but highly inlikely i would have thought.

The talk has been Sam Mitchell who is contracted

1/ For the first pick 17 year old - O'Meara

2/ A guarantee of no Hawks next year ( because GWS still could as Mitchell is contracted as opposed to uncontracted)

Keep in mind Sheedy has a want for talking about things in terms of Martians and Seagulls !! :lol:

You would have to think it's Pendlebury wouldn't you? I know there were rumours about it earlier this season (which is against Sheedy's claims), but why would a player of his quality, and playing in the current powerhouse, agree to a 1-year extension? Something doesn't sit right in that for me - perhaps he is unsure what sort of impact Buckley will have as a coach. I wouldn't have thought it was to prove himself at Collingwood to be able to demand more money (probably has done enough for that don't you think?).

The GWS signings this year will tell us a lot about who they are targeting next year. If they have a player like Pendlebury (A+ player), they will have to be paying him minimum of $1.2m a season, if not considerably more. If they are paying Ward $800-900k a season, they aren't leaving themselves much room to play with for ohter players at Ward's level of slightly higher (which I think Scully is at). I'd love to know how much Bock, Brown and Rischitelli are getting paid (each of those guys you would think would be more initial value than Ward and Scully).

Lucky Sylvia signed a couple days ago.

Just beat the 'Wants to be here' cut off...

and yet even as you say...one has...and one hasnt !!:rolleyes:

Interesting what Sylvia said about his "confidence" in the panel to find the next coach. I reckon the coach is "en route" once final are over (i.e. MM) and knowing that is making Toms decision soooooo hard (or at least long to announce)...

Interesting what Sylvia said about his "confidence" in the panel to find the next coach. I reckon the coach is "en route" once final are over (i.e. MM) and knowing that is making Toms decision soooooo hard (or at least long to announce)...

Colin wouldn't know if Malthose was 'en route.'

No-one would tell him. No players would be told.

Thankfully Garry has made some bold plays that have landed in the papers making it clear we mean business - evidently it has been seen by Colin.

He obviously go his Foxtel fixed...

Yeah they said on mmm a few weeks ago that GWS could have someone right out of left field that no one has even thought about and when its revealed it will be suprising. I cant see Sam Mitchell going because he has 3 young children under 2. I reckon he & his wife would want the family support around them and he wouldnt want to leave hawthorn. Plus he is contracted next year.

They just had Paul Conners on SEN with Harf and he said it wasnt all about the money, then harf said in all fairness if GWS only offered him abround 400,000 then he wouldnt have taken it. Conners said probably not but Ward was also excited about the people he would be playing with. Ward is doing a presser with GWS on wednesday where other team mates will be there.

Apparently he told Paul last week he thought his mind was made up.

Yeah they said on mmm a few weeks ago that GWS could have someone right out of left field that no one has even thought about and when its revealed it will be suprising. I cant see Sam Mitchell going because he has 3 young children under 2. I reckon he & his wife would want the family support around them and he wouldnt want to leave hawthorn. Plus he is contracted next year.

They just had Paul Conners on SEN with Harf and he said it wasnt all about the money, then harf said in all fairness if GWS only offered him abround 400,000 then he wouldnt have taken it. Conners said probably not but Ward was also excited about the people he would be playing with. Ward is doing a presser with GWS on wednesday where other team mates will be there.

Apparently he told Paul last week he thought his mind was made up.

Lets not kids ourselves - its about the money

An announcement won't be made within the next 48 hours as some claim.

Scully's manager is on record as stating that his charge won't even look at the GW$ offer until after the final game of Melbourne's season.

A balancing act has to be made between GW$'s desire to pump it's own tyres and Velocity's need to maintain its client's credibility.

I predict a Monday next week announcement with Ward and Scully flanking Sheedy at the presser.

Wards is on Wednesday. Would expect Scully to take a week if not more if he is actually thinking about it. Would imagine a meeting with Melbourne people to see about coach etc, otherwise his mind is made up.

Ward is going to paraded around with Sheeds on Wednesday at a pressed to include "other" he's players. I would assume that if Scull is going we will hear about it prior to this press conference. Although I would have assumed Sheeds would already be gloating had he got Sculls signature. My prediction he'll stay

Wards is on Wednesday. Would expect Scully to take a week if not more if he is actually thinking about it. Would imagine a meeting with Melbourne people to see about coach etc, otherwise his mind is made up.

Ahh didn't realize they'd already announced the presser date.

A separate one next week then.

The dross Sheedy will speak about it being a wonderful challenge, historic opportunity for these guys will be a real snoozefest.