Footy Classified

Samsara

We've been too nice for too long. People, especially us Melbourne people, are sick to death of it. We are not Demons.

We are considered soft and its [censored] embarrassing. Something had to be done.

It is an easy and correct choice. Cam's record shits all over Bailey's. Four years into coaching, 25% win rate or something and your football side loses by the 2nd biggest loss ever in a hundred and fifty years of VFL/AFL history. We cannot accept that.

Gary made a very good point tonight. The players should not have played the way they did. They are employees of the MFC and have a responsibility to the jumper and the colours.

The tail shouldn't wag the dog. I think the players at Melbourne, for the best part of two decades, have had it easy, got off too lightly.

I believe Gary will come in as interim President and attract a very good, experienced coach in. Maybe Malthouse.

And Todd Viney? Who knows... all I've seen of him is yawning and looking fat. I hope he surprises me.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are considered soft and its [censored] embarrassing. Something had to be done.

It's not just that it's the fact that we're considered the SOFTEST team in the league. That is a disgrace!

Case in point on the weekend. Dunn is floored by Chapman on Saturday and not a single Melbourne player came in for a bifo with the Geelong players coming in to support Chapman.

Why are we such a soft team?

When's the last time a player has legally lined up a player for a hip and shoulder? When? I can't remember.

I can remember watching our boys get smashed up in the 2000 Granny by those scumbag Essendon players who played hard and dirty but that helped win them the Flag.

Guest hangon007

I liked the way the Adelaide players responded to Bickley. They were rampant even though it was only against Port. Hopefully the boys will respond to Todd in the same way and get back the fire. I am going to watch Beamer hound Mitch Robertson. I am going to watch McKenzie tackle like he has never tackled before. I am going to enjoy Jack fire up and show the flag and I am going to enjoy Jack T silkily lob a kick on Greenies chest to score another goal. I cant wait for the weekend. I still have my scarf and my hope. If none of you reading this aren't fired up after seeing Gary tonight, after hearing Ox talk about having a punch up with two SEN knobs and then having an argument with his wife because of what happened at Geelong - thats passion and hopefully there will be bucket loads of it on and off the field on the weekend.

Great ... but that wont fix our real problem. Its impossible to sustain that level of intensity for the whole season. Passion from the players is only the 1% ... its the icing not the cake.

Now dont get me wrong ... the players want to play with passion but we need to help them in other areas.

Dont try to sweep it under the carpet and hide it with the smoke & mirrors passion debate ... that what the media feeds on.

Great ... but that wont fix our real problem. Its impossible to sustain that level of intensity for the whole season. Passion from the players is only the 1% ... its the icing not the cake.

Now dont get me wrong ... the players want to play with passion but we need to help them in other areas.

Dont try to sweep it under the carpet and hide it with the smoke & mirrors passion debate ... that what the media feeds on.

of course we need a Football Department Budget as well to keep the cogs turning.

Hang on, you lose me with your smoke and mirrors. What other areas. Just plain English please.

Edited by longsuffering

The standout comment from Lyon, IMO, was (paraphrasing):

"They are not competitive enough.... they must be competitive week in, week out..... they are not hard enough...... Bailey must take responsibility for that."

I, and others, have been banging on about just that for 4 yrs. That's why Bailey had to go.

Yeah that was the one for me as well. Made the comment they needed to play like "animals" which is exactly what I want to see from my club every week. I hate Micth Robinson but I'd love a couple of players in our team with his ferociousness. Our players need to find that animal competitiveness within them and harness it for 120 minutes every time they step over the white line. Bailey could not harness this within them hopefully the next coach can.

When's the last time a player has legally lined up a player for a hip and shoulder? When? I can't remember.

Last week against Hawthorn. Tapscott floored Savage.

But I take your point. This should happen regularly not be a once-off. Not only the big bump but also putting on a shepherd to help out your team-mate with the ball. Players would rather the ball carrier cop the hit and run off him hoping for a cheap possession.

Yeah that was the one for me as well. Made the comment they needed to play like "animals" which is exactly what I want to see from my club every week. I hate Micth Robinson but I'd love a couple of players in our team with his ferociousness. Our players need to find that animal competitiveness within them and harness it for 120 minutes every time they step over the white line. Bailey could not harness this within them hopefully the next coach can.

Include the recruiters in all this. They also helped shape our team.

But I take your point. This should happen regularly not be a once-off. Not only the big bump but also putting on a shepherd to help out your team-mate with the ball. Players would rather the ball carrier cop the hit and run off him hoping for a cheap possession.

Good example.

I couldnt make it to that game but the point is we need to reverse this perception that we're a soft team.

I can't think of a softer side than us in the AFL.

Bring back some of the bifo from the John Northey years I say! Get Rodney Grinter down to the club!

Guest hangon007

It's not just that it's the fact that we're considered the SOFTEST team in the league. That is a disgrace!

Case in point on the weekend. Dunn is floored by Chapman on Saturday and not a single Melbourne player came in for a bifo with the Geelong players coming in to support Chapman.

I can remember watching our boys get smashed up in the 2000 Granny by those scumbag Essendon players who played hard and dirty but that helped win them the Flag.

With all respect we are a "soft" club ... but this is repairable. But we all have to give a bit.

We can all come out of this with a win, win, win.

Some would argue it took balls for the players to make a stand ... we all want the same thing. This club has lost synchronisation. Some would say its not "f" good enough I want passion for the jumper. They are both RIGHT.

We had a great coach for the time .... up until today. Was he the coach to take us forward ... not my call & no use crying over spilt milk. Thank-you for all your help. Today was a land mark day for our football club.

We have a great CEO ... modern, progressive and passionate Dee.

We have a great head of our Footy Department ... good thinker passionate Dee.

We have a great board ... passionate and visible as they come.

We have a great playing group ... treat them with respect. The way some treat them around here is nothing short of disgusting they are not pieces of meat.

Then there is us ... I'm not saying anything here the "mob" will lynch me.

We need synchronisation ... we are so close, we have a great opportunity.

Go Dees.

Edited by hangon007

With all respect we are a "soft" club ... but this is repairable. But we all have to give a bit.

We can all come out of this with a win, win, win.

Some would argue it took balls for the players to make a stand ... we all want the same thing. This club has lost synchronisation. Some would say its not "f" good enough I want passion for the jumper. They are both RIGHT.

We had a great coach for the time .... up until today. Was he the coach to take us forward ... not my call & no use crying over spilt milk. Thank-you for all your help. Today was a land mark day for our football club.

We have a great board ... passionate and visible as they come.

We have a great playing group ... treat them with respect. The way some treat them around here is nothing short of disgusting they are not pieces of meat.

Then there is us ... I'm not saying anything here the "mob" will lynch me.

Go Dees.

FFS you have been reading the same management books as Schwab.

Guest hangon007

of course we need a Football Department Budget as well to keep the cogs turning.

Yeah its not just that ... its synchronisation. If the club is forced to sell games to Darwin we need to

a/ approach the AFL to get a bye the following week ... if that not possible

b/ we as supporters need to make up the short fall ... we need to find a way.

Even better is never be forced to sell home games .... but who is that up tooooooo. B) B) B)

Now thats just a recent example. There are many, many more.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

FFS you have been reading the same management books as Schwab.

Mate we all need to be on the "same page" ... but the penny just wont drop.

Holy shivers we might be in this even deeper than the most positive amongst us thought.

Edit .... no I will just keep punching.

Edited by hangon007

Yeah its not just that ... its synchronisation. If the club is forced to sell games to Darwin we need to

Even better is never be forced to sell home games .... but who is that up tooooooo. B) B) B)

Chicken & the egg. If the MFC fill the 'G at home games there is no need to go to darwin, but until then we need the darwin Finance.

Guest hangon007

Chicken & the egg. If the MFC fill the 'G at home games there is no need to go to darwin, but until then we need the darwin Finance.

Exactly but we need to play our part .... if we dont thats when things start to unravel.

Its got to be unconditional ... it cant always be on a Saturday @ 2.00pm at the MCG when we have a chance of winning.

Winning doesn't come first ... we need to get that out of our heads. Dont think about blaming the AFL either there are 17 other teams in the competition.

We need the finances to invest back into our football department ... then will come the sustainable winning.

Again I come back to this inherent attitude of political correctness within, that gets rid of the likes of Martin Pike etc. Anyone who has a bit of attitude we train it out of them, turn them into Quireboys, instead of just get them to be polite in company.

We don't want Butlers.... We need Warriors.

We need 10 players like that in every Demon team! Not one.

Again I come back to this inherent attitude of political correctness within, that gets rid of the likes of Martin Pike etc. Anyone who has a bit of attitude we train it out of them, turn them into Quireboys, instead of just get them to be polite in company.

We don't want Butlers.... We need Warriors.

Don't know much about much but I do remember we stuck with the bad boy Martin Pike for probably 2 years more than we should have in an attempt to get him to turn around and be a responsible player.

Didn't happen.

If I remember correctly he then went to North and when he lucked out he got his final chace at Brisbane.

He knew at that stage it's now or never literally and that is when he finally became a disciplined footballer - a little like Barry Hall's story.

It was our bad luck we got him seven years too early.

It wasn't MFC's mismanagement is all I'm saying

Don't know much about much but I do remember we stuck with the bad boy Martin Pike for probably 2 years more than we should have in an attempt to get him to turn around and be a responsible player.

Didn't happen.

If I remember correctly he then went to North and when he lucked out he got his final chace at Brisbane.

He knew at that stage it's now or never literally and that is when he finally became a disciplined footballer - a little like Barry Hall's story.

It was our bad luck we got him seven years too early.

It wasn't MFC's mismanagement is all I'm saying

Martin Pike went to North where he won a flag with them, then he went to Fitzroy and won the B&F and subsequently became a Brisbane player and went on to win another 3 flags with them. I reckon we missed out not Martin Pike he was a very good footballer.

The Supporters have already kicked in $5million out of there own pockets to get rid of the debt. You cant keep going to the well.

It would have been good if our CEO had focussed on a viable business plan rather than messing about in the FD.

Go Dees.

I would think our great CEO and FD head are root causes of the dysfunctionality. You're out on your planet again 007.

Martin Pike went to North where he won a flag with them, then he went to Fitzroy and won the B&F and subsequently became a Brisbane player and went on to win another 3 flags with them. I reckon we missed out not Martin Pike he was a very good footballer.

Your order of playing is wrong. Pike was a good footballer who made his position untenable at least 3 clubs particularly MFC.

Step one guys....We need a big crowd at this weeks game, being very vocal.

I think you will get it WYL the trouble is they will be all Carlton.

They will be looking forward to a big percentage increase.

God it could be awful.

We will need to be strong mentally I feel a long trip home coming.

I can't for the life of me see why Dean Laidley's name continues to get thrown up. What has he done? At best, I'd consdier him for an assistant's role, but can someone shed some light on him for me please? We are crying out for a proven, successful coach, which of those boxes does he tick? None in my opinion, and I'm only looking at the form guide!

If none of you reading this aren't fired up after seeing Gary tonight, after hearing Ox talk about having a punch up with two SEN knobs and then having an argument with his wife because of what happened at Geelong - thats passion and hopefully there will be bucket loads of it on and off the field on the weekend.

While I saw Garry last night and that was easily the most emotional I've ever seen him about the club I missed what happened with The Ox. What happened there?