• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Footy Classified

Samsara

Guest hangon007

You dont seem to stand for much or put any contribution of note so I cant see how you could be seen with or with the herd.

And dont be so sanctimonious and two faced on the blame game. You are all for getting stuck into supporters for alleged action or non action then you adopt a shallow pious position into discuss the trading of player saying you never criticise. What dross. From Stynes down to the playing list there has been some terrible failings and there is a consistent lack of leadership at a number of levels.

I am comforted that you think you never pass yourself off as anything. You cant disappoint.

Yip you just keep push those lines, what I stand for is the players & the football club in 2011. I dont live in the past like you do.

sanctimonious ... hahaha ... looked in a mirror lately. Then you will see sanctimonious. Just because people stand up to the likes of you and your herd, who continually disrespect our players and treat them like pieces of meat. Hahahahah ... you obviously did miss the memo THIS week.

Sure go ahead sack them all ... oh ... but you cant!!!! Can you. :)

From Stynes down to the playing list there has been some terrible failings and there is a consistent lack of leadership at a number of levels.

Mate you cant force people to follow your attitudes & playing with passion and pride if you dont respect them & they dont respect you. Sure threaten them all you want ... but its 2011 not 1960.

But dont dare ask our supporters to do their bit extra ... no that would be unreasonable and untenable ... hahahahaha.

Is every other department of this clubs faulty ... not mine. From Stynes down to the playing list ... I can see why some players dont wont to sign for our club ... I no longer blame them. Your attitude smells of arrogance.

I stand for we all need to do our bit. Simple enough English for you.

Edited by hangon007

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When there was discussion about whether Scully and players got on with the coach and admin etc, it was a bit harsh of Lyon to say;

"Ya there ta play footy, that's ya job...

...they are paid to play!"

"...there job is to turn up at 2:10 and not allow this sought of thing to happen!"

If players have asked management to put a leash on Schwab and in turn the administrators have sacked Bailey, it doesn't create a sense of worth among the players if the club has ignored they’re concerns and told them to suck it up.

Lyons comments devalue their worth. They’re place in the club is more than just being paid to take the field at 2:10. They wont win games with low morale in a corrupt corporate culture.

If Schwab’s causing them grief, MFC should be hearing them out, not telling them to go lay more tackles because we say so! Decision making shouldn't be compromised because the board feel Schwab’s a valuable corporate asset to the club.

If he upsets the players, he should have been put out on the street before the players started thinking about signing contracts next year.

Crap!!

Players play. Coaches coach and Admin administrate.

Thats they way it has gone for 150+ years. Yes, if players have issues they should speak up - but, thats it - they then have to be sorted out. They cant wag the whole bloody club! Its an inditment that these "issues" the playing group had were allowed to get this big and far, I suggest that senior figures in the playing group, coaching staff & admin have taken their eyes off the ball of late & now the whole place has gone to the s!#*er!!!

Ding ding ding!

I doubt the kids are too concerned over the "premiership model", and we're mostly made up of kids.

The tail is trying to wag the dog, in the name of self-preservation.

Absolutley no doubt in my mind that is correct. Rivers and Jones will be lucky to get a game next year and they knew it. Green 12 months max. This is about selfish individuals putting themselves ahead of the greater goal. We need to cleanse the club of these types. I will not be supporting these senior individuals going fwd.

Edited by stranga

Guest hangon007

Debt gone, investments being purchased, record membership, state of the art facilities, a reunited club with the MCC. However because there is some trouble in the football department all this counts for nothing? If we had these same troubles 5 years ago then there would be talk of merger again.

What more can Jimmy do without having to put the boots back on?

We will get a new coach. We will play finals next year. And we will be pushing for a premiership in the next 4 years.

Please dont look for the positive stuff around here thats very unfashionable ... dont you know that Jimmy Stynes down to the players have failed us ... hahahahah ... (in leadership).

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Absolutley no doubt in my mind that is correct. Rivers and Jones will be lucky to get a game next year and they knew it. Green 12 months max. This is about selfish individuals putting themselves ahead of the greater goal. We need to cleanse the club of these types. I will not be supporting these senior individuals going fwd.

There you go Rhino. Now thats respect. Yes it goes both ways, I accept that and have stated that from day 1.

Guest hangon007

This is what I want to know - were all the players involved/aware of the "leaders" grievances?

I am exhausted with Green, Rivers, Moloney, Davey, Sylvia, and, to a lesser extent, Jones.

And I know this may mean McLardy gets another phone call from Brad Green of Brighton - but I want to see the Leadership Group removed at the end of the season and the under 24 brigade told to choose their leaders for 2012 and beyond.

I don't want to be unreasonable when it comes to our 'senior' or older players, but at same point they are failures as leaders and we must evolve past them.

Most around here are exhausted travelling to the MCG on a weekly basis (oh but they cant even do that). I can see exactly why this whole saga exhausts you.

You dont want to be "unreasonable" ... no just get rid of them all, just said in a nice way. Past their used by dates are they?

Please dont look for the positive stuff around here thats very unfashionable ... dont you know that Jimmy Stynes down to the players have failed us ... hahahahah ... (in leadership).

Well, Jim himself seemed to be of that opinion, when he accepted some of the blame in the press conference yesterday.

I'm not surprised you missed it though.

It's hard to concentrate on the telly at the same time as colouring between the lines with your crayons.

Most around here are exhausted travelling to the MCG on a weekly basis (oh but they cant even do that). I can see exactly why this whole saga exhausts you.

You dont want to be "unreasonable" ... no just get rid of them all, just said in a nice way. Past their used by dates are they?

I actually believe that the playing group should be held accountable for their performance on Saturday ( and like performances this year)and in particular our leaders.

It upsets me when I see North Melbourne whom I draw parallels with and see their "shin boner spirit" as opposed to what serve up far too constantly.

Can I ask this HO007 - do you think the leadership group at Melbourne deserves respect because they have earned it or do we give the leadership group respect when they have earned it ?

Guest hangon007

Well, Jim himself seemed to be of that opinion, when he accepted some of the blame in the press conference yesterday.

I'm not surprised you missed it though.

It's hard to concentrate on the telly at the same time as colouring between the lines with your crayons.

Exactly we all need to accept SOME of the blame.

The other stuff ... hehehe ... must make you feel good. What ever makes YOU feel good is fine by me.

Ding ding ding!

I doubt the kids are too concerned over the "premiership model", and we're mostly made up of kids.

The tail is trying to wag the dog, in the name of self-preservation.

There has to be transition and we appear to have mis-managed that. But yeah I reckon it's our senior players who are worried about their "Yze" superannuation years rather than taking the bull by the horns and earning their spot in the premiership 22. If the club could have their time over they'd probably flick Bruce and retain Junior.

The fundamental problem is leadership at the club and I don't just mean player leadership. Jimmy has been too sick to lead effectively and too stubborn to hand over properly.

Yes but you must BALANCE these things out...If you cut too deep too quick with Senior players the babies will be exposed too early.

I think both sides have been a little too aggressive.

And Dean being an employee direct to both sides had to go along with it....

There has to be transition and we appear to have mis-managed that. But yeah I reckon it's our senior players who are worried about their "Yze" superannuation years rather than taking the bull by the horns and earning their spot in the premiership 22. If the club could have their time over they'd probably flick Bruce and retain Junior.

The fundamental problem is leadership at the club and I don't just mean player leadership. Jimmy has been too sick to lead effectively and too stubborn to hand over properly.

LOl...sad but true. Theres a trend for many to worry more about retirement than actual participation !!

Guest hangon007

I actually believe that the playing group should be held accountable for their performance on Saturday ( and like performances this year)and in particular our leaders.

It upsets me when I see North Melbourne whom I draw parallels with and see their "shin boner spirit" as opposed to what serve up far too constantly.

Can I ask this HO007 - do you think the leadership group at Melbourne deserves respect because they have earned it or do we give the leadership group respect when they have earned it ?

Mate our players start behind the 8 ball in nearly every game they play. People around here just dont deal with the facts ... its all emotional passionate crap.

You need to take that away ... once the players are on an equal footing them we can start judging them. Until then you and many others are not solving the "real" problem.

in 2011 when a Collingwood player gets injured early in the season what do they do???? (hello Arizona)

Pre-season how do Collingwood prepare their side to get an edge over the competition???? (hello Arizona)

Lets look at Geelong ... Take Shell Stadium their house of pain ... what 26 wins in a row. Tell me the last time they had that home advantage against Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon & Hawthorn? Now why is that? Why do we play there once a year, nearly.

Geelong lets look at their rotation policy of key players ... just remind me the players they rotated in fresh as a daisy ?

Why? Football in 2011 is all about recovery. Darwin is way harder than you think. Why do we have to sell home games to Darwin? Why do the Tigers have to sell home games to Cairns?

PS Please dont talk the Hawks they play 5 home games every year in Tasmania a very football friendly trip, thats a home away from home.

Edited by hangon007

But dont dare ask our supporters to do their bit extra ... no that would be unreasonable and untenable ... hahahahaha.

I stand for we all need to do our bit. Simple enough English for you.

Tell that to the people that contributed to the $5million debt reduction and still contribute above and beyond about doing our bit. There are a number. Your comments smack of either ignorance, naivety or parroting in absence of an substantive contribution. Its good you dont pass yourself off as anything. You're doing your bit. However little it is.

If the Club is to survive it needs to develop a sustainable business plan not be a perpetual charity that seems have FD/CEO debacles every 3 to 4 years. Any chance the CEO could have been working on a plausible business plan rather than dabbling in the FD? I am sure the Board have been dealing with that.

Mate our players start behind the 8 ball in nearly every game they play. People around here just dont deal with the facts ... its all emotional passionate crap.

You need to take that away ... once the players are on an equal footing them we can start judging them. Until then you and many others are not solving the "real" problem.

in 2011 when a Collingwood player gets injured early in the season what do they do???? (hello Arizona)

Pre-season how do Collingwood prepare their side to get an edge over the competition???? (hello Arizona)

Lets look at Geelong ... Take Shell Stadium their house of pain ... what 26 wins in a row. Tell me the last time they had that home advantage against Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon & Hawthorn? Now why is that? Why do we play there once a year, nearly.

Geelong lets look at their rotation policy of key players ... just remind me the players they rotated in fresh as a daisy ?

Why? Football in 2011 is all about recovery. Darwin is way harder than you think. Why do we have to sell home games to Darwin? Why do the Tigers have to sell home games to Cairns?

PS Please dont talk the Hawks they play 5 home games every year in Tasmania a very football friendly trip, thats a home away from home.

All comes down to Generating Dollars...Geelong have a clean Stadium...Collingwood have the massive supporter base.

This is why our CEO has been trying to grow the "Brand"

Guest hangon007

Tell that to the people that contributed to the $5million debt reduction and still contribute above and beyond about doing our bit. There are a number. Your comments smack of either ignorance, naivety or parroting in absence of an substantive contribution. Its good you dont pass yourself off as anything. You're doing your bit. However little it is.

If the Club is to survive it needs to develop a sustainable business plan not be a perpetual charity that seems have FD/CEO debacles every 3 to 4 years. Any chance the CEO could have been working on a plausible business plan rather than dabbling in the FD? I am sure the Board have been dealing with that.

hahahaha ... Yip I contributed to debit demolition. Yip I buy 6 memberships per year. (by the way I wanted to give more via a promotion on this site ... but the club knocked it back ... Demonland where in agreement) ... yes I give more as well bought some of those "kids deals."

So the only arrogance around here is one that thinks its "unreasonable and untenable" to ask our supporters to do more in 2011. Sorry, you have to do what it takes.

We are a $35 million dollar business last year premiers top an $85 million dollars business.

We invest $13 million in our football department last year Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn & West Coast spent $17million +

Last year Geelong & Collingwood had no VFL affiliate, next year Essendon wont have one either ... in the next 3 yeras I'm tipping Carlton wont have one either, maybe even Richmond.

Get the picture yet ? Our boys start way behind the 8 ball. We all need to do more. Football departments and Admin have been fighting nearly since time began. Players want to play football ... Admin needs money to keep our club competitive. Everybody has to give a little bit. B)

Edited by hangon007

We are a $35 million dollar business last year premiers top an $85 million dollars business.

We invest $13 million in our football department last year Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Hawthorn & West Coast spent $17million +

Last year Geelong & Collingwood had no VFL affiliate, next year Essendon wont have one either ... in the next 3 yeras I'm tipping Carlton wont have one either, maybe even Richmond.

Get the picture yet ? Our boys start way behind the 8 ball.

All of the above are Fact, and getting larger and wider.....We must catch up or forever we shall only dream.

They did this to themselves.

JMac is the only senior player I can think of that we moved on that was still contributing.

He is the one we screwed up.

And if the senior players are worried about being moved on too soon, they should be, they have had their time and have failed.

Does that mean they lose their jobs? Depends on their contract...

I simply want to - in 2012 - have a younger group in the Leadership Group, with the senior players on the periphery.

It's reasonable and it's required.

Get the picture yet ? Our boys start way behind the 8 ball. We all need to do more. Football departments and Admin have been fighting nearly since time began. Players want to play football ... Admin needs money to keep our club competitive. Everybody has to give a little bit. B)

How about our CEO dedicates himself to building a sustainable business plan that allows the Club to prosper and compete against bigger clubs rather than micro manage areas that should be left to people employed to do so? Maybe the CEO could give a bit as well. We could even give a bank loan. Oh we have already done that. How is your vision of the future going? It wont be made up by supporters/members digging deeper than they have for the past five years. Although you are welcome to buy more memberships and then wonder why others arent doing the same.... Hmmm. Oh if Dick Pratt had only barracked for MFC.

How about our CEO dedicates himself to building a sustainable business plan that allows the Club to prosper and compete against bigger clubs rather than micro manage areas that should be left to people employed to do so? Maybe the CEO could give a bit as well.

If only...

Bailey may not have been the coach to take our young playing group to the next level, but he was not responsible for the culture over long years at MFC. It's hard to escape the impression that the 'boy's club' is running the show, scratching each others backs ("oh you would like a loan, just let me find the cheque book...") and when things turn ugly like on Saturday, Bailey who was never part of the 'club' is the easy sacrifice. But sacking Bailey doesn't fix the fundamental rot.

Agree on the need for tough leadership without fear or favours at the very top. If there's been treachery - if some of the club managers have been undermining for their own ends - that problem needs addressing immediately. Allowed to fester it could ultimately destroy morale right through the club, let alone any on-field success.

In the paper today, the Geelong model was described:

"a modern football club also is a business. The passion that animates it can militate against the running of the business. Earlier this year, Geelong president Colin Carter said he thought the business world could learn from the way the Cats' silos - football, marketing etc. - managed not to tread on each other's toes. At Melbourne, evidently, they do; no one denies it."

If Garry Lyon is stepping in to Jim Stynes' shoes to help him out at the top, that's one of many changes necessary to eradicate the rot.

I find it concerning that the Melbourne CEO Cameron Schwab according to reports and the club itself, involved himself in the FD earlier in the year - yet allegedly appoints and surrounds himself with 'reportedly' (See Denham's article) expensive administration staff much to the boards alleged disappointment to help him do his job. At the same time I can understand the need for extra resources or expertise, but when you're helping or dabbling in other areas...

It's no wonder they made the decision for Jim to involve himself in the FD at the time in the interim. We've known about this for sometime and I can understand Jim's health hasn't helped the situation. I can understand that they might have collectively chipped in over the course of the season in Jim's absence.

Much of the media is reporting what has happened and addressed earlier in the year, as if it's just happened.

Lets not get too carried away huh...lets understand by whos standards staff are too 'expensive'. Pay peanuts get monkeys etc. All companies pay people.

At the moment were flavour of the months ( for attacking ) . The hyhenas and vultures smell blood and are circling. Its game on and were the game !!

I dont for a minute suggest Schwabb y is without fault , who is, but lets see some facts before pilloring everyone in this club.

Guest hangon007

How about our CEO dedicates himself to building a sustainable business plan that allows the Club to prosper and compete against bigger clubs rather than micro manage areas that should be left to people employed to do so? Maybe the CEO could give a bit as well. We could even give a bank loan. Oh we have already done that. How is your vision of the future going? It wont be made up by supporters/members digging deeper than they have for the past five years. Although you are welcome to buy more memberships and then wonder why others arent doing the same.... Hmmm. Oh if Dick Pratt had only barracked for MFC.

Your nearly there ... Yes, we all have to give a bit.

Sorry, we dont have any "single" Dick Pratts .... but if we ALL club together we might match a Dick Pratt.

Give the CEO a break man. Would have to have one of the most difficult jobs in football ... How can you make money when nobody wants to turn up? How can you make your players happy when you are forced to sell games to Darwin? How can you keep the players happy when you got 1/2 the footy department spend other clubs have. How can you ever motivate yourself when you get nothing but negative faceless snipping around here?

Many around here snipe our board.

Many around here snipe our CEO

Many around here snipe our head of footy

Many around here snipe our players.

But when I snipe them they cant take it. You blokes are just not living in 2011.

RR you are a smart bloke but get off this emotional clap trap .. deal with the facts. We ALL have to give a bit.

Now dont get me wrong DD was great thank-you, memberships are great thank-you .... but sorry it not enough in 2011 and moving forward. Sorry I hate to say it. We no longer have a "bailout clause" ... we have to learn to stand on our own two feet.

Sorry I'm no politician like many, many around here I'm just a simple bloke that wants to see the footy. I just want to see my club survive. Hope that clear enough for you.

PS No hard feelings I hope. I appreciate your time I respect your views I want to listen to them. Sorry I wont agree to all of them ... but give me a break you and others can say and do what you want after we have won this war and we can concentrate on the footy.

Edited by hangon007

Your nearly there ... Yes, we all have to give a bit.

Sorry, we dont have any "single" Dick Pratts .... but if we ALL club together we might match a Dick Pratt.

Give the CEO a break man. Would have to have one of the most difficult jobs in football ... How can you make money when nobody wants to turn up? How can you make you players happy when you are forced to sell games to Darwin? How can you keep the players happy when you got 1/2 the footy department spend other clubs have. How can you ever motive yourself when you get nothing but negative faceless snipping around here?

Many around here snipe our board.

Many around here snipe our CEO

Many around here snipe our head of footy

Many around here snipe our players.

But when I snipe them they cant take it. You blokes are just not living in 2011.

RR you are a smart bloke but get of this emotional clap trap .. deal with the facts. We ALL have to give a bit.

Now dont get me wrong DD was great thank-you, memberships are great thank-you .... but sorry it not enough in 2011 and moving forward. Sorry I hate to say it. We no longer have a "bailout clause" ... we have to learn to stand on our own two feet.

Evidently the sniping we do on here is little compared to what goes on at the club...

Guest hangon007

Lets not get too carried away huh...lets understand by whos standards staff are too 'expensive'. Pay peanuts get monkeys etc. All companies pay people.

At the moment were flavour of the months ( for attacking ) . The hyhenas and vultures smell blood and are circling. Its game on and were the game !!

I dont for a minute suggest Schwabb y is without fault , who is, but lets see some facts before pilloring everyone in this club.

I dont agree with much you say. But that sounds reasonable.

PS I resemble that "monkeys" comment you make. But hey at least they are passionate "monkeys" just trying to do their best.

You can question their ability all you want (well within your right) ... but we have what we have for a reason. If you want desensitised robots be careful thats what you will get 100% of the time ... but you want passion on the "field" ... sorry you cant turn it on & off when it suits you.

You are right they are only human.

Edited by hangon007