Morton will go to GWS

Dee1987

Yeah, I think that is fair.

And just like with MFC, supporters are being too impatient and not understanding of the process.

I actually believe that more and more are getting to be patient re the whole team building process, but as many are becoming very impatient re Morton's lack of interest in becoming involved in just about every aspect of the game, save for his trademark "making space" aka avoiding the contest!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Artie Bucco

I actually believe that more and more are getting to be patient re the whole team building process, but as many are becoming very impatient re Morton's lack of interest in becoming involved in just about every aspect of the game, save for his trademark "making space" aka avoiding the contest!

hahaha many THINK they are being patient, but they aren't really being anywhere near patient enough.

Holding your tongue for another 6 months is not enough.

It's about understanding what you're seeing from young players, what is a good sign, what is a bad sign, and the catalysts for change.

Many of the criticisms with Morton were not long ago made not long ago in reference to Watts.

Not all players are on the same J curve.

Guest hangon007

Careful. You and many well recognised posters here said the same for Rivers back in September '09 and here in August '09. Here's another.. Also this MacDonald for whom ? thread .

And um...I told you so regarding Geelong being competitive (top 4) again for the Premiership (last October), despite losing Ablett to GC. Much to your disgust at the time. Here it is ... Chris Scott thread .

Don't they look all good on top ?! Must have some great leaders hey ? And they've blooded some youth as stated last October by Scott.

So, be careful on Morton...

edit: there's this pearler too

LMAO ... so I year its Slyvia, next year its Rivers, next year it Martin ... who is it this year ahhhh yes Morton.

Think we definitely have a pattern here ... well spotted.

When my St Kilda supporting buddies were having a go at Goddard they didn't he just wasn't 'tuned in'...

They called him soft, and precious, and rubbish.

Just as with Cale.

Goddard took 7 years. I'm not waiting another three for Cale. He's done.

Guest hangon007

Goddard took 7 years. I'm not waiting another three for Cale. He's done.

Geez what do you say to that. :mellow:

But, it definitely raises the bigger issue. Are we all out of kilter on the levels of patience we have left? Wonder if that's a symptom of how we have been treated in the media this year?

Edited by hangon007

LMAO ... so I year its Slyvia, next year its Rivers, next year it Martin ... who is it this year ahhhh yes Morton.

Think we definitely have a pattern here ... well spotted.

Rivers took no time-Rising star winner .

Scully- no time

Trengrove-none

Morton-really pushing it .

Nice how the mods use old posts against people.

If you aint got it after 50 games - you will struggle to stay relevant here in the future .

I haven't bagged anyone on this forum-except Cale.

Would love him to make me look a fool in the run home- although he doesn't deserve selection .

Guest hangon007

Scully- no time

Trengrove-none

Ok ... so players develop at different rates. Players fluctuate on a year by year basis.

Wonder if there is a reason? Maybe the injury has effected him more than we thought. Just a thought.

Now that not an excuse, but a possible reason. Time is on our side. IMHO.

Erm. "Mods" didn't. High Tower did. If you think mods don't have a right to post their own personal opinion without it being representative of the general moderating collective, you'd be sadly mistaken.

ps..Couldnt give a r@ts should people quote me for future mischief, esp when some have no real opinoins themselves.. ;)

lmao. Well that doesn't appear to be the case above now does it. I'd given my opinions and on both occassions back then, you considered them "not real". B)

Very real.

It's a good way of providing evidence of what was actually written as opposed to ....making stuff up or paraphrasing incorrectly. :$

If you aint got it after 50 games - you will struggle to stay relevant here in the future .

I haven't bagged anyone on this forum-except Cale.

Would love him to make me look a fool in the run home- although he doesn't deserve selection .

Mods are people too, you know.

Even Rhino.

And you can't use old posts against people?

Yeah, it's unfair when I get held to my own words...

Scully- no time

Trengrove-none

Watts?

Jamar?

An effload of other players?

And Morton's first two years were quite good.

In fact, he was one of the reasons to go to the footy in 08 and 09.

He's stalled but don't hold him to an unfair example.

Everyone has the right to challenge others in a forum. Get over it.

If that doesn't work. Build a bridge..

All right - I'll build a bridge -did you get that one from Degrassi Junior High ?

Does everyone have the right?

Good.

Then as I said before -Morton is really struggling to win me over with his outside play .

I don't have it in him for him at all and WANT him to prove me wrong .

Does anyone here really think he has been physical enough without the ball or accurate enough with it?

Edited by Captain Jack Jordan

Mods are people too, you know.

Even Rhino.

And you can't use old posts against people?

Yeah, it's unfair when I get held to my own words...

It's unfair to have a guy in the team that doesn't do the hard yards -that is all .

Rhino and HT can say whatever enters their mind .

They can scour the older posts as much as they like to try to justify Cale Mortons' lack of intensity .

Erm. "Mods" didn't. High Tower did. If you think mods don't have a right to post their own personal opinion without it being representative of the general moderating collective, you'd be sadly mistaken.

So is it their own or is it the "general moderating collective" .

Big Bother(s)

So is it their own or is it the "general moderating collective" .

Big Bother(s)

They are just people, you realise.

That spend some of their own time to manage the nonsense we spout on here every day.

Respect?

They are just people, you realise.

That spend some of their own time to manage the nonsense we spout on here every day.

Respect?

Where it's due .Yes .

They are more than people-they are MFC people .

However , if i don't like what a Mod says or does then I'll say so .

The issue is Morton right?

Criticism wont kill him .

Neither would manning up /going in hard /hitting a target .

Where it's due .Yes .

They are more than people-they are MFC people .

However , if i don't like what a Mod says or does then I'll say so .

Where it's warranted I'd hope and the same should go for any member on here. We're all supporters of the club. Everyone is entitled to challenge, scour recent posts to support their argument as in this case.

I thought you built that bridge...

The issue is Morton right?

Criticism wont kill him .

Neither would manning up /going in hard /hitting a target .

Yes. Constructive criticism is fine. So let's continue the discussion re: Morton.

It's unfair to have a guy in the team that doesn't do the hard yards -that is all .

Rhino and HT can say whatever enters their mind .

They can scour the older posts as much as they like to try to justify Cale Mortons' lack of intensity .

This case wasn't justifying Morton's lack of intensity. It's intention was to highlight the consistent nature of one posters past views of arriving at hastily conclusions without thinking of the consequences. Views that I believe are trasparently incorrect in each case and are proven incorrect in each case. My suggestion in this case was to be "careful" of making perhaps the same embarrassing error as previous one's.

You'll begin to realise the same characteristics over time here through the nature of one's posts and opinions.

Now, back to Morton..

(If you still want to discuss this further, PM me and leave the Morton discussion to continue for the threads benefit)

This case wasn't justifying Morton's lack of intensity. It's intention was to highlight the consistent nature of one posters past views of arriving at hastily conclusions without thinking of the consequences. Views that I believe are trasparently incorrect in each case and are proven incorrect in each case. My suggestion in this case was to be "careful" of making perhaps the same embarrassing error as previous one's.

You'll begin to realise the same characteristics over time here through the nature of one's posts and opinions.

Now, back to Morton..

(If you still want to discuss this further, PM me and leave the Morton discussion to continue for the threads benefit)

You often tell people to be "careful" when they challenge/disagree with you HT .

Using glib little schoolgirl phrasing like "build a bridge" when I point out your pedantic drudgery.

I'll carefully suggest you tell me your opinion on Morton (the topic remember)

and whether we should go around for us next year or not .

Morton seems to prefer point scoring opportunities without any real commitment to those doing the unpleasant business .

Now I'll go and build my bridge-you can live under it when I'm finished .

You often tell people to be "careful" when they challenge/disagree with you HT .

Using glib little schoolgirl phrasing like "build a bridge" when I point out your pedantic drudgery.

I'll carefully suggest you tell me your opinion on Morton (the topic remember)

and whether we should go around for us next year or not .

Morton seems to prefer point scoring opportunities without any real commitment to those doing the unpleasant business .

Now I'll go and build my bridge-you can live under it when I'm finished .

Did you just quote HT's post ? I thought you frowned upon such underhanded methods of debate comrade.

On Morton I have my own personal opinion. Regardless of his intensity or waivering lack of it I just don't believe he has the tools to become the quality player that many had hoped.