The Alternative Guernsey

Vagg

My issue with the current clash strip is the lack of history and story it brings to the table. I'd rather a plain white guernsey with a navy blue & red intertwined 'MFC' monogram in the middle (similar to the MCC), or a red guernsey with a navy blue 'MFC' mongram in the middle. That way it still ties in with the history of the club. We have the 'MFC' monogram in our logo, and we also used to use training tops with the 'MFC' monogram.

I don't hate the current clash... just don't like the lack of past relevance it carries, when it seems like we as a club are trying to get back more to the past traditions.

I might be, but given the huge threads ranting about alternate strips before our current one was adopted, contrasted with the almost complete lack of interest in the topic now, I don't reckon I am.

I reckon the bump by Benno (good benno rp, not bad Benno) just about sums that up to a tee Rogue. (That topic now closed). Discuss here.

i reckon they should get rid of the pink and make it red then it might look good..... i know there trying to get this blood red thing going but on the white jumper it looks garbage, i hated

last years clash strip but the red looked red not pink, and lets not get into this peoples impressions of red are different blah blah blah ive been to the game, it looks pink, watched at home

its pink, watched it at a mates its pink, watched it at the pub.......yeah i couldnt tell u on this one!

I really thought my idea of replacing the white on our current clash guernsey with pale blue was a reasonable one. I'm a bit surprised that, apart from Daisycutter, nobody else on this board is willing to even consider it. Especially given the previous vents against any white on our jumpers from posters here.

Okay, guys. I accept defeat, and acknowledge no-one on here is even remotely interested in the idea of keeping our current alternative strip, with the one change of replacing all the white with pale blue.

I might be, but given the huge threads ranting about alternate strips before our current one was adopted, contrasted with the almost complete lack of interest in the topic now, I don't reckon I am.

When people stop listening / engaging, it doesn't mean they aren't interested.

Fans were VERY keen to have some buy in, some voice, on a key issue for (most of) them - identity.

What for? The AFL had already pre-determined the majority of the outcome.

Common sense is over ruled - Pink umpires, pink players.

Non standard kit enforced - Hooped socks.

Some clubs are more equal than others.

To top it all off, clubs have been made and will continue to be made to wear these things in grand finals.

How are supporters supposed to engage that demonstrated system in good faith?

When people stop listening / engaging, it doesn't mean they aren't interested.

Fans were VERY keen to have some buy in, some voice, on a key issue for (most of) them - identity.

What for? The AFL had already pre-determined the majority of the outcome.

Common sense is over ruled - Pink umpires, pink players.

Non standard kit enforced - Hooped socks.

Some clubs are more equal than others.

To top it all off, clubs have been made and will continue to be made to wear these things in grand finals.

How are supporters supposed to engage that demonstrated system in good faith?

Is this very relevant to the suggestion that we should replace the white in our alternative strip with a light blue?

Is this very relevant to the suggestion that we should replace the white in our alternative strip with a light blue?

Yes it is. The whole arguement is relevent.

Diluting the Power of the Home strip to help compensate for the loss of the Home Ground advantage...

Yes it is. The whole arguement is relevent.

Diluting the Power of the Home strip to help compensate for the loss of the Home Ground advantage...

No - that's irrelevant to whether white or light blue is better.

:D

Hey, Rogue! Thanks for wading in! But, as you can see, seems we are flogging a dead horse.

Out of curiosity, do you have any opinion on my suggestion?

Hey, Rogue! Thanks for wading in! But, as you can see, seems we are flogging a dead horse.

Out of curiosity, do you have any opinion on my suggestion?

Hi Vagg,

As I said earlier, I don't mind the current strip.

I don't like the idea of light blue, but it's no worse than some of the suggestions that have been mentioned on here.

I agree re: the shorts though (the whole home/away short colour thing is one I've banged on about a bit on Demonland).

I don't see why we can't have a red clash jumper. Essendon seems to get away with a red clash uniform... so why can't we?

DemonsClash2012.jpg

My dream clash strip from 2012 onwards. It looks like a traditional football jumper, and incorporates a bit of club history whilst avoiding a clash (front and back) with the likes of Fremantle, Essendon, St. Kilda, etc.

I would seriously buy this if it was introduced... and I am sure many other members would too.

Edited by mfcrox

I don't see why we can't have a red clash jumper. Essendon seems to get away with a red clash uniform... so why can't we?

DemonsClash2012.jpg

My dream clash strip from 2012 onwards. It looks like a traditional football jumper, and incorporates a bit of club history whilst avoiding a clash (front and back) with the likes of Fremantle, Essendon, St. Kilda, etc.

I would seriously buy this if it was introduced... and I am sure many other members would too.

Yep that looks great...and many on here no what i think of clash jumpers!

DemonsClash2012.jpg

Looks great, as you say actually like a footy jumper, and certainly no clash with anyone else's home jumper.

I think though I would do the numbers in white.

My opinion on the whole clash jumper is that we need to design something that most supporters like (maybe put it to a member vote). We as a club are yet to find something that is liked by most of our fan base... but once a design is 'voted' upon or whatever, STICK WITH IT, don't change it every season! There is no reason why a clash jumper can't become synonymous with our club too... something that players and fans alike can wear with as much pride as our traditional home jumper.

We are the oldest club in the AFL and have a proud history... which we are clearly trying to show through the recent design of our emblem (has a big story behind it), mascots (designed to replicate our mascot from our 1950s-1960s glory years), and home jumper (again designed to replicate that of our glory years).

Whilst, the introduction of a clash jumper is a relatively new 'phenomenon'... there is no reason why we can't include some of our history in it also. The recent (and current) clash jumpers display no history whatsoever. The design I have proposed (and I and others have proposed it in the past also) includes history, looks traditional, and avoids a clash with EVERY club.

DemonsClash2012.jpg

Yep, I like it (if we have to have a clash jumper)

Be aware that Scwabby says we are not allowed (AFL) to have a predominately red clash strip

Yep, I like it (if we have to have a clash jumper)

Be aware that Scwabby says we are not allowed (AFL) to have a predominately red clash strip

Yeah, I know... and I have absolutely no idea why! It won't clash with anyone (besides Gold Coast and maybe Sydney, but we don't need a clash against them anyway)! It's frustrating... obviously we as a club are trying to comply with 'rules' and have brought up the idea of wearing a red clash jumper, and the AFL has said 'NO!', yet they will stand by and do nothing when Essendon comes up with their [censored]-poor excuse of a clash jumper which is predominantly RED!

Vlad Demetriou and his hench-men have absolutely no idea! The sooner he resigns to retirement, the better. Seriously!

DemonsClash2012.jpg

Haha. Got one of these jumpers (minus the blue side strips). We used these in the early to mid 90's as our training jumpers

This particular one was what the injured players wore.

The reverse of this was our training top for the fit blokes

Edited by OPETH

i like the current clash strip, and i think carltons blue is awful!

i think that we have done well with this seasons clash strip, and if we have to wear one i am happy with the one we have.

100% agree, the baby blues clash strip is probably the worst I've ever seen.

I preferred last year's Demon strip but this year's one has grown on me a lot, it's good they've been able to implement the red yolk with enough navy on there to represent the traditional emblem.