Dont read this if you dont like statistics

Yeah. These lying numbers are saying we're grossly under experienced at present, but we're not. We're a hardened, seasoned side with loads of experience and loads of leadership. I'm changing my tip: Melbourne by 150.

Excuses excuses :lol:

Because I know you all love it. Tonights team versus Blues has a grand total of 1297 games experience compared to Carlton's 1995. Not that it matters though....

I love it BRFE. For every 100 games of experience, I'll equate that to 1 goal. So I estimate a 7 goal win to Carlton.

Because I know you all love it. Tonights team versus Blues has a grand total of 1297 games experience compared to Carlton's 1995. Not that it matters though....

Melbourne team games experience

vs Saints 1424

vs Blues 1297

vs Bombers 1138 (Essendon have 1648)

Fair to say this weeks team gives me alot more confidence with the removal of some experienced list cloggers and B-Graders and the return of Jack and Sculls. 2 first gamers, a second gamer and 2 third gamers now that makes for some exciting viewing.

anyone know gold coast's stats for this week?

1138........gee thats low. thats 51.7 games each. not even half of collingwoods "young" grand final team of 107 games average - and the cats 127 the year before.

we are 4 years behind the cats in 2007.

But I'd rather be depressed dammit!

lmao

I love it BRFE. For every 100 games of experience, I'll equate that to 1 goal. So I estimate a 7 goal win to Carlton.

**Felix genuflects @ HT**

"Well Played Sir"

Winning margin by Carlton was 47 pts or 7.83 Goals

By my calculations we've traded 228 games of experience for 47, most of which is from Scully and Trengove. And yet it doesn't worry me at all. I just wish Blease was playing instead of Strauss, but he must be getting close. Maybe a QB debut.

so, bombers by 6 goals tomorrow night? sounds about right

5 or 6 goals but I reckon you need to add the extra scrutiny and pressure from the media and public to that equation also now as it has been a pretty intense week. You may have to divide by 2 I reckon. Although if its 2.5 goals you might as well call it a draw.

So I am gonna call it a draw lol

...Green/Davey are the last of a soft culture at Melbourne and were poor choices as Captain and VC.

Bit harsh. Both players, off field, exhibit a mild mannered demeanor. I don't agree that translates into "soft". When Green runs backs with ball flight to mark, eyes always on the ball, is that soft? He tackles, he does work "inside", not only outside. The flash does his best work outside, running the lines, but soft? Tough call. The mark he failed to take last week may be explained by injury.

Look, most clubs might contain better choices for Capt, Vcapt, but we don't have those choices at the moment, so suck it up. We'd all love a Jonathan Brown, but we don't have one yet.

By the way, 23 years a member?... your a baby.

Melbourne team games experience

vs Saints 1424

vs Blues 1297

vs Bombers 1138 (Essendon have 1648)

Fair to say this weeks team gives me alot more confidence with the removal of some experienced list cloggers and B-Graders and the return of Jack and Sculls. 2 first gamers, a second gamer and 2 third gamers now that makes for some exciting viewing.

Absolutely.

Experience and age helps, there is absolutely no denying that, but quality will always beat (games) quantity.

Give me 4 players with 30 games experience between them who could turn out to be stars and can use the ball well, over 4 guys with 300 games experience who can't kick, make stupid decisions and are soft.

Look, most clubs might contain better choices for Capt, Vcapt, but we don't have those choices at the moment, so suck it up. We'd all love a Jonathan Brown, but we don't have one yet.

I think we have many better choices for captain, but the club decided not to take a punt on a younger player, like Grimes.

While I don't necessarily disagree with that decision, I firmly believe that we won't have a decent leadership group and captain until we bite the bullet and appoint a young captain. Sadly, given the age and experience gaps on our list, it seems like one of Grimes, Trengove, Scully etc... will need to step up into the role before they are absolutely 100% ready. It's not completely fair, but great leaders excel under pressure. Our current leadership group craps itself regularly and has given us nothing in the past 4 weeks, when times have been tough.

Nice, you could be right. I thought we'd have to go back many years (back to an era where players stayed in the 2s until they were ready, etc).

Do Port count as a legitimate footy team though?

I suppose we live in a house made of poop so we can't sling crap at them, but realistically Essendon are miles and miles ahead of Port.

It would be a large miracle if we win, but who cares, at least I get to go watch the future perform, as opposed to getting angry with the same old players who are not up to it.

GAWN gives me much excitement. I will probably cheer like a crazed Justin Beiber fan every time he goes near it :wub:

Do Port count as a legitimate footy team though?

Ouch. It's a shame we, like Richmond, sold off our home game versus them.

GAWN gives me much excitement. I will probably cheer like a crazed Justin Beiber fan every time he goes near it :wub:

I can't believe he's 10 cms taller than Jamar - massive.

I think we have many better choices for captain, but the club decided not to take a punt on a younger player, like Grimes.

While I don't necessarily disagree with that decision, I firmly believe that we won't have a decent leadership group and captain until we bite the bullet and appoint a young captain. Sadly, given the age and experience gaps on our list, it seems like one of Grimes, Trengove, Scully etc... will need to step up into the role before they are absolutely 100% ready. It's not completely fair, but great leaders excel under pressure. Our current leadership group craps itself regularly and has given us nothing in the past 4 weeks, when times have been tough.

Agree with your basic sentiment. But what you are saying is that we don't currently have Captain material. Given we must have a Captain, then Green is it.

Back to my original post, even if quietly spoken, he is not "soft", or shall we say "bruise free".

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't bother doing this last week as I though everyone understood the gap between us and the Pies. Obviously in peoples minds though a gap of 1000 games experience does not equate to 88 points (to be clear nor does it in mine)

Worth noting that although talk of Freo's injuries this week and struggle to cobble a side together they still have 1527 games experience in their squad over 1407 in ours.

However Freo at the G and it being our week on should still see us get over the line.