Tom Scully

I'm glad you trusted your spellcheck with 'naive'...

And I think the 'No Comment' point can be made when one doesn't make an actual comment.

Ah yes...when one falls short of real argument ..lets have a chuckle at spelling or spellcheck !! The diversions of robust debate !!

Playing too cute there rpfc.. an accepted retort of care is NO Comment. Especailly where views or utterances are subjected to vetting.

Some of us arent permitted the lattitude of using the words of choice. Doesnt sit well.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what you mean and why you wrote 'no comment' I have no idea, you could have just not commented.

Rpfc .. when it comes to this matter it strikes me you are like the captain of the Titanic, or in this case the S.S.Tom Scully, on a direct collision course with a rocky cove near Sydney harbour.

Some would say there's a certain nobility in going down with the ship, whilst others might think it a tad stubborn.

There's still a little dinghy for you off the starboard bow, sent by us wayfarers of the HMAS Reality ... should the toll be too great on you.

demon_biggrin.gif

Ah yes...when one falls short of real argument ..lets have a chuckle at spelling or spellcheck !! The diversions of robust debate !!

lol

That is ironic considering that you attempted to correct my spelling of the said word in the first place. A greater diversion to robust debate would be erroneously correcting the spelling of others...

Playing too cute there rpfc.. an accepted retort of care is NO Comment. Especailly where views or utterances are subjected to vetting.

Some of us arent permitted the lattitude of using the words of choice. Doesnt sit well.

It shouldn't sit well, but I would wager that the uncomfortableness that you feel being unable to call an MFC player something you truly believe is only superceded by the uncomfortableness of the owners of this wonderful site who have to have their name associated with you calling that MFC player something you truly believe.

Rpfc .. when it comes to this matter it strikes me you are like the captain of the Titanic, or in this case the S.S.Tom Scully, on a direct collision course with a rocky cove near Sydney harbour.

Some would say there's a certain nobility in going down with the ship, whilst others might think it a tad stubborn.

There's still a little dinghy for you off the starboard bow, sent by us wayfarers of the HMAS Reality ... should the toll be too great on you.

demon_biggrin.gif

LOL......nice

demon_biggrin.gif

I am glad that you are having such a good time at my apparent expense.

I am pretty happy with where my arguments have been on this issue.

He may go, I don't think he will.

He hasn't gone yet because I believe what he says.

You imply I should be swayed by the iceberg of facts?

I say that we only see the tip of the iceberg of facts - we simply don't know.

And the amount of contradictory rumours that emerge don't sway me...

I say that we only see the tip of the iceberg of facts - we simply don't know.

Id agree theres an Iceberg...but id be sceptical of calling much fact. Funny thing about ice ..it defracts light and what we may see may well be somewhat filtered and skewed of direction.

Am I allowed to say filtered ? :rolleyes:

Id agree theres an Iceberg...but id be sceptical of calling much fact. Funny thing about ice ..it defracts light and what we may see may well be somewhat filtered and skewed of direction.

Am I allowed to say filtered ? :rolleyes:

I haven't called much fact.

I have said Tom claiming he hasn't signed is a fact.

He hasn't gone yet because I believe what he says.

I may have misinterpreted this, but did you just say the reason scully hasn’t gone yet is because YOU believe what he says???

Also, the rumours may be contradictory on the small facts, but they all say he's going or gone....

I haven't called much fact.

I have said Tom claiming he hasn't signed is a fact.

Some on here would swear until they were blue that he was crossing his fingers behind his back when he said that.

Some on here would swear until they were blue that he was crossing his fingers behind his back when he said that.

others would say he's like Jim Carey on Liar Liar, unable to Lie?!

Jim-Carrey-Liar-Liar.jpg

Edited by DemonWA

others would say he's like Jim Carey on Liar Liar, unable to Lie?!

Jim-Carrey-Liar-Liar.jpg

That's what intrigues me, however.

So many people on here seem as though they want him to have been lying. What is wrong with using one's intuition (hey!) and believing that he was telling the truth?

Guest hangon007

That's what intrigues me, however.

So many people on here seem as though they want him to have been lying. What is wrong with using one's intuition (hey!) and believing that he was telling the truth?

+1

I find it hard to believe Tom would go through all this daily scrutiny for 12 months,play his final game this year and then declare he wants to re-sign with us.

He's following the Ablett model.

Guest hangon007

demon_biggrin.gif

Interesting. The ship SS Titanic was in a different era. We have moved forward since then.

How many ships cross the Atlantic these days, How many sink? Question is .... Is it you thats looking for the iceberg? or Using one past incident to suggest all ships crossing the Atlantic have a 98% chance of hitting. Sorry I dont know.

You are always focusing on worst case scenarios not best case.

The glass is always half full. I have trust in Tom. I have trust in the system.

Just watch for the submarine surfacing at the last minute ... if you close your eyes & switch off your radar you will never see it coming.

I find it hard to believe Tom would go through all this daily scrutiny for 12 months,play his final game this year and then declare he wants to re-sign with us.

me to

I completely agree. I'm ambivalent as to whether the >> insert own adjective << stays or goes.

If he goes I'll consider him a mercenary, as he'll make tremendous money from Melbourne over his career. And if he stays I'll consider him a very selfish individual that strung the club, his teammates, and supporters out until the end of the season even though he had both clubs offers 2 months prior. But I hear them say, "Tom has always said he'll make his decision at year's end". Bully for Tom.

That sums up my feelings as well.

I may have misinterpreted this, but did you just say the reason scully hasn’t gone yet is because YOU believe what he says???

Also, the rumours may be contradictory on the small facts, but they all say he's going or gone....

You have misinterpreted. That is my intuition - that he isn't lying. And if isn't lying, then he hasn't 'gone.'

And the rumours chop and change with Tom having already signed, to signing a HOA, to trying to get out of a HOA (even though it isn't binding) because he wants to stay, to him having the contract sent to his people after we sent them ours, to now back to he has already signed.

It is my intuition that there is a great deal of bullsh!t in that.

You have misinterpreted. That is my intuition - that he isn't lying. And if isn't lying, then he hasn't 'gone.'

And the rumours chop and change with Tom having already signed, to signing a HOA, to trying to get out of a HOA (even though it isn't binding) because he wants to stay, to him having the contract sent to his people after we sent them ours, to now back to he has already signed.

It is my intuition that there is a great deal of bullsh!t in that.

Perhaps this is all a ploy by Tom and the MFC knowing his knee is shot and it's a way of extracting maximum cash for Tom and maximum compensation for Melbourne; now there's a conspiracy for you.

Anyone else got a theory; irrespective of how stupid it may be?

Anyone else got a theory; irrespective of how stupid it may be?

Tom Scully doesn't actually know how to write.

He attends a school in the Casey region (helpfully, it's a school where he also offers clinics) and is hoping to be able to sign a contract by September.

If he chooses lifetime financial security over an uncertain football journey with his current mates who could blame him for leaving. Sure , he is a super fit ball magnet with exceptional hand-eye coordination but his field kicking is barely acceptable and 40 metres would see him out for distance.If he goes,and we do a couple of successful Brock McLean-type deals through draft concessions,I for one wont be too disappointed with his departure.