Tom Scully

Rogue

Research has been conducted which has found that any additional money above earnings of $80,000 pa has absolutely no impact on ones happiness.

Obviously no drugs , hookers or fast cars used in that research .

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geee 1m a year or 600k i know what i'd be taking....

Don't Forget to factor in how much Julia Gillard will take from that pile....most people forget that one.

Tom could end up with more money at the MFC with some extra work on the side.

Edited by why you little

Research has been conducted which has found that any additional money above earnings of $80,000 pa has absolutely no impact on ones happiness.

Because that was just the amount of money required to stay permanently inebriated and thus forget about the fact that your too poor to live 'comfortably'

Are you insinuating that Scully has lied to you, the club and the general public?

No I was getting in before all the doomsday theorist on this site have a crack....

most will discredit this article wanting to believe he has signed but their is a big chance that this was the offer everyone was waiting for and Tom has been honest from the start and need a few apologizes from people on this site.

Edited by Wolfmother

Once Tom makes his decision, he will either be remembered as the bloke who took the money, or the bloke who refused to bow to cash. This will affect his reputation for the rest of his life (not just his playing career). The question is, what's his reputation worth?

I know that GWS has offered nearly twice as much, but how many 3rd year players have been offered $600k/year, ever? Franklin? Selwood? Judd? $600k is still bloody good coin. I wouldn't want us to offer anything too much higher. In fact i wouldn't want us to offer anything more than what's already been put to him.

Over to you Tom.

This thread really has gone on way too long - Scully has a simple choice - good luck to him whichever way he jumps. If he stays, MFC wins. If he goes, then the door is open for someone else to step up and MFC wins. (Example: Schwarz took over from Spalding.) Time to move on, it's a team game!

Guest 36DD

Obviously no drugs , hookers or fast cars used in that research .

Nice Segway to a George Best quote

"I spent 90 per cent of my money on birds, booze and fast cars. The rest I just wasted".

That might well be the case...i just seem to remember some timeliness of occasion , that Buckley and Scully shared proximity.

Happy to be corrected :)

Buckley and Scully came together when the team went to South Africa from my memory back in 2007/8.Monday, 19 November 2007

Buckley began an unofficial coaching apprenticeship as the AFL's high-performance coach.

His responsibilities included the development and promotion of young athletes as well as the implementation of coaching and leadership strategies.He went to South Africa with Tom Scully.

Buckley believed that accepting the role will help with his move into the AFL coaching ranks should the opportunity arise saying "I'd be better placed and more rounded, with a greater understanding of my strengths and weaknesses, and ready to have a crack."

This is where I think the connection was between Scully/& FIGJAM.

There's a difference between someone saying "I've heard noises" and "I'm certain". Naivete works both ways. You could be accused of the same.

You get less attention with "I've heard noises," and how can someone be 98% or 99.5% sure? Either they are certain or they are not. You can't be 98% pregnant.

Yes there are. They lose credibility.

How do journos lose credibility? They don't. The players criticise their ability to saw what they want but that is it. TV and radio stations like ratings and controversy.

Yes there are. They become distrusted.

How do we know that? If there are no repercussions and you think someone is genuine - you believe them and repeat what they say. And if journos can say what they like, sources don't have to worry.

I don't know about Sheehan. I haven't heard him go on the record with any conviction the way Schwarz and Stevens have.

My point is that journos get burnt.

And nothing happens.

He is still "the best footy journo in town" and he is talks with Gubby Allan.

Any number of sources. My guess is that Scully passed on his decision to the club, who in turn have informed a few select journos in order to "get the truth out".

Your guess?

I couldn't disagree more with that guess.

Utterly unfollowable.

Scully is a liar. Scully told the club the awful truth. The club won't do anything about it, except leak the info?

If we knew we would be bringing this to a head in an instant.

Yes I think some of them would steer clear given his form as a distributor of lies. Anyone who says they're "certain" based on a phone call from Gubby Allen is an outright mug.

You think the Ox and Stevens are just that. I don't.

Allan is the architect of this nonsense. It doesn't mean that he is the voice on the other end of the Stevens/Schwarz phone calls.

These rumours are coming from north of the border - not the Demons. And not Tom.

And journos love being the news when they give 'the news.'

You are taking it at their word, and I am taking Tom at his.

Guest 36DD

Keith Richards is still alive....Best had no stamina.:lol:

Big respect for Keith, my hangovers last for six days now, guess its easier if you never sober up.

How long can this kid allow himself to be the sole focus of our season?

He is the focus because the footy media is hanging off every rumour with equal veracity.

How do they not see their own stupidity when they move between contradictory rumour to contradictory rumour?

First Tom had signed, then he had tried to get out of a non-binding HoA, then he was 98% confirmed to have signed, then he hadn't signed anything but the offers had been tabled.

The footy media move between them without the slightest self-awareness over what they said last week...

Don't Forget to factor in how much Julia Gillard will take from that pile....most people forget that one.

Tom could end up with more money at the MFC with some extra work on the side.

Any extra money he makes on the side will be taxed at the same rate as the extra money GWS are prepared to pay him.

if we can afford 600k, then let him walk if he wants. since free agency comes in we have the potential to sign more good young talent.

if we can afford 600k, then let him walk if he wants. since free agency comes in we have the potential to sign more good young talent.

Good Call!

That money will be better spend on a key forward as a free agent. Plenty of midfielders to take his spot.

Guest dieharderdee

Once Tom makes his decision, he will either be remembered as the bloke who took the money, or the bloke who refused to bow to cash. This will affect his reputation for the rest of his life (not just his playing career). The question is, what's his reputation worth?

I think $400,000 per year that should about cover it. No matter how you slice it thats a big chunk of change. Bye tom

Happy for him to take $600k a year and stay with us so long as he takes a pay cut with the other players when we need to keep another key player in the future!

Edited by Real Demon

What Tom will consider is the 2 deals after tax,here are the after tax amounts:

$1,000,000 after tax is $576,450

$600,000 after tax is $356,450

So his in pocket difference is $220,000

Even if we come up with a 100k deal,i doubt he'd leave his family for 120k and be a nobody in Western Sydney for 15 years.We also play on the MCG 14+ times a year,GWS will play there once a year if that.Dees are 5 years more advanced than GWS and they'll get flogged by 15 goals every week and Tom will be heavily tagged ala Bulldogs.

All we have to do is find a Juddy deal which the AFL will have to approve and Tom will stay.

Guest 36DD

What Tom will consider is the 2 deals after tax,here are the after tax amounts:

$1,000,000 after tax is $576,450

$600,000 after tax is $356,450

So his in pocket difference is $220,000

Even if we come up with a 100k deal,i doubt he'd leave his family for 120k and be a nobody in Western Sydney for 15 years.We also play on the MCG 14+ times a year,GWS will play there once a year if that.Dees are 5 years more advanced than GWS and they'll get flogged by 15 goals every week and Tom will be heavily tagged ala Bulldogs.

All we have to do is find a Juddy deal which the AFL will have to approve and Tom will stay.

assuming Mike Sheehan has any credibility