Jump to content


Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Who let this guy in last week?

20190423_174917.jpg

Is 2019 a tanking year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 26.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Redleg

    4061

  • old dee

    3082

  • Bitter but optimistic

    2457

  • daisycutter

    2357

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many aspects of human sexuality are very puzzling. Take celibacy. This can be a choice in life or a condition imposed by environmental factors. While attending a Marriage Encounter Weekend, Tom and Ma

I'm really sad to learn this. Although not a poster I do get many a laugh with all the drivle on here and Jazza with the woes of milking and trying to give up his smokes was always cause for BBO to ad

Posted Images


2 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Who let this guy in last week?

20190423_174917.jpg

I think it is quite funny

 

2 hours ago, Moonshadow said:

Who let this guy in last week?

20190423_174917.jpg

I think it is quite funny Mr. Shadow, it was true back then but now we don't need to tank.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just perused an article in today's Age which has to rank among the most extraordinary things I've ever read.

"An official" in Indonesia claims that "more than 270 election staff have died, mostly of fatigue related illnesses caused by long hours counting millions of ballot papers by hand" !!!!

Now that's commitment . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Just perused an article in today's Age which has to rank among the most extraordinary things I've ever read.

"An official" in Indonesia claims that "more than 270 election staff have died, mostly of fatigue related illnesses caused by long hours counting millions of ballot papers by hand" !!!!

Now that's commitment . 

That's a lot of fingers!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isnt it great how [censored] of a player T*m Sc***y has turned out to be?

Career average of 21 possessions, which coincidentally is also the same number as his pathetic total career Brownlow votes.  Angus Brayshaw got the same amount last season alone.

Its a shame Sc**ly ended up a rich man.  Right place, right time.  [censored] player and an even shitter person.

Crossing my fingers one of our guys knocks him out this week. 

 

Edited by Petraccattack
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Isnt it great how [censored] of a player T*m Sc***y has turned out to be?

Career average of 21 possessions, which coincidentally is also the same number as his pathetic total career Brownlow votes.  Angus Brayshaw got the same amount last season alone.

Its a shame Sc**ly ended up a rich man.  Right place, right time.  [censored] player and an even shitter person.

Crossing my fingers one of our guys knocks him out this week. 

 

Your attempt at humour ( perhaps) lacks one important quality. .... anything funny !!

This thread is a sanctuary against such demeanor and subject. It provides a serenity...our castle ... possibly.

So in the name of Mabo...in the vibe of.... everything.... F#@$ Off !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

Your attempt at humour ( perhaps) lacks one important quality. .... anything funny !!

This thread is a sanctuary against such demeanor and subject. It provides a serenity...our castle ... possibly.

So in the name of Mabo...in the vibe of.... everything.... F#@$ Off !!

Amen to that bb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Isnt it great how [censored] of a player T*m Sc***y has turned out to be?

Career average of 21 possessions, which coincidentally is also the same number as his pathetic total career Brownlow votes.  Angus Brayshaw got the same amount last season alone.

Its a shame Sc**ly ended up a rich man.  Right place, right time.  [censored] player and an even shitter person.

Crossing my fingers one of our guys knocks him out this week. 

 

Is there something about this thread you don't understand?

please remove this comment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, old dee said:

Is there something about this thread you don't understand?

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2019 at 7:14 AM, Bitter but optimistic said:

Just perused an article in today's Age which has to rank among the most extraordinary things I've ever read.

"An official" in Indonesia claims that "more than 270 election staff have died, mostly of fatigue related illnesses caused by long hours counting millions of ballot papers by hand" !!!!

Now that's commitment . 

Told you not to read the paper. Articles like that just show up our work ethic. What's that mean? I hear you ask...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 7:14 AM, Bitter but optimistic said:

Just perused an article in today's Age which has to rank among the most extraordinary things I've ever read.

"An official" in Indonesia claims that "more than 270 election staff have died, mostly of fatigue related illnesses caused by long hours counting millions of ballot papers by hand" !!!!

Now that's commitment . 

Have they blamed the MFC yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Redleg said:

Have they blamed the MFC yet?

Red, unlikely as it seems, I don't think the MFC can be blamed for the death rate during the Indonesian election.

My best guess, is that either a cyclone has wiped out the banana crop or Earl Hood has skipped off with the entire banana crop to sell at extortionate prices in Australian supermarkets and greengrocers. People like Earl always turn someone else's misfortune into an opportunity to make money.

Catch 22. 

Without the nutrients of the humble banana, the Indonesians have been dropping like flies. 

Perhaps we can contact Earl and get him to send a truck of bananas down to AAMI Park for our poor players.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hemingway said:

Red, unlikely as it seems, I don't think the MFC can be blamed for the death rate during the Indonesian election.

My best guess, is that either a cyclone has wiped out the banana crop or Earl Hood has skipped off with the entire banana crop to sell at extortionate prices in Australian supermarkets and greengrocers. People like Earl always turn someone else's misfortune into an opportunity to make money.

Catch 22. 

Without the nutrients of the humble banana, the Indonesians have been dropping like flies. 

Perhaps we can contact Earl and get him to send a truck of bananas down to AAMI Park for our poor players.  

Please Ernest I can’t be blamed for this catastrophe! These days I keep a low profile just trying to help those less fortunate than myself. As you know I was lately vilified by the Banking Royal Commission where my greatest contributions to neoliberal finance which had gained me admission to the International Bankers Hall of Fame, the Laurie Connell award for financial acumen no less, were trashed in full view of everyone as being borderline criminal! Please! 

I mean I pioneered the concepts of “fee for no service” and “life insurance for dead people”. These new financial services revolutionised the industry. But now no thanks to Justice Kenneth Hayne AC, QC, my name is mud amongst my former financial and political peers. 

You soon learn who your real friends are after such a fall. Do I hear from Uncle Bitter these days? Oh no, he denied my very existence three times after Haynes final report. And as for Daisycutter and Moons, enough said! 

 

These days I distribute bananas to the poor from my bananamobile! 

 

09D338FA-20FC-4BE2-AE19-FFDB151B7390.thumb.jpeg.13d768e900b122d7393e2382d431b791.jpeg

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

Please Ernest I can’t be blamed for this catastrophe! These days I keep a low profile just trying to help those less fortunate than myself. As you know I was lately vilified by the Banking Royal Commission where my greatest contributions to neoliberal finance which had gained me admission to the International Bankers Hall of Fame, the Laurie Connell award for financial acumen no less, were trashed in full view of everyone as being borderline criminal! Please! 

I mean I pioneered the concepts of “fee for no service” and “life insurance for dead people”. These new financial services revolutionised the industry. But now no thanks to Justice Kenneth Hayne AC, QC, my name is mud amongst my former financial and political peers. 

You soon learn who your real friends are after such a fall. Do I hear from Uncle Bitter these days? Oh no, he denied my very existence three times after Haynes final report. And as for Daisycutter and Moons, enough said! 

 

These days I distribute bananas to the poor from my bananamobile! 

 

09D338FA-20FC-4BE2-AE19-FFDB151B7390.thumb.jpeg.13d768e900b122d7393e2382d431b791.jpeg

My Dear Earl

I'm sure you understand there was nothing personal in my denial and subsequent shunning of you.

It's just that that scheme of selling alpaca wool mittens into South East Asia that you conned   persuaded me into did cost me a rather exorbitant sum. A sum that, by coincidence I'm sure, would be approximately the price of your rather gaudy vehicle.

Ah well … let bygones be bygones I say. 

Perhaps an invite to sample your sommelier's choice and the licence to indulge in some of the other "offerings" at your Fitzroy pleasure palace might be a step toward restoring good relations.

Cordially

Your forgiving Uncle

Bitter.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

My Dear Earl

I'm sure you understand there was nothing personal in my denial and subsequent shunning of you.

It's just that that scheme of selling alpaca wool mittens into South East Asia that you conned   persuaded me into did cost me a rather exorbitant sum. A sum that, by coincidence I'm sure, would be approximately the price of your rather gaudy vehicle.

Ah well … let bygones be bygones I say. 

Perhaps an invite to sample your sommelier's choice and the licence to indulge in some of the other "offerings" at your Fitzroy pleasure palace might be a step toward restoring good relations.

Cordially

Your forgiving Uncle

Bitter.

 

Uncle Bitter, you seem to be cycling rapidly in mood state, ego one day and alter ego the next. 

Are you ok ?

Has something happened in your personal life that you are not telling us about. 

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hemingway said:

Uncle Bitter, you seem to be cycling rapidly in mood state, ego one day and alter ego the next. 

Are you ok ?

Has something happened in your personal life that you are not telling us about. 

Ernie! I must say I find your concern for my personal welfare quite touching ……………… and it must said, rather more pleasant than your usual moral judgements. ( and …. given that you are a deceased drunken womaniser.. I find those a tad hypocritical)

However, if you find my generous and conciliatory overtures to the good Earl unusual then, just between you and me of course, I must admit to a level of self interest. The goings on at the Earl's inner urban fortress have become quite legendary among those of questionable repute and I'm hanging out ( so to speak) for an invite.

As to my personal life. Well there is much I'm not "telling" about. For a start, I would be permanently removed from this august forum and secondly, most likely become a person of interest for the moral police.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    WASH, RINSE, SPIN, REPEAT! by George On The Outer

    Although the Demons got over the line in their must win final round game against the hapless Bombers, they ensured it was Groundhog Day for their supporters who well remember what happened three years ago (although, this time they at least enjoyed the success of victory). Melbourne had its customary start dominating play and having plenty of chances in front of goal, only to find itself down on the scoreboard at the first change. Inaccurate kicking, particularly from set shots would have pu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE LUCK OF THE DRAW by Whispering Jack

    The long awaited clash between Melbourne and Essendon is almost upon us. Thirty-seven rounds of AFL football have passed by since the two clubs met on a balmy early April night last year in a game that produced a high scoring shootout at the MCG with the Bombers prevailing by 18 points. It was their only meeting for 2019 and happened at a time when the pandemic was something on the far distant horizon. Several months later when the 2019 season ended, the AFL issued the first of its fixtures

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THERE’S STILL A HEARTBEAT by George on the Outer

    When bottom side Adelaide scrapped together a win over the Giants last week, a tiny glimmer of hope opened up for the Demons’ finals chances. The patient was in intensive care but not quite finished — there was a faint pulse, a heart beating ever so slightly but was it enough when two more wins and other results were needed to fall their way? The first step was the resuscitation of a team that had lost its last two matches against sides then sitting fifteenth and sixteenth on the ladder. On

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 1

    THE FINAL HUMILIATION by The Oracle

    On Sunday, the Melbourne Football Club that won three consecutive games by in excess of 50 points last month returns to the Gabba, the scene of the last of those victories which was a 56 point drubbing of Collingwood. The Demons got off to a good start and won every quarter with a ruthless and powerful brand of football. They kicked 16 goals that day, their accuracy in front of goal a tribute to the skills the put on display throughout the afternoon and evening. In the four matches playe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVEN THE OLD HEAVE HO’ by George on the Outer

    Fremantle gave Melbourne the old heave ho’ from playing finals in 2020, in conditions that the Demons yet again failed to handle.   With the whole season on the line and the need to win to stay in contention for finals, what the fans saw was much the same as they have been witnessing so many times before — a complete debacle and capitulation against a side that sat 15th on the ladder before the game.     Promises made after the loss to the 16th placed Sydney Swans were rendered h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GETTING THE HEAVE HO by Bananabender

    The ute barely made it up to Cairns in time for us to check into the motel, fling a cane toad out the bathroom. and head over to Cazaly’s Stadium where we took up our position on the wing. There, we saw a completely different Melbourne to the one we watched on the screen only a few nights earlier from Alice Springs. This lot wore similar colours and Maxy dominated the ruck but the similarities ended there - the Demons were simply dreadful against the Swans. They started sluggishly, were spe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A CLANGER IN CAIRNS by George on the Outer

    Having fought back into finals contention, the Demons had it all before them when facing a lowly Sydney in Cairns.  But in typical Melbourne fashion, they threw away the opportunity to cement their spot in the eight with a clanger of a game.  Right from the start, there was little to enthuse from the Melbourne players, who appeared to think that they only had to turn up, enjoy the North Queensland sun, and take away the four points.  Compared with the furious ground wide pressure of the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    TEN MINUTES LATE by Whispering Jack

    The late Norm Smith, who played in four Melbourne premierships and coached another six, was a strong disciplinarian. Known as the Red Fox for his auburn hair and his cunning, Smith was a man of a different age to the here and now. Born during the Great War, he survived the Spanish Flu Pandemic, grew up in depression times, played mostly through the Second World War and its aftermath and coached in a period of rebuilding and recovery to a time of prosperity. Smith’s success was built on team

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    SAINTS HELL IN DEES HEAVEN by GOTO

    The last of this year’s indigenous games was played in the red heart of the country and could well have determined Melbourne’s finals aspirations but it was St Kilda that had its top four hopes dashed after a nail-biting finish in Alice Springs which saw them unceremoniously marched out of the position in football heaven occupied by them for much of this season. It all came down in the end to a goal-line decision as to whether a freakish shot by Christian Petracca was touched and the goal u

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    DO OR DIE by The Oracle

    Melbourne is, not for the first time, paying for lapses in matches whereby the club leaks multiple goals without answer and which usually cost the club in those all-important eight point games as it did last week against the Western Bulldogs which replaced the Demons in the AFL top eight. And this week, they come up against a team that reputedly plays in the same mode as the Bulldogs but has been able to prevail over better opponents than Melbourne. It’s not that the Demons are out of form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVE THE DOGS A BONE by George on the Outer

    The winner of the game is in the top eight and the loser out. Had Melbourne won, it would have consigned the Bulldogs season to the scrapheap given their remaining fixture which still includes a bye. The Demons led at half-time but they gave the Dogs a bone which was willingly accepted — they notched 6 goals in the third quarter and dumped the Demons out of the eight. This game simply saw all the bad habits return for Melbourne players.  When they serve up dinky kicks, dinky handballs, litt

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    FRENZY by Whispering Jack

    The Melbourne Football Club should hand out an award to the person who came up with the concept of the 20 day football frenzy the football world experienced from Round 9 to the completion of Round 12 on Monday. When the AFL fixture was moved into a state of perpetual motion, things changed so quickly that it was difficult to fathom exactly what was happening to the competition but the Demons have been one of the beneficiaries to date. The flogging the team received at the hands of Port Adel

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews


×
×
  • Create New...