• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully

Rogue

Guest 36DD

What a repulsive bloke. Like a smug Gary Busey on Valium.

he didn't look so smug kickin across goal at the Western Oval

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is indeed the deal, then good luck to him.

Can't possibly see him staying, because we can't get close to that, and nor should we.

Scully might be good, but he is not that good and he is not worth even close to that sort of money. There is also a reason why GWS want to sign him up long term... they obviously don't back themselves to keep him in 2 years time if he was to come out of contract.

However, we have to keep taking everything with a grain of salt. The media keep reporting he's signed and gone, but he hasn't even been approached by GWS yet. If he was their main man, and with that sort of offer you'd think he is, surely they'd have approached him already with a deal, as they have done with Ward.

Smoke screens, or playing by the rules?

EDIT: Over my dead body is Scully worthy of being one of, if not the highest paid player in the league. Joke.

7 mill over 6 years.. how can you match that? that is ridiculous

If its true, you would be an idiot to refuse that. Id thought he'd stay but if thats the money on offer, well Im resigned to losing him now. After all it is his career, who wouldn't switch jobs for that amount.

$7m over 6 years is serious coin. If true and I doubt it is I think we can bid farewell to Tom. Save the dough for someone else.

On the other hand, imagine having Gubby Allen and Sheedy selling you the dream of playing for the GWS. You'd need to shower afterwards wouldn't you? Don't think i've ever seen a more slimy looking individual. Maybe they'd go with the Slimy Cop, Crazy Cop option.

Anyone know what GWS' salary cap is? If you had a financial interest in that club, you'd have to asking whether that was a prudent investment wouldn't you?

Would be quite the coup if Tom stays now. A lot of "journalists" with egg on their faces.

Shame the game has come to this...

Gubby Allen = Shifty!

But I did take note off his response to Damo's question re. Tom.

"Is there a deadline in place for Tom Scully."

"No! (sighing) Who says we've even spoken to him?"

Now I have no idea how to take this guy, as he is a different sort, but that would be consistent with Wolmother's reported conversation with Scully... i.e. they haven't even made an approach.

This whole thing is [censored]

If that is indeed the deal, then good luck to him.

Can't possibly see him staying, because we can't get close to that, and nor should we.

Scully might be good, but he is not that good and he is not worth even close to that sort of money. There is also a reason why GWS want to sign him up long term... they obviously don't back themselves to keep him in 2 years time if he was to come out of contract.

However, we have to keep taking everything with a grain of salt. The media keep reporting he's signed and gone, but he hasn't even been approached by GWS yet. If he was their main man, and with that sort of offer you'd think he is, surely they'd have approached him already with a deal, as they have done with Ward.

Smoke screens, or playing by the rules?

They're mad if they don't hve a red hot crack at him. Let's be honest, He is a freak talent and has come off a long term injury to be instrumental in our victories over the past two weeks. He's a gun.

If those figures are true, good luck to him. Let's get two high first round picks as compo.

if Barrett is right.. and GWS are only targeting 5 players this year and will target the rest next year.. you would think they would front load the crap out of scully and ward's contract so they have plenty to spend the years after on players like Pendles, etc

But then again (I didnt see him being interviewed)if he is as slimy as everyone here is saying, what if it is not true and he is just fanning the fires so that some dopey supporter may boo him or prod the Club into asking him to make a decision al la Geelong which didnt do them any good. I hope we suddenly dont lose our nerve and panic. The team could lose their focus and one sure way of keeping him is to keep on winning.

They're mad if they don't hve a red hot crack at him. Let's be honest, He is a freak talent and has come off a long term injury to be instrumental in our victories over the past two weeks. He's a gun.

If those figures are true, good luck to him. Let's get two high first round picks as compo.

So, he's better than Judd and Ablett and Franklin? Not even close.

He might be up there, but he isn't proven, he is small bodied, his kicking needs work and his knee is suspect.

How the f' is GWS going to build a team, a serious team, if they've invested that much money into one individual who isn't even a proven commodity yet. It's also why I think the whole Ward situation is a joke. As if that kid is worth that much money.

Ablett went to the GC and got paid the big bucks after 2 premierships and a Brownlow, is captaining their club and is their figurehead. Who in Western Sydney has even heard of Scully? What has he done in the game thus far to give GWS that sort of return on investment?

You have to remember that it's not just about winning games, it's about them building a brand and gathering support. Scully is not in the same league as Ablett when it comes to that. To suggest he's worth equal money is just dumb management.

Are they so desperate, having been turned down by everyone who is good, to snare somebody, that they are throwing stupid money at random kids?

Regardless, if that is what they offer him, he should and will go, and it won't bother me. He doesn't deserve that sort of coin and we'll do just fine spreading our cap more evenly and paying a far larger numbers of star players who will get us to a premiership.

Paranoia central. What if his motive is to create an illusion that his motive is this, whilst really his motive is to create an illusion that his motive is that, while it really is actually that other thing.

if Barrett is right.. and GWS are only targeting 5 players this year and will target the rest next year.. you would think they would front load the crap out of scully and ward's contract so they have plenty to spend the years after on players like Pendles, etc

Pendelbury is not a moron.

You think he'd come across for less than $10mil over 6 years if Scully is being offered $7mil?

Besides, GWS will have 95% of their list coming out of contract in 2 years time. I'd say that a good 50% of those will be looking to get the hell out of there. If they want to keep these kids they are drafting they need to balance the spreadsheets a bit better, or they'll be left with Ward, Scully and Pendelbury running the show by themselves.

Gubby Allen = Shifty!

"Is there a deadline in place for Tom Scully."

"No! (sighing) Who says we've even spoken to him?"

Now I have no idea how to take this guy, as he is a different sort, but that would be consistent with Wolmother's reported conversation with Scully... i.e. they haven't even made an approach.

They don't have to speak to Scully, the media is doing it for them ;) .

GWS are now turning the heat up on their media push for Tom Scully, the real offer will come soon Tom.... This is a waiting game for all involved.

Yes there is a deadline, they can't sign Scully in round 2 next year...

North of 7 million for 6 years, if thats the offer, i'd say he's gone.... :( But who knows? :wacko:

So, he's better than Judd and Ablett and Franklin? Not even close.

He might be up there, but he isn't proven, he is small bodied, his kicking needs work and his knee is suspect.

How the f' is GWS going to build a team, a serious team, if they've invested that much money into one individual who isn't even a proven commodity yet. It's also why I think the whole Ward situation is a joke. As if that kid is worth that much money.

Ablett went to the GC and got paid the big bucks after 2 premierships and a Brownlow, is captaining their club and is their figurehead. Who in Western Sydney has even heard of Scully? What has he done in the game thus far to give GWS that sort of return on investment?

You have to remember that it's not just about winning games, it's about them building a brand and gathering support. Scully is not in the same league as Ablett when it comes to that. To suggest he's worth equal money is just dumb management.

Are they so desperate, having been turned down by everyone who is good, to snare somebody, that they are throwing stupid money at random kids?

Regardless, if that is what they offer him, he should and will go, and it won't bother me. He doesn't deserve that sort of coin and we'll do just fine spreading our cap more evenly and paying a far larger numbers of star players who will get us to a premiership.

Do you really think Scully is a 'random kid'? C'mon now Jaded, get your head out of the clouds. Judd isn't the best kick either.

He is A GUN. and a gun who's brand has already been cleverly half-built via a year's worth of true-or-not tabloid articles.

I agree with you though that we should move on from him quickly if does go and try and get the best deal we can in compo in return.

Is that you hangon007

Nah, I just think this "offer" is absolutely laughable. It makes NO sense in any minute way. Whatsoever!

Do you really think Scully is a 'random kid'? C'mon now Jaded, get your head out of the clouds. Judd isn't the best kick either.

He is A GUN. and a gun who's brand has already been cleverly half-built via a year's worth of true-or-not tabloid articles.

I agree with you though that we should move on from him quickly if does go and try and get the best deal we can in compo in return.

To people who live in Western Sydney and have zero interest in footy, he is just a random kid.

His 'brand' has been built as an indecisive kid, not as the sort of person who wants to, or will indeed lead a new club to a premiership. Do you really see him spruiking the brand to the masses? He strikes me as the sort of kid who wants to play footy and not be bothered by all the rubbish that goes with it.

I'm not saying he won't be a gun, he will be, he'll probably be in the top 10 players in the competition, but he is not at a stage in his career where he should be, or deserves to be offer that sort of money.

I can't understand all the comments about being a mug if you don't accept the $7m over 6 years.

I personally don't believe that the $ is what motivates every single human being. Who is to say that T S is one of those people?

Oh and Damian Barrett is [censored] and it pretty [censored] poor for GWS to make a offer on national TV after both the Player and his Manager have said they will not discuss anything till after the season. So far Sculls has been adamant that he wants to concentrate on playing football and GWS trying to force the issue by making an offer public could just anger the player as it is a very big distraction. I hope it all blows up in their faces.

Oh and Barrett's a [censored]...dejavu or what

Pendelbury is not a moron.

You think he'd come across for less than $10mil over 6 years if Scully is being offered $7mil?

ahh.. i never said that??

what i was getting at is if they only have 5 uncontracted players plus a list full of bottom wage rookies.. you could pay scully and ward the majority of their salaries in the first year.. that way they can still offer massive contracts to players (like pendles) next year because most of scully and ward's contract have been paid in the first year!

Just having a look over Mark Kleiman's twitter account?

Was he Tom's former manager?

Anyway this is how his tweet went "cannot believe the crap i just heard on the footy show by Damian Barret & the deadline for Scully and GWS. Couldn't be further from the truth"

Thoughts???

ahh.. i never said that??

what i was getting at is if they only have 5 uncontracted players plus a list full of bottom wage rookies.. you could pay scully and ward the majority of their salaries in the first year.. that way they can still offer massive contracts to players (like pendles) next year because most of scully and ward's contract have been paid in the first year!

So they'll pay Scully and Ward a combined $10,000,000 in their first year and Pendelbury $6,000,000 in his first year?

Interesting. Stupid. Won't happen. Good luck to them if they are that friggin dumb.

Besides, no player wants to get taxed on that sort of yearly salary. The advantages of having your contract spread out more evenly is far greater for players.

Btw, we too can, and have front-loaded contracts. We also have Jamar and Davey going onto the Vets list soon.

Just having a look over Mark Kleiman's twitter account?

Was he Tom's former manager?

Anyway this is how his tweet went "cannot believe the crap i just heard on the footy show by Damian Barret & the deadline for Scully and GWS. Couldn't be further from the truth"

Thoughts???

Kleiman works at Velocity. His wife is PA to Adrian Anderson. Googled him.

$7 Million over 6 years is great coin, but 6 years is also a bloody long time.

That Gubby Allan looked so Dodgy, would you want to see that [censored] everyday for 6 years???

Gubby Allan came across as the smugest looking swine I have ever seen.

TS will see right through that peanut