Rock Bottom

fired up

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying he had no idea, I'm saying he was wrong, but not sure why I'm bothering as comrehension obviously isn't your strong point.

The word is comprehension. And grammar isnt yours.

He knew what the list was and believed they could make the finals.

If he was brutally honest and believed we were as bad as you make out, why was Trav the only one moved on. Actions speak louder than words. His actions said he thought he could do something with our list.

What he said in a press interview was completely different to what he conveyed at the Coaching I/V and behind closed doors. rpfc is right. He knew a mallet had to be taken to the list.He did.

And coaches and football executives are never "brutally honest" to the press. His actions in culling 2/3 of the list in 3 years is testimony to what he really thought.

Great list management hey??

Indeed. Gave us another pick in the ND and PSD.

OUT

Bailey

IN

Anyone else pleeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee.

Its simple Bailey just can not get consistency out of this group. You can use injuries as an excuse but we all know this was a BIG problem before that. FFS get rid of him NOW.

It is hard to justify his role at this club anymore as with a few other support coaches. The MFC need to make a tough call sooner than later.

long time listener, first time caller

You are suffering from a delusional malaise, commonly known as "I'm so accepting of the pathetic Melbourne Football Club medoiocrity that it has made me believe that for the last 47 years, we are always 1 year away from success".

Welcome.

I don't know how you would have come to that conclusion from my posts if you really are a "long time listener."

Every club has the fans you mention.

I am not one, I knew this particular rebuild would take more than "the next year."

And again, for the old fogies in the back of the theatre, "the last 47 years of failure mean [censored]-all to the ineptitude of our leaders and our predicament today."

You, my friend, and so many other long suffering supporters like yourself, need to face up to some harsh truths - and right about now would be a great time to start. We are in fact bordering on becoming a basket case; we are threatening the definition of total rubbish, we have absolutely no rudder from the top down, and we do in fact need to sit down as a club and a supporter base and define exactly what our brand is AND WHERE IN FACT WE NEED TO GO TO BECOME COMPETITIVE - BECAUSE THE WALLET WILL ONLY BE OPEN FOR SO LONG BEFORE MORE PRESSING AND REWARDING CAUSES CALL FROM THE TIERS.

What [censored].

Our on-field leaders are letting us down, lazy supporters who don't want to actually think about the problems scream that "everything at the club is rotten," because it's easier than critiquing the problems in any way.

And you can [censored] off if you want to, but I am invested in the 'Melbourne Project' and we have made great strides in the past 3 years and we will continue to have problems to solve. I am not going to burn down the house because the old finishings are looking tired and awful.

I'm over this rubbish, sick of 'waiting' and sick of seeing the likes of Richmond show something - ready for the "acceptors" out there, bring it on - like it or not, we have been (for 38 years of my loyal support) and still remain, nowhere.

The only rubbish is this post and the effort of our 'senior' players.

You have got to stop looking sideways at what other clubs are doing in that particular moment. The Tigers are developing, so are we, but both clubs will not play finals in 2011 nor be a chance of a flag in 2011. So who gives a frack?

I want to win a flag and I won't let Green and Davey's poor leadership get in the way, and I certainly won't let the unthinking masses get in the way either.

Great list management hey??

If Bailey doesn't get a new contract, list management won't be the reason.

You may not like Bailey and frankly I am not certain that he has the answers to take us the next step but don't rewrite history. He was given a mandate to completely rebuild and do whatever it took to put the required talent on the list. This he has done, step back and look at the midfield that we now possess and what that could mean in another 50-100games.

Those bemoaning what Bailey has done with the list need to outline specfic alternatives.

Your ball RGRS, what would you have done differently.

If Bailey doesn't get a new contract he will be very quickly snapped up by a leading club to play a key role.

I'm not saying he had no idea, I'm saying he was wrong, but not sure why I'm bothering as comrehension obviously isn't your strong point.

He knew what the list was and believed they could make the finals.

If he was brutally honest and believed we were as bad as you make out, why was Trav the only one moved on. Actions speak louder than words. His actions said he thought he could do something with our list.

Why are you pushing this [censored]?

Your info is wrong, your source is wrong, the fairies in your head is wrong, or wherever you got this nonsense about what Bailey said.

He said they needed to rebuild and he went about it.

Johnstone, Pickett, Ferguson, Bizzell, Godfrey, Ward, and Nathan Brown never played under Bailey.

That kind of mallet to 6 mainstays of the side is hardly in line with your ridiculous meme, is it?

And again, for the old fogies in the back of the theatre, "the last 47 years of failure mean [censored]-all to the ineptitude of our leaders and our predicament today."

I don't think this can be overstated. History is created on a daily basis. I can't help but thinking that this is just a defeatist's way of preparing for disappointment.

Well a defeatist supporter/member deserves a defeatist footbal club.

Fortunately we have some blokes like Grimes, Gysberts, Watts, Scully and Trengove who are used to winning and expect no less. They are the what the club will build the new culture on.

If Bailey doesn't get a new contract, list management won't be the reason.

You may not like Bailey and frankly I am not certain that he has the answers to take us the next step but don't rewrite history. He was given a mandate to completely rebuild and do whatever it took to put the required talent on the list. This he has done, step back and look at the midfield that we now possess and what that could mean in another 50-100games.

Those bemoaning what Bailey has done with the list need to outline specfic alternatives.

Your ball RGRS, what would you have done differently.

If Bailey doesn't get a new contract he will be very quickly snapped up by a leading club to play a key role.

Other than the mentioned example, I'm not unhappy with the list rebuild AFTER Baileys first year.

I would have put Bruce on the market in his first year regardless of whether we would have had to cover some of his contract first year

Other than the mentioned example, I'm not unhappy with the list rebuild AFTER Baileys first year.

I would have put Bruce on the market in his first year regardless of whether we would have had to cover some of his contract first year

I think you will find as RPFC posted, every out of contract fringe player that was on the list was delisted on Bailey's arrival. He turned over half the list in 2 years if I remember correctly.

You really need to give this up, you are the only one arguing this pont of view for good reason.

If your assessment is that holding on to Bruce was his only mistake then the release of Mclean, Trapper and Chris Johnson would see him well in the black.

As for Newton and Meesen both were contracted players, a deal was struck to have them removed from the main list rather than paying them out and getting nothing in return.

Bailey and the club have had a fair dinkum crack at the list, they have gone for the contested ball.

Guest Artie Bucco

long time listener, first time caller

You are suffering from a delusional malaise, commonly known as "I'm so accepting of the pathetic Melbourne Football Club medoiocrity that it has made me believe that for the last 47 years, we are always 1 year away from success".

You, my friend, and so many other long suffering supporters like yourself, need to face up to some harsh truths - and right about now would be a great time to start. We are in fact bordering on becoming a basket case; we are threatening the definition of total rubbish, we have absolutely no rudder from the top down, and we do in fact need to sit down as a club and a supporter base and define exactly what our brand is AND WHERE IN FACT WE NEED TO GO TO BECOME COMPETITIVE - BECAUSE THE WALLET WILL ONLY BE OPEN FOR SO LONG BEFORE MORE PRESSING AND REWARDING CAUSES CALL FROM THE TIERS.

I'm over this rubbish, sick of 'waiting' and sick of seeing the likes of Richmond show something - ready for the "acceptors" out there, bring it on - like it or not, we have been (for 38 years of my loyal support) and still remain, nowhere.

Based on this horrible post, you should put the phone down & stick to listening.

NFI.

And to add to dandeeman's post, Bruce was signed in March of 2007 to a very good deal for the years 2008-10 - before Bailey was a twinkling in the previous boards eye.

Why are you pushing this [censored]?

Your info is wrong, your source is wrong, the fairies in your head is wrong, or wherever you got this nonsense about what Bailey said.

He said they needed to rebuild and he went about it.

Johnstone, Pickett, Ferguson, Bizzell, Godfrey, Ward, and Nathan Brown never played under Bailey.

That kind of mallet to 6 mainstays of the side is hardly in line with your ridiculous meme, is it?

Pickett, Bizzell and Brown all retired before the end of the 2007 season.

Johnstone was obviously traded and no coach would have kept Godfrey, Ward and Ferguson.

Johnstone was obviously traded and no coach would have kept Godfrey, Ward and Ferguson.

Can't recall the other two but doggy certainly didn't want to go. Ferguson went to the saints.

That is seven gone, did we release some rookies? I know we let a lot go at the end of that season.

Can't recall the other two but doggy certainly didn't want to go. Ferguson went to the saints.

That is seven gone, did we release some rookies? I know we let a lot go at the end of that season.

Brown left while Bailey was still at Port Adelaide.

Round 22, 2007:

675058-melbourne.jpg

Fergus Watts went to St Kilda.

Edited by Clint Bizkit

Guest Artie Bucco

Well, even if those decisions were already made, it's impossible to come in and male wholesale changes in one single offseason.

We had a decent list turnover before Bailey's first game in charge, it's not like he sat on his hands.

It was Matthew Ferguson that played for the Saints, not Ryan.

And CB, I thought Fergus Watts was drafted by St Kilda but moved to Adelaide.

Yes, I realise that the club did its own house-keeping before Bailye was appointed.

It was unfair of me to tacitly imply Bailey moved on the retirees.

But White, Robertson, et al. will tell all and sundry that they more moved out of the club at some speed by Bailey...

Yes, I realise that the club did its own house-keeping before Bailye was appointed.

It was unfair of me to tacitly imply Bailey moved on the retirees.

But White, Robertson, et al. will tell all and sundry that they more moved out of the club at some speed by Bailey...

I'm not arguing either way just stating the facts. The only point I will make is that any other coach would have made those changes. Possibly not the Johnstone one which was an inspired move, but certainly the rest.

I'm not arguing either way just stating the facts. The only point I will make is that any other coach would have made those changes. Possibly not the Johnstone one which was an inspired move, but certainly the rest.

If, as this poster mistakenly believes, Bailey said he could get us into the finals he probably would have kept Godfrey and Ward as seasoned pros.

I just can't let this BS stay unchallenged - Knights got the Essendon job because he had a rosier picture of the list than Hardwick.

Bailey said we were in a sorry state and set about doing what he did.

I think the large number of list changes made by the club and the fact that Bailey was employed by the club shotly thereafter indicate that the Club and Bailey were on the same page. The club lead by Bailey then continued to build a list based on drafting kids.

Nowhere near rock bottom and plenty of upside, but the cull clearly isn't quite finished. I have been wondering who would have to make way for the required new intake next year. We found two or three yesterday if they weren't there already, so that's made things a bit easier for list management crew. So I'll take that, plus Evans and Watts as my positives from the game, with apologies to Silvia and Maloney who I thought also busted their guts as they pretty much always do.

Re Dean Bailey I give him credit for taking on the aging carcass left by Daniher and disposing of it.

Re the next step - Last year we had 8 1/2 wins.

With our favourable draw and introduction of the Suns, around 10 wins should be our benchmark or another 6 1/2 wins to indicate improvement. We have 14 rounds to do it.

I don't believe there are any excuses not to achieve this. We simply have to toughen up and get the job done.

Some will use injuries as a croc just as I'm sure if we don't improve next year it will probably be excused by some due to a tougher draw or 5 interstate trips or something.

I don't think it could have been much easier for us than this year and we should be prepared from the outset for all the challenges a season brings.

Anything less than 10 wins is a fail for me.