Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No hope in the foreseeable future.

I'll put that down to an emotional outburst.

No emotional outburst, just the stark reality that we have more holes in our playing list than the SS Titanic.

You'll come to realise that one day.

All that shows is that the club doesn't know what he's doing, not that he hasn't made a decision.

That may be the case, but the journalists have no solid idea either...i am sure the club knows more than all of them put together.

No emotional outburst, just the stark reality that we have more holes in our playing list than the SS Titanic.

You'll come to realise that one day.

I have come to the realisation now that you are a lost cause. You bleat and whinge about everything possible but are noticably absent when you are asked to back up your statements or facts are produced that contradict you. Your posts are so ridiculously over the top pessimistic I actually feel sorry for you and hope it is not a reflection of your life as a whole.

Disappointing season yes.

Step backwards yes.

The MFC world according to RobbieF has ended. There is no hope. We will wither up and die.

Spare all of us please Robbie.

Edited by Grandson of a gun

All that shows is that the club doesn't know what he's doing, not that he hasn't made a decision.

Ive personally thought this decision is quite old now. I also have a sneaking suspicion the CLub knows in most ways but the formality. I suspect the Club now is saying..lets get on with it. We all have to move forward..yadda yadda yadda.

I await tomorrows presser

of course..just my opinion :lol:

Ive personally thought this decision is quite old now. I also have a sneaking suspicion the CLub knows in most ways but the formality. I suspect the Club now is saying..lets get on with it. We all have to move forward..yadda yadda yadda.

Quite possibly true, but the average footy journalist has been writing mere speculation all year.

I have come to the realisation now that you are a lost cause. You bleat and whinge about everything possible but are noticably absent when you are asked to back up your statements or facts are produced that contradict you. Your posts are so ridiculously over the top pessimistic I actually feel sorry for you and hope it is not a reflection of your life as a whole.

Disappointing season yes.

Step backwards yes.

The MFC world according to RobbieF has ended. There is no hope. We will wither up and die.

Spare all of us please Robbie.

The results of this year speak for me, the state of the team speaks for me and the idiotic following of the company line annoys me. Reality check time.

Which of our recruits are going to be A grade players? Maybe Trengove possibly Watts

You tell me which of the recruits we have that you consider to be future stars or maybe B+?

We have a bunch of kids that are in reality honest triers and that's about it.

This is your problem. You want a team of stars rather than a star team.

Players train and play the way they have been drilled. If you cannot see that much of this seasons problems came down to bad years for our senior players and a poor game plan the you are truly blind.

Give me a coach who has a game plan that does not collapse under the slightest hint of pressure and who can instill a harder edge on the young blokes and you will see a vastly different outfit.

Spot on

This is your problem. You want a team of stars rather than a star team.

Players train and play the way they have been drilled. If you cannot see that much of this seasons problems came down to bad years for our senior players and a poor game plan the you are truly blind.

Give me a coach who has a game plan that does not collapse under the slightest hint of pressure and who can instill a harder edge on the young blokes and you will see a vastly different outfit.

We have neither and as for a game plan if the players you have are as weak minded as those we currently have then no matter what the game plan it will fail if the players give up without a whelp then you are stuffed and these are the players we have.

Bailey complained all year that the players wouldn't follow instructions so what's the point of a plan?

The results of this year speak for me, the state of the team speaks for me and the idiotic following of the company line annoys me. Reality check time.

Which of our recruits are going to be A grade players? Maybe Trengove possibly Watts

You tell me which of the recruits we have that you consider to be future stars or maybe B+?

We have a bunch of kids that are in reality honest triers and that's about it.

The right coaching panel and Football department requirements will fix up this list i have no doubt.

2011 was a year of treading water sadly, but i am still confident behind the scenes the right coach will be found.

If we were still 6-7 $mill in debt then i would be worried, but that is not a problem now.

A very busy summer awaits the entire MFC.

Haha you're right it seems I've mixed my "honest President" metaphors.

A quick Google search had me coming up with this though ...

"The 'never told a lie' saying is attributed to George Washington, though he probably never actually said it. The whole "Honest Abe" thing could have come from a story about how Abe walked several miles to give change to a customer that overpaid him at his general store. Both are likely myths created to make heroes out of our national figures. George Washington was virtually deified by the early Americans for what he did to win our independence. Lincoln was the savior of the Union and the liberator of the slaves. It would make sense that people would create stories that demonstrate important moral values. If people see that these heroes have these attributes, they may try to emulate them. It becomes difficult to come back years later and try to construct a relatively objective history when one has to sift through all the myths and exaggerations."

I think it actually serves the point I was trying to make quite well about the human tendency to creating myths and exaggerate qualities in our heroes.

Let's face it ... Superman in a Demon guernsey is what we all long to see in our heart of hearts.

I could say the same thing about your seemingly endless trust of sports journos...and David effing Schwarz...

I believed an impressive 20 year old didn't sign a contract last October. I still believe that Demon.

Whether he stays a Demon I don't know. I guess we will find out soon enough, and we can end this dance.

The right coaching panel and Football department requirements will fix up this list i have no doubt.

2011 was a year of treading water sadly, but i am still confident behind the scenes the right coach will be found.

If we were still 6-7 $mill in debt then i would be worried, but that is not a problem now.

A very busy summer awaits the entire MFC.

We didn't tread water we nearly drowned and would have if there were any more games left in the season, we were "saved by the bell" so to speak.

The debt issue has left us complacent and we've only completed half the job, we just thought the rest would fall in to place well it doesn't work like that. BTW I'm still looking for the eggshell I'm supposed to be putting over my head.

I could say the same thing about your seemingly endless trust of sports journos...and David effing Schwarz...

I believed an impressive 20 year old didn't sign a contract last October. I still believe that Demon.

Whether he stays a Demon I don't know. I guess we will find out soon enough, and we can end this dance.

Nah, if he leaves, especially if an announcement is made this week, the deal was done long ago.

certain irony ...#31... 31 games :huh: Brownlow votes 3 ..pick 1 :o

finis

Nah, if he leaves, especially if an announcement is made this week, the deal was done long ago.

We all read the situation differently.

I don't think he has signed anything yet. My signatures tells you what I think.

Perth radio reported today that there will be an announcement tomorrow.

I think it might have been Kim Hughes... Say no more.

Guest dieharderdee

Are some posters telling me that if some one offered you 2 to 3 times your regular pay for 5 years and this amount was reported in all the newspapers and was most likley relaied to some one in your management circle. (if it wasnt it would be a first).

You would not know about it before the year end. If tom didnt know what his offer was by mid season he must be one focused individual.

Is tom that confident in his skills that he wouldnt even chat to the people making that offer and risk them withdrawing or heading elsewhere.

This fairytale story that he wants to repay the faith and feel obligated to take a pay cut to stay at a team that is strugiling both on and off the feild just doenst have legs.

Money does strange things to people and for a second year player to be offered one of the best pay packets in the competition and he isnt interested he just wants to focus on a team that is going to finish 8th at best is narrow minded and im sure tom is planning more that 6 months most people will.

Sorry guys $cully has left the building.

Only the naive would belive other wise, and for those that do beleive him I hear there is a nygerian king who needs help in getting money out of the country all he needs is your bank details.

No doubt, the pendulum of exaggeration swings both ways.

My trust of sports journos isn't endless. That's an exaggeration on your part right there. I just think they got this particular story right.

But for sure I wouldn't have been so forthright had the Ox not been so unequivocal on air and on Twitter.

What is your beef with him?

No doubt, the pendulum of exaggeration swings both ways.

My trust of sports journos isn't endless. That's an exaggeration on your part right there. I just think they got this particular story right.

But for sure I wouldn't have been so forthright had the Ox not been so unequivocal on air and on Twitter.

What is your beef with him?

Beef?

I trust a 19 year olds word over the unnamed voices in Schwarz's ear.

Sue me.

Over and out.

See y'all when a decision is made.