The Month Ahead

45HG

The Month Ahead  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You probably also gave them no chance at all in 2006 when they drew and then beat them by a goal, or the year prior when the upset them at SS. In footy anyone is vulnerable on any certain day. Their last month has been a little shakey too. I still think they will beat us but to say we are no chance at all is the very wrong.

I know what you mean, but you're saying our only chance is for a miraclulous, completely out of the blue upset of gigantic proportions.

To me, that means we have no chance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight analysis.

81 of the 119 people who voted, or 68% of Landers, think we can pinch one of the next 4.

Distrubingly, only 20 out of about 80 voters think that our Captain and VC will stand up over that time (Davey's obviously may have been higher if he'd been playing, but somehow I doubt it).

Moloney, Jamar and Sylvia are the 3 players we, (over 50%ish) expect to stand up over that time.

The Carlton game is the standout favourite for a pinched win, WC second. We should be well aware, however, that we will most likely go into these games as massive underdogs and posters should imagine what result that would expect from each game if it were the other way around.

Could make an argument to say Beamer is in this group. He has done quite well against sides outside the eight, but has not played as well against the tougher assignments.

By the way, I thought the Essendon game "really mattered", and Jared Rivers "really mattered" that night in terms of leadership, performance and "hey presto" committment ! It's not the only game either, been several.

But some choose to ignore such quality. Some even want to trade or delist them...not looking at anyone in particular BB59. :blink:

Which games didnt Beamer ( top eight ) play as well in ??

Rivers is playing better this year.. i agree. But hed need to..and hes still expensive. Causes as many turnovers as he does good . Highly doubtful he will play in a Melbourne Premiership team.

Which games didnt Beamer ( top eight ) play as well in ??

I love Beamer and his clearance work is up there with Judd.

But he can be accused of being a frontrunner, or at least, someone who can be tagged out of a game.

Against Haw (17 disp), WCE (18), NM (15), Carl (16), and the WB (18) Beamer was down on output and effectiveness.

And, bar the Coll game, those games were all our worst losses.

And its those games that you won't your leaders to stand up and lead the way.

Against Haw (17 disp), WCE (18), NM (15), Carl (16), and the WB (18) Beamer was down on output and effectiveness.

Or, those were the games where he was most effectively shut down in the game and thus Melbourne's output and effectiveness diminished.

I love Beamer and his clearance work is up there with Judd.

But he can be accused of being a frontrunner, or at least, someone who can be tagged out of a game.

And, bar the Coll game, those games were all our worst losses.

And its those games that you won't your leaders to stand up and lead the way.

Chicken or egg?

Chicken or egg?

It's a good question.

But whether it is the chicken ot the egg it still doesn't allow Brent to get off the hook.

He doesn't play well in those games where we need him the most.

or at least, someone who can be tagged out of a game.

When they tag Scully, other including Beamer have a good chance to shine - with Scully out the heat is probably back on him.

Even if we don't win one of them we have to be competitive for as long as possible, that was what won us so much respect last year was the fact we took the pies right to the edge, should've beaten the dogs but were screwed by the umps, and push the hawks in our second encounter.

I'd love to get a win, but if we can hold ours heads up high and know that gave it our all I'll be proud of them.

FWIW I think the Carlton game is our best chance followed by the WC game, it'd be nice to get a win at that [censored]-poor excuse for a stadium.

It took me 20 years to back against Melbourne in my footy tips, and then I thought damn I never want to have anything but belief that we'll get up so I stopped doing that, and having belief doesn't mean that I don't think its unlikely. And while it takes extra long to get that thrill of backing an upset, I'm ecstatic when it does. I'm happy to say that I see us beating Carlton and West Coast. I choose to think enough little things will go right and that we have a good 22 running around-never forget the value of having your best on the park. Now in my head I can obviously picture a train wreck at Kardinia Park or against the Hawks, and while it's not OK, I'm not going to toss my toys out of the cot about because I know we are a development side-obviously not developing quick enough for some on this forum. I am sad to see those angry comments of those who dismiss us for four losses, I feel sorry for you that you can't find any hope in our new emerging team that for me has so much promise. I think our team will become as hard as we all want them to be and I also think Bailey has enough patience to craft them into a side that will become durable for a long time to come. I think Baileys patience will leave a lasting legacy as such.

• 2 weeks later...