Tom Scully

Rogue

Guest hangon007

Whole interview will be on the sunday footy show. And SEN have the Gubby Allen lie of the week for a reason.

I reckon they've tried to speak to Tom and he stonewalled them.

Thanks ... think I will watch. But I suppose that was the idea of the 30 second grab on the FT ... almost a promo for the Sunday Show. Wonder who is really pulling the strings.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hangon007

Of course things aren't going that well for GWS - doyou really think their first choice was Callan Ward??!?

I mean, he'll be a fine player, but he's hardly the bloke you build a side around.

And at that money! Incredible.

He's not their first choice, and I doubt he's even their 5th choice.

Out of the Doggies ... pick 19 in the 2007 draft played 50+ games. Ooooohhhhh ... geez it would have to been close for a player from Western Oval. Seems to fit the "5 year flag profile"

The 2005-2006-2007 drafts look like good places to start. But hey ... yeah you could be right.

Grubby's body language last night on the TV told me that.. its time to put on a show. This is not going to be as easy as I thought... that AFL gave us a top hand. But wait nobody of note wants to commit at this stage.

IMHO his performance was below par, smelt of desperation & he fumbled his words under pressure.

I would have loved to have seen the whole interview & not a 30 second grab.

I took the opposite view, unless he is one hell of an actor, just maybe the tide is turning back in our direction. Just maybe the "wheels are not turning" at the pace GWS want.

Cue ... more BS rumours. Cue more $$$$$ ... cue longer contracts for lessor players. Very interesting times ahead.

Oh i agree the wheels are not turning as easily as GWS would want, but looking at that slimebag Grubby last night, they have been talking and working a lot behind the scenes. Those that think no talking has been going on are dreaming.

There maybe an air of desperation, but i don't think that has been shown yet.

This GWSgate along with the AFLPA situation make for a very intersting next 6-8 months.

I hope the MFC remain rock solid & united.

Guest Artie Bucco

Out of the Doggies ... pick 19 in the 2007 draft played 50+ games. Ooooohhhhh ... geez it would have to been close for a player from Western Oval. Seems to fit the "5 year flag profile"

The 2005-2006-2007 drafts look like good places to start. But hey ... yeah you could be right.

He may be the pick out of the doggies, but would he be your pick of who to pay $4.5mil over 5 years..?

Remember, they can only offer that amount to so many players, even with their increased salary cap.

Surely they'd prefer to throw that money at a bigger star.

ive heard from people who play at the same WAFL club as Palmer that he has signed, so he could be the one that GWS are saying they have allready done the deal with? Would also explain why he hasnt been given a run in the Dockers until recently even with all of the injury woes

If it is found in 4-6 years or so GWS have breached the salary cap in order to try and keep their top draft picks as well as the players they've raided do you think they'll face any sanctions? NRL stripped the Storm of their cups and made them play outthe year for no points. AFL would give GWS a slap on the wrist and let them go about their business.

Thats what i think.

Unless they arent interested in current stars and only want palyers who will be coming into their prime at the same stage as theur young list?

If it is found in 4-6 years or so GWS have breached the salary cap in order to try and keep their top draft picks as well as the players they've raided do you think they'll face any sanctions? NRL stripped the Storm of their cups and made them play outthe year for no points. AFL would give GWS a slap on the wrist and let them go about their business.

It would be covered up, like all the illegal deals are in the AFL.

I doubt we would even hear about it, Not while the Fat Controller was in charge anyway.

The Storm were owned outside the NRL so they had no qualms in pulling them apart. at the same time a number of clubs got away with it no doubt.

I wonder if Brian Waldron will apply for any GWS Vacancies..He would fit in there well with Grubby.

Edited by why you little

I don't agree with your doomsday prediction. The AFL can help the SA clubs become independent while growing the game nationally.

But they don't want to fight too many wars on too many fronts. I think Demetriou is crazy not to agree to the players collective bargaining proposal - he's getting a great deal there. The players were very smart to suggest that they involve Fair Work Australia in the discussions - no surprise Demetriou doesn't like that idea. "Now just explain this draft thing to me again and how a player comes to be playing at a club". Despite the media reports that the AFL is "smashing" the AFLPA I read it completely the opposite way. The AFL must retain the draft and salary cap.

Doesn't belong in the Scully thread.

I agree. Anything that has to do with the words "Demetriou" and "Fair" in combination together :blink: don't belong here.

The comparison with Storm is interesting. All NRL people want it to fail, they hate the Storm and we so happy when they got what they got. The supporters (most not all) fail to see the big picture with there sport and hence it isn't growing. They were to happy to watch Melbourne suffer and happily looked at picking up the players but failing to realise it was also the players who were accepting these deals knowing htey were dodgy. I don't think Tom or Ward will accept a deal knowing it is dodgy.

Guest hangon007

Oh i agree the wheels are not turning as easily as GWS would want, but looking at that slimebag Grubby last night, they have been talking and working a lot behind the scenes. Those that think no talking has been going on are dreaming.

There maybe an air of desperation, but i don't think that has been shown yet.

This GWSgate along with the AFLPA situation make for a very intersting next 6-8 months.

I hope the MFC remain rock solid & united.

Yeah ... not saying I dont agree. But when the "jungle drums" start beating it normally for a reason. Surely you dont go to war if things are going your way. However, I'm just not sure who is pulling the strings. If I could find that person & I was 100% sure .. then I could nail him. But time is on my side.

Edited by hangon007

The comparison with Storm is interesting. All NRL people want it to fail, they hate the Storm and we so happy when they got what they got. The supporters (most not all) fail to see the big picture with there sport and hence it isn't growing. They were to happy to watch Melbourne suffer and happily looked at picking up the players but failing to realise it was also the players who were accepting these deals knowing htey were dodgy. I don't think Tom or Ward will accept a deal knowing it is dodgy.

AFL has had its fair share of salary cap issues...

But I agree that League fans wish to see the Storm die, and they just don't 'get it' when it comes to growing their sport in Australia.

Union will punish them when the Force get their act together and when McQueen works his magic, and the AFL won't even see them in the rear view...

AFL has had its fair share of salary cap issues...

But I agree that League fans wish to see the Storm die, and they just don't 'get it' when it comes to growing their sport in Australia.

Union will punish them when the Force get their act together and when McQueen works his magic, and the AFL won't even see them in the rear view...

pssst - McQueen has stepped down as rebels coach

Edited by nutbean

Yeah ... not saying I dont agree. But when the "jungle drums" start beating it normally for a reason. Surely you dont go to war if things are going your way. However, I'm just not sure who is pulling the strings. If I could find that person & I was 100% sure .. then I could nail him. But time is on my side.

I would say the strings are being pulled from inside the top floor offices of the AFL.

If Todays article in the HUN is infact even half right, it shows us that the 16 Presidents & CS from the working party did infact have reservations over Young players being targets for GWS.

This is a big point, that todays Radio has been quiet about suprisingly.

The AFL pushed this all through regardless of the token President vote...I am very concerned about this. Now and into the future, because it tells me that these clubs will be given preferential treatments for years & years (For the good of the game!!!) whilst the MFC will have to stand in line with a lot of other "original" clubs.

Thank God this club re invented itself in 2007-8 otherwise we would be in tatters by now.

He has ?!

Ha. I didn't know that one. Thanks for keeping me up to speed.

Was at the weary dunlop lunch last week

- new coach - damien hill - was an assistant i think

- beale and oconnor both signed and coming ( a one year deal for each)

- somerville and another forward whose name escapes me has retired

Was at the weary dunlop lunch last week

- new coach - damien hill - was an assistant i think

- beale and oconnor both signed and coming ( a one year deal for each)

- somerville and another forward whose name escapes me has retired

Still heavily involved down there though.

Guest hangon007

He may be the pick out of the doggies, but would he be your pick of who to pay $4.5mil over 5 years..?

Remember, they can only offer that amount to so many players, even with their increased salary cap.

Suppose if I dont want to lose any momentum ... I would consider it. If things have slowed down, I need to get the ball rolling.

Maybe, just maybe it might pull a head out of the crowd that things ... "geez if you are offering that much. Damn I would be an idiot not to talk to you toooooo...."

But, I could be way off the mark. I just dont know who is pulling the strings. All is not as it would appear.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

I would say the strings are being pulled from inside the top floor offices of the AFL.

Hard to fight two wars at once ... think somebody might be taking advantage of that.

Mark Kleiman, Scully's former manager talking with Barrett on over 55's (assume its on 3AW, not sure) in about an hour about where Scully's at...

I'm in the West, so anyone who can listen in, should be worthwhile, as he disputes what Barrett reported last night...

Hard to fight two wars at once ... think somebody might be taking advantage of that.

yes, you could be right....I would imagine there are some very long and quite heated discussions being had at quite a few foundation clubs right now as they come to a realization that they have (unwittingly) agreed to go to war....

Mark Kleiman, Scully's former manager talking with Barrett on over 55's (assume its on 3AW, not sure) in about an hour about where Scully's at...

I'm in the West, so anyone who can listen in, should be worthwhile, as he disputes what Barrett reported last night...

Interesting exchange of tweets between the two. Clearly not seeing eye-to-eye and having digs at one another. I'll be tuning in to hear if anything is said. Clearly Kleiman regarded Barrett's reporting last night of a deadline as rubbish.

Interesting exchange of tweets between the two. Clearly not seeing eye-to-eye and having digs at one another. I'll be tuning in to hear if anything is said. Clearly Kleiman regarded Barrett's reporting last night of a deadline as rubbish.

Keep us posted if you can...