Ins and Outs Vs Crows

DemonOX

I agree that it is like shuffling deck chairs with the current lack if game plan but for what it's worth:

I Aldo agree that dropping Green or frawley isn't the dumbest idea.

Out: Morton, Dunn, wonna, Davey

In: petterd, bate, Howe, jetta

The thing that annoys me most atm is that the midfield are getting off Scott free because we have no mid depth on our list. Other than jetta there is no one else at Casey!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is that we played what I believe was our best available 22 against West Coast. You guys can all drop Bennell, Wona and Gysberts if you want but it's not exactly striking at the heart of the issue is it? This is just stuffing around with 0.1%ers - the real problems with this side can't be addressed by shuffling around the 18th-21st players. The real "problem players" were our senior ones - Green, Moloney, Davey and Sylvia specifically, and since there's no chance they'll be dropped then I'd forget about trying to solve our problems with team selection.

So for me it's Dunn out, Petterd in. Exactly the same as I said last week. The reason I elect to persevere with the names mentioned previously but give Dunn the chop is because the others deserve some benefit of the doubt due to their level of development. I've given up on Dunn as being any part of our present or our future so I'd be getting him out of the side ASAP.

Nicholson was outstanding today for Casey and demands a game at the expense of Gysberts who's output last game was limited with only 9 posi's for 3/4's before being subbed.

Alot of people will agree with you, BUT Nicholson is rookie listed and not eligible to play until he is listed on the full list, which wont be until mid year.

But yes on form Nicholson is most deserving of a game

No way would I ever have Maric in over Wonna! Wonna provides hard tackling and toughness at the ball and is a far better prospect IMO than Maric.

At AFL level Maric is a passenger and looks a bit frightened to me

/facepalm

While wholesale changes won't change the [censored] gameplan, there are some players who do not deserve a spot.

Unfortunately, I think Tappy might go for his bump. I don't think he should, but knowing how the AFL absolutely loath anything behind the ball happening, he might get a week. If not, keep him in and Jetta can stay in the two's.

OUT: Morton, Dunn, Wona, Tapscott (susp.)

IN: Petterd, Jetta, Maric, Bate

I have just got back from the West, we need to add skill and run into our team. Bate and Petterd can give us marking mobile half forwards, Maric today deserves another chance and I think he is a better option than both Aussie and Bennell. Maric can run in the midfield and it a leading forward, Morton and Dunn need to be dropped, upgrade Nicholson or Evans, Scully is still 5 weeks away. Move Grimes into the midfield, from the limited time he gets in there he is a very good clearance player. We need to stop trying to win games from the backline, we need to win from the midfield and get the footy inside our attacking 50m arc.

Bartram Martin Frawley

Garland Rivers Tapscott

Trengove Grimes Jones

Green Watts Bate

Davey Jurrah Petterd

Jamar Sylvia Moloney

Gysberts Bail Maric Nicholson

In Maric, Nicholson, Petterd, Bate

Out Aussie, Bennell, Morton, Dunn

After watching Casey today (and yes, I know it was against Frankston):-

OUT: Wonna, Frawley, Gysberts, Dunn

IN: Warnock, Petterd, Maric, Howe/Bate

Must have watched a different game today.....

Petterd will probably replace Dunn but he was not convincing against ordinary opposition.

Drop Brad Green to Casey....Make a True Statement. Otherwise it will be more of the same.

When we need leadership for the Adelaide we drop our Captain after 5 games.

Great idea.

The sad thing is that we played what I believe was our best available 22 against West Coast. You guys can all drop Bennell, Wona and Gysberts if you want but it's not exactly striking at the heart of the issue is it? This is just stuffing around with 0.1%ers - the real problems with this side can't be addressed by shuffling around the 18th-21st players. The real "problem players" were our senior ones - Green, Moloney, Davey and Sylvia specifically, and since there's no chance they'll be dropped then I'd forget about trying to solve our problems with team selection.

So for me it's Dunn out, Petterd in. Exactly the same as I said last week. The reason I elect to persevere with the names mentioned previously but give Dunn the chop is because the others deserve some benefit of the doubt due to their level of development. I've given up on Dunn as being any part of our present or our future so I'd be getting him out of the side ASAP.

Common sense where its needed.

No way would I ever have Maric in over Wonna! Wonna provides hard tackling and toughness at the ball and is a far better prospect IMO than Maric.

And on today's performance against an undermanned opposition, Maric hardly impressed. Wonna has more upside than Maric for mine.

Oh goodness did anyone watch the crows tonight, fixed up the saints.

Looked far to tough and fast for us.

Thank god it is not in adelaide next weekend.

Better lay in a new bottle of Glenmorangie I think I may need it.

In Bate, Pettard, MacDonald, Maric

Out Wona, Pettard, Dunn Morton

B Bartram Frawley Garland

HB Grimes Rivers Green

C Maric Jones Tremgove

HF Pettard Bate Sylvia

F Davey Jurrah Tapscott

Foll Jamar Moloney Gysberts

INT Martin Watts Macdonald Bail

Liam Jurrah must stay inside the F50 at all times. He;s not fit enough to be running down field and he is our most dangerous target... give this man space in the F50 and kick it to him. goals will be kicked

enough of this [censored] hand-balling. If in danger kick in 55m and down the line if under the pump in defence...

gut busting running required all game... u have a week to recover

hit the top of the square when in doubt and eradicate any 20m kicks to players in a 50/50 situation

Jamar - When resting to spend time in forward line as big target.

when kicking out from defence, kick in 60m over the zone if a LONG target can not safely be found...

Play 1 on 1 and back ourselves in....

Our game-plan is terrible and relies on the opposite team kicking into our defence and turning it over...Lets try some pressure forward of misfield and try to get the ball back earlier and not concede 60 inside 50's every game..

Keep forward 50 as open as possible and let Jurrah do his work.. He will kick us 75+ goals if allowed and fit.

If Davey cant shake his tag (75% of time) play as a small forward like the early days

in ruck contest mix it up by punching ball forward on occasions...

every ball up should have a zone were best 2 tackers are defensive side of the pack and fasters runners offensive side.

Green to show leadership

'

Morton not allowed back into the team till weight is put on and he's not soft.

Watts needs to lift intensity.. needs someone chasing him at training every day

Oh goodness did anyone watch the crows tonight, fixed up the saints.

Looked far to tough and fast for us.

Thank god it is not in adelaide next weekend.

Better lay in a new bottle of Glenmorangie I think I may need it.

Nah, we will beat the crows next week, then loads of people on here & in the Press will be saying "everything is fine"

Then the week after North at Etihad????

In Bate, Pettard, MacDonald, Maric

Out Wona, Pettard, Dunn Morton

B Bartram Frawley Garland

HB Grimes Rivers Green

C Maric Jones Tremgove

HF Pettard Bate Sylvia

F Davey Jurrah Tapscott

Foll Jamar Moloney Gysberts

INT Martin Watts Macdonald Bail

Watts needs to lift intensity.. needs someone chasing him at training every day

Petterd has been poor across in Casey, how does he warrant a selection, MacDonald, he was full of errors yesterday and is a poor kick. Bate kicked 6 easy goals against a side that has lost 4 in a row and no AFL club attached..

Big Jake Spencer deserves a call up, his 2nd 3rd attempts at the ball is what is required by the senior side.. something that seems to be lacking.

What a ill informed comment on Watts, he was one of the best Thursday..

good thing you are not a selector.

In what i saw of the casey game Howe & Nicholson are promising rookies. And Newton is garbage.

Petterd has been poor across in Casey, how does he warrant a selection, MacDonald, he was full of errors yesterday and is a poor kick. Bate kicked 6 easy goals against a side that has lost 4 in a row and no AFL club attached..

Big Jake Spencer deserves a call up, his 2nd 3rd attempts at the ball is what is required by the senior side.. something that seems to be lacking.

In what i saw of the casey game Howe & Nicholson are promising rookies. And Newton is garbage.

Agree fully with Spencer - he has (and will) continue to develop especially as a tall marking option. Also agree that MacDonald is a poor disposer but on Thursday's effort that now appears compulsory.

For one quarter

Nah, we will beat the crows next week, then loads of people on here & in the Press will be saying "everything is fine"

Then the week after North at Etihad????

I like your confidence but I smell two beltings

We have seldom been able to beat either of these two sides.

They usually scare us out of it.

Hope you are right but!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that it is like shuffling deck chairs with the current lack if game plan but for what it's worth:

I Aldo agree that dropping Green or frawley isn't the dumbest idea.

Out: Morton, Dunn, wonna, Davey

In: petterd, bate, Howe, jetta

The thing that annoys me most atm is that the midfield are getting off Scott free because we have no mid depth on our list. Other than jetta there is no one else at Casey!

I'd like to see >

Martin to go into defence for this game, (can rotate through ruck if needed).. Tappy may get rubbed out?

Bate in for Morton. To play 'leadup', finding the footy around the wing and halfback. Throw some weight around Bater.

Newton in for Dunn. (Newton to run around and play high) Jurrah and Watts to rotate throughout the forwardline in coordination, particularly looking for the ball running back towards goal.

MELBOURNE

Backs: S.Martin, J.Frawley, C.Bartram

Half Backs: J.Grimes, J.Rivers, C.Garland

Centreline: J.Gysberts, N.Jones, R.Bail

Half Forwards: B.Green, M Bate, L.Jurrah

Forwards: A.Davey, M Newton, J.Watts

Followers: M.Jamar, B.Moloney, J.Trengove

Interchange: C.Sylvia, J.Bennell, C.Morton,

Emergencies: M.Warnock, A.Wonaeamirri, R.Petterd, A.Maric, L.Dunn, :L.Tapscott

Agreed. Watts was easily in the best for me. He really looked to be fruit his heart out. Too bad most of the other team couldnt replicate his endeavor.

I agree with you. But I would drop the senior players. They are the ones showing NO leadership. Let them play at Casey and let the kids loose. Can't do any worse that the shiiiite I watched on Thursday. Sylvia, Davey, Green and Moloney. Our midfield stinks. Has for 3 years. We have the best tap ruckman in the comp and we are still pathetic at clearances.

No wonder the AFL doesn't give us more premium time slots. We don't deserve them.

OUTS- Morton, Bennell, Dunn

INS- Bate, Petterd, Jetta

Play Watts in the role Morton plays, move Bate to the lead up forward which allows Green or Jurrah to stay permanantly in the forward 50 and Jetta as a straight swap for Bennell same with Petterd and Dunn