Demons v Bombers

Grandson of a gun

Do they actually have one?? You're not thinking of the one with the wider red stripe are you?? That hardly counts.

Based on that then jnr, what is the solution ?

I'm tipping the AFL will make Melbourne wear it's clash jumper. Would everyone be happy with that ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

Given the lack 'there of' response, I'll just assume that most Melbourne supporters & members are tired of discussing the guernsey's, that they'd prefer to roll over and let Melbourne wear it's clash any time except home games at the G. And just let Essendon wear their preferred strip all the time.

There. Done. No need to discuss it any further.

Given the lack 'there of' response, I'll just assume that most Melbourne supporters & members are tired of discussing the guernsey's, that they'd prefer to roll over and let Melbourne wear it's clash any time except home games at the G. And just let Essendon wear their preferred strip all the time.

Collingwood & Essendon are the 2 richest clubs in Victoria, & they are the only 2 clubs to not have a "Real" clash jumper.

That to me says everything. We the MFC just have to get bigger & fight hard for our heritage.

I certainly hope we wear our Trad jumper on thursday night.

No rush on Tapscott or Gysberts ease them back into it I thinks Casey start their practise matches on the 6/3. If we win through the NAB next week you keep playing best available, if we lose then we rest a number of senior players the following week.

Disagree that we play best available. We play a team of fully fit players giving young blokes exposure at the top level and resting some of our stars for the season proper. Still doesn't mean i don't want to absolutely smash them, but now is the time to blood youngsters.

Davey will also play prominately forward as well.

High half forward pushing from deep in defence at times however given his sublime laser kicking he will spend more time up the ground / in defence (either as a Wing or HBF or BP) than he will down forward.

I thought I had heard / read somewhere that LJ may not play. No injury concerns, but preference is to build his workload gradually leading into the season proper.

Smart decision if it is the case. Just keep nursing LJ in. He certainly will come in for some serious physical attention as the season progresses so we need that cotton wool approach now (whilst building his match fitness).

I think Petterd has more to offer up forward than Bate. If Davey plays more up forward eans our midfield is flying with out him and e is back to being a very dangerous small forward.

Agree on Petterd, think he's going to become a very damaging player as our forward line develops.

Petterd has a lot to offer however he hasn't played since early last season and i wouldn't expect to see him play much at the start of this year. He needs to build up his match fitness again.

Don't sell Bate short just yet. People have very short memories around here. He can still be a very damaging forward and i wouldn't be surprised to see him playing the full forward role this year as it offers up great flexibility...

with Bate at FF it puts the pressure on opposition coaches as to who gets the best defender, LJ, Greeny, Watts, Bate? I will back him in to be a very important part of our team this year.

How many mid-sized forwards can we have in the forward line?

Surely we need some true talls and smalls.

Yep. With Watts, LJ, Cook developing and the resting ruckman we have the talls. The smalls will come from from blokes like Aussie getting fit again. And Bennell pushing harder forward. As well as Trengove, Scully, McKenzie and co pushing hard forward to scout the packs.

Essendon have some tall timber down forward Hurley, Ryder, Carlisle, Cramari,Gumby - not sure we can contain them all with Frawley out. Hurley especially looked powerful against bris, StK.

They won't all be on the park at the one time but i believe with Warnock, Garland, Rivers, MArtin, McDonald and co that we will be able to cover them even without Frawley.

This will be an almighty task to win ,I think. They have gained a very powerful young tall side when all fit.A real test for us,in particular with our injury list.

Would hardly call them a very powerful side. Think you are overselling them substantially JCB.

A good test for us but certainly not a top 8 side or a side that is a benchmark going forward.

Would hardly call them a very powerful side. Think you are overselling them substantially JCB.

A good test for us but certainly not a top 8 side or a side that is a benchmark going forward.

He didn't say anything about Essendon being a top 8 side or using them as a "benchmark". Nor did he call them a "very powerful side" - he was referring to their grouping of talls.

Regardless, it will be a big test given Essendon's improvement defensively under Hird/Thompson, as well as it being their home ground. On top of that a few of ours are missing, particularly Frawley, maybe Scully.

Collingwood & Essendon are the 2 richest clubs in Victoria, & they are the only 2 clubs to not have a "Real" clash jumper.

That to me says everything. We the MFC just have to get bigger & fight hard for our heritage.

I certainly hope we wear our Trad jumper on thursday night.

I remember when it was good enough just to wear black or white shorts to denote home or away... blame whoever decided to colour coordinate team outfits.

..........They have gained a very powerful young tall side when all fit.......................

He didn't say anything about Essendon being a top 8 side or using them as a "benchmark". Nor did he call them a "very powerful side" - he was referring to their grouping of talls.

Disagree HT. As highlighted in bold it is exactly what he said, "a very powerful young tall side".

And hence the reason i said that i disagreed as they are not a powerful side.

As long as we are wearing R&B in all home games during the actual season.

Shall we light the torches and march if the AFL request that we wear our clash strip during the actual season in a home game, highlighting we set a precedent and didn't kick up a stink when we wore a clash strip at an allocated home game v Essendon in the NAB Cup ?

Just saying. I'm up for it, bored and willing.

And I recognise NAB Cup fixtures aren't important btw.

But I can't read Adrian Anderson's mind. Can you ?

Fremantle have changed their jumper, the Green is gone, from memory all Purple with a white anchor home and all white with Purple anchor away.

ah right sorry

pretty rare and retty weird to omit one of your club's colours from your jumper

then again its Freo we're talking about

I remember when it was good enough just to wear black or white shorts to denote home or away... blame whoever decided to colour coordinate team outfits.

Maybe its going to be muddy inside EHtihad? Then we won't be able to tell who has white shorts and black shorts.

Both WB and Geelong wore clash strips in their game.

We will stay in white I would wager.

I don't care.

As long as we are wearing R&B in all home games during the actual season.

Agree. Happy to wear our clash jumper right up to the time we get presented with the NAB Cup, then back to the Red and Blue.

Guest Thomo

I'm sure the AFL check the number of responses to your posts on Demonland when making their decisions. And keep assuming that if Melbourne supporters don't want to discuss issues with you, they don't care, it’s some pretty sound logic.

I'm sure the AFL check the number of responses to your posts on Demonland when making their decisions. And keep assuming that if Melbourne supporters don't want to discuss issues with you, they don't care, its some pretty sound logic.

Of course they don't care. And Melbourne supporters prefer not to use foresight, they'd prefer to wait until it's happened, before putting on a song & dance. They're not ruthless enough. That's partly why we're branded as weak in many ways. Not passionate enough. There you go....there's another topic that won't be discussed. You can bet on it.

For all those hoping to see Gysberts or Tapscott both didn't train today and it looked to me like the 28 players for tomorrow trained as that is all I counted. Good news is Cook, Evans, Howe and Blease will be in the squad, Scully wont still in Rehab.