The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

7 hours ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

That would be the ultimate ugg boot pun, of course, and I doubt there would ever be one of those ... after all ugg is half of bugger :lol::wacko:

bit like the guy who named his dog fuggly in honour of that endearing footwear

Edited by daisycutter

9 hours ago, daisycutter said:

bit like the guy who named his dog fuggly in honour of that endearing footwear

Fuggly Fido the ugg boot warrior? Sounds a bit like a Sylvester Stallone movie. ... ??

19 hours ago, hemingway said:

Thank you to all the ratbags who live vicariously on this thread. There are times when in deepest despair I turn to this thread for light relief and to catch up on affairs of state, International trade, and activities at the Manor. From Cuba to Romsey, from bananas and guava paste to ugg boots and Conchita.  Reading the other threads is just so depressing and this  week I got close to ending it all (you know my penchant for alcohol and firearms and my underlying pathology of depression and sense of futility in staying alive). And of course following this crazy football team triggers many of these pathologies and behaviours. Then I turned to this thread and my salvation. Thank you to all the wonderful characters that live on this site. Bitters, Earl, Redleg, Maple, Daisy, OD, Picket, Emerald, Red and Bluebeard, Wiseblood. The list goes on and apologies to those not mentioned who frequent this thread with intelligence, humour and matters of utmost seriousness. You make my day and give me hope that there are enough ratbags out there that make life worth living and provide reason to think that following this crazy dysfunctional football team is worthwhile. What wonderful irony that this thread has for the most part, nothing to do with football. 

That’s all well and good, Ernie, but how about telling us where that last, great unpublished manuscript of yours is. We could make a fortune out of it, enough to keep all the ratbags (as you call them and who am I to disagree?) on this thread in bananas until MFC finally wins a flag.

Presumably it’ll need a bit of updating for publication in these strange times. I’d suggest you let Biffen loose on it to toughen up the language (you’ve been getting just a bit too sentimental in your old age if your posts here are any guide). And BBO will obviously be able to provide plenty of advice about those things you might not be so familiar with in terms of modern … err, relationships, for want of a better word.

I’m happy to volunteer as a pale imitation of Max Perkins if required (for a healthy fee, obviously) but I think those two should sort out most of the issues for you.

• Like 1

Thank you to all the ratbags who live vicariously on this thread. There are times when in deepest despair I turn to this thread for light relief and to catch up on affairs of state, International trade, and activities at the Manor. From Cuba to Romsey, from bananas and guava paste to ugg boots and Conchita.  Reading the other threads is just so depressing and this  week I got close to ending it all (you know my penchant for alcohol and firearms and my underlying pathology of depression and sense of futility in staying alive). And of course following this crazy football team triggers many of these pathologies and behaviours. Then I turned to this thread and my salvation. Thank you to all the wonderful characters that live on this site. Bitters, Earl, Redleg, Maple, Daisy, OD, Picket, Emerald, Red and Bluebeard, Wiseblood. The list goes on and apologies to those not mentioned who frequent this thread with intelligence, humour and matters of utmost seriousness. You make my day and give me hope that there are enough ratbags out there that make life worth living and provide reason to think that following this crazy dysfunctional football team is worthwhile. What wonderful irony that this thread has for the most part, nothing to do with football. 

Hemingway I know how you feel. BTW I had a stallion named after you.

What you need to do is put on the ugg boots, over the desert boots, make yourself a banana smoothie and sit down in your favourite chair and watch an episode of bananas in pyjamas.

That will calm you down and make you see what is important in life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redleg said:

What you need to do is put on the ugg boots, over the desert boots, make yourself a banana smoothie and sit down in your favourite chair and watch an episode of bananas in pyjamas.

I love you Redders, a person of sensibility, understanding and taste. 

37 minutes ago, Maple Demon said:

Tango & Cash...now there was a movie that was most definitely not a classic.

A more interesting challenge is to name a Stallone movie that is a classic ... :lol::)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr John Dee said:

That’s all well and good, Ernie, but how about telling us where that last, great unpublished manuscript of yours is. We could make a fortune out of it, enough to keep all the ratbags (as you call them and who am I to disagree?) on this thread in bananas until MFC finally wins a flag.

Presumably it’ll need a bit of updating for publication in these strange times. I’d suggest you let Biffen loose on it to toughen up the language (you’ve been getting just a bit too sentimental in your old age if your posts here are any guide). And BBO will obviously be able to provide plenty of advice about those things you might not be so familiar with in terms of modern … err, relationships, for want of a better word.

I’m happy to volunteer as a pale imitation of Max Perkins if required (for a healthy fee, obviously) but I think those two should sort out most of the issues for you.

That is an awful lot of bananas, which makes it a bit like this thread ... :lol:

12 minutes ago, Redleg said:

But we are playing the bananas in pyjamas this week (sorry for bringing footy into this :lol::wacko:)

Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching?

YES !!

14 minutes ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

But we are playing the bananas in pyjamas this week (sorry for bringing footy into this :lol::wacko:)

Naughty boy!

Might have to send Uncle Bitter over to give you a jolly good flogging.

Edited by Maple Demon

47 minutes ago, Maple Demon said:

Tango & Cash...now there was a movie that was most definitely not a classic.

Totally agree, a little overshadowed by Big Trouble in Little China which had was released at the same time.

But nothing beats Thunderbolt and Lightfoot!

32 minutes ago, Maple Demon said:

Biffen, just wondering if you have found a new base of operations for your various 'business' endeavours?

Not yet Maple ,

I am still fielding offers for the sale of the businesses involved but my base at The Gat is secure for the near future.

The wrecking balls are safely at bay for now but I have seen a dramatic loss in revenue as my clients move to less exclusive areas for their various medicines and massages.

Never easy being a health professional.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Maple Demon said:

What about Turner & Hooch?

The dog was pretty good but I can't stand Tom Hanks slobbering his way through a film.

I know for a fact that Bitters cried throughout Beaches and Thelma and Louise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Biffen said:

The dog was pretty good but I can't stand Tom Hanks slobbering his way through a film.

I know for a fact that Bitters cried throughout Beaches and Thelma and Louise.

I'm tearing up now just being reminded about those films. You are a cruel and heartless drug [censored]  [censored] Biffen!  

Edited by Bitter but optimistic
omitted superlatives.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Sly Stalone's best ever movie was 

erahawhoweryagoingadrieneyouknowiloveya

I realize you don't mention it picket but I am convinced you are a serious drug abuser!!

Now go and get some lessons from my good mate 'luded on how to write serious, clear and precise prose.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

He's a bloody lawyer Ernie! Have you fully lost your grip on the real world? I didn't think you  were that dead.

Yes Bitters I have lost my grip on the real world, worse than ever since I stopped writing and to face the ugliness that's everywhere. I have lost my means of escape that's why the success of out team is so important. On the subject of lawyers you are unkind. Most of them are loveable rogues you just need to make sure your pockets are empty!

1 hour ago, Dr John Dee said:

Thanks Doc I always listen to doctors advice even if I think they are a bunch of do-gooders so I will get back to you. 

1 hour ago, Red and Bluebeard said:

A more interesting challenge is to name a Stallone movie that is a classic ... :lol::)

I took up your challenge and looked up Stallone's filmography hoping to unearth a couple of hidden gems and ... I got nothing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I took up your challenge and looked up Stallone's filmography hoping to unearth a couple of hidden gems and ... I got nothing.

Kind of like the Dees recruiting until a few years ago ... :lol::)

• Like 1